Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perfection! Let me know if you have a chance to send me that rule picture so we can see what center caps fit. :clap:

Pics of the co trip so far - can't say how impressed I am with the Ridge grapplers and their road manners after 1400 miles in 4 days - and a decent 2 days of fireroads and light offroading...

only issue with the 35's is they run small - almost convinced myself ( and the wife supports) that I'll need to try to fit in 37x11's.... that also will give more sidewall - I didn't really dare air down past 25lbs..

very happy with how the rig is running short of a vibration in the ARB drawer that I need to chase down.

still have a week out here in CO but have some mon/tues and then dropping her off at Slee's for the rear bumper fit.

ihpone CO sunday 7.16.17 230.JPG
ihpone CO sunday 7.16.17 243.JPG
ihpone CO sunday 7.16.17 233.JPG
ihpone CO sunday 7.16.17 237.JPG
ihpone CO sunday 7.16.17 241.JPG

both the wife and the dog love the fridge..... but going noticed that the front bumper has moved a bit and will have to reset that once i get back.... it's rubbing on the fenders just slighly.
The drawers however are my favorite per-dollar item.... love having everything avail and in a sorted place.

Great rig! Sorry to have missed you when you passed through town getting your Kooks Headers. I have to say I wish I could get drawers - but we do use the third row every so often with the kids and their friends.

I love organization! I think one of the biggest wastes of time is looking for stuff that you know you own - but can't find! Have a great time in Colorado - take good photos as some of us are living vicariously through you for the next week or so! Safe travels!

Great read so far. A very slight thread hijack...what I've so far observed from your thread, and others, is that our American cousins treat 'their' 200's slightly, well more that slightly, about 'rougher' than the one's here in Australia.

I for one prefer your 'attitude' of ride 'em hard, put 'em away wet, here it's a case of the 200 is used as a 'urban tractor'. Thou shalt not get thy 'cruiser' dirtied less it take away thou how much I paid.

Anyway, I like what I'm reading & seeing.

haha @Reccymech - so far this is the first real time I've gotten to use her the way she deserves to be....and that I built her for. but til' now she's been a fast mall-cruiser

hoping to get down to Ouray later in the week to try some rougher trails

Cheers

E

Cool - I may be, we're debating adding an extra day or two as I'm working Mon-Wed.

I'll PM you if we stay.

E

E, every now and then I peak in on this thread to see your progress/changes/upgrades and each time I am VERY impressed. Your rig is by far the best looking 200 on the forum, and I am confident that many others share my opinion. Keep doing what you're doing man...dang awesome rig bro, just awesome.

Pics of the co trip so far - can't say how impressed I am with the Ridge grapplers and their road manners after 1400 miles in 4 days - and a decent 2 days of fireroads and light offroading...

only issue with the 35's is they run small - almost convinced myself ( and the wife supports) that I'll need to try to fit in 37x11's.... that also will give more sidewall - I didn't really dare air down past 25lbs..

very happy with how the rig is running short of a vibration in the ARB drawer that I need to chase down.

still have a week out here in CO but have some mon/tues and then dropping her off at Slee's for the rear bumper fit.

View attachment 1497994 View attachment 1497995 View attachment 1497996 View attachment 1497997 View attachment 1497998

What happened to the fill piece above the bumper? Looks like it is trying to fly away!

@beno - will call you tomorrow, truck is at Slee getting the r. bumper installed but around town..... staying in Bloomfield and working out of our Denver offiice. You around ?

E

So the Slee bumper went on super smoothly and Ben 3even had time to fix up the ARB swtiches that were hanging out of the slots and ocnvert it into a really slick setup using an old school rotary diale and custom push switch in a 3d'ed panel....

the rear bumper exceeds my expectations.... on my non-stop trip back to hosuton last night I had a dozen folks ask me about it at gas stations ( I need a ranger tank) - mostly 4Runner or FJ peeps...

really happy after spending some time cleaning the truck up today.... will be adding some Taco Marine weather stripping to the can carrier and likely some sort of tratment for the floor to minimize rubbing but short of that it's perfect.... the Cam design and handles, and misc are all so well thought out..

looking forward to getting out to Big Bend & PINS next month !

7.22.17 003.JPG
7.22.17 001.JPG
Iphone CO trip # 3 202.JPG
Iphone CO trip # 3 198.JPG
Iphone CO trip # 3 199.JPG

a few of the trip - btw Spyderco is right next to Slee...... with a factory store that offers up to 25% off for SAS folks..... I loaded up !!

Iphone CO trip # 3 040.JPG
Iphone CO trip # 3 074.JPG
Iphone CO trip # 3 157.JPG
Iphone CO trip # 3 174.JPG

Yep - good peeps... the owners gave a bit of a tour, so it was a neat side trip.... I picked up a dozen things for friends and family ....plus a few extra for me. @ tonyp thanks for your service....

E

BTW Ben suggested switching out my 2721's with the 30mm OME spacers, for 2724's alone.... very impressed with the ride and smoothness....
I may add a 10mm spacer to the rears and dial up the front coilovers a bit, as I remove the front plates on the Dobinson bumper and cut more of the fender liner to fit the pending 37's in..... a bit worried on the limited clearance ( Clarence) to the rear body mount - but plan to grind

that as needed and likley do a 3/4 " BL... the shine is from the former 36's I suspect..

Iphone CO trip # 3 205.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom