Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after a slight hiccup with a JKU build I'm VERY happy to be back in the LC family....... the Heep was interesting, very capable and well supported in the aftermarket but not a daily or good for covering distance.....perhaps I made an error in going with a soft-top....as the suspension ( Metalcloak) was very nice... but the overall experience just left me lacking enthusiasm..... I bought a E63 for a daily but found logiistics and costs of two cars jsut didn't make sense.... loved that car and it's motor (460 WHP) but traded her in on the LC...

so after a few months of searching I finally found a super clean Blizzard 13' with 55k on her - local and CPO'ed, and pulled the trigger. Build plan is to be more fast and lightly armoured.... likely Supercharged, as my 100 series was - and I do like power.....

I bought a set of RW wheels from a mud member in NOLA before I'd even found a truck and am going to Pc' the rings

Ordered up some 295/70/17's Toyo RT's - I ran these in 37's on the Heep for a bit and was very impressed with how they rode but know they are heavy..... hoping to get these mounted up Wednesday and remove the running boards and do some trimming...

thanks to the folks on here and several vendors I've decided to go with a Icon / Tundra Front Arm hybrid - Stage 4+ - Carl at Just Differentials was kind enough to help assemble the parts based on his rig.... can't wait for this - so the next 2-3 weeks of waiting will be tough !

Ordering up some Parts from Slee and a few others folks - mostly cosmetic ...

pics of the 200 the day I got her - and of the old rides she replaces
Cars and Trucks 5.14.16 116.JPG
IMG_4025.JPG

You will be very pleased with the Icon/Tundra set up. Glad to see another Tundra'd build.

yours was one of the ones that intrigued me.... I was impressed with my Icon'ed 100 and love my old Donahoe 4Runner.....how many miles since you did your build & anything you'd tweak ?

I ordered Slee Sliders, Spacers, Dual batt kit, fridge and rear drawers today as well...... short of a front bumper (TJM if I can find one) and the sc'er I think that will suffice for a bit.... now the waiting....

I've got close to 15K on mine since the lift. It performed beautifully at Ouray. Never drug the front or rear bumpers. When I send the fronts in for rebuild, I will have them add the CDC valve, just to try fiddling with the damping. It rides great. Much smoother than the 200 I rode in with radflos and cruiser hardware.
The only thing I may do differently, would be to have custom links made to go between the lower control arms and the sway bar/KDSS.
The Tundra/Cruiser links are at weird angles and not doing any favors for the bushings. Was a total pain getting them in.
If the shop is not using brand new, unmolested Lower control arms, get a porta-power and use the jaws to open the cup the linkage sits in.
it gets crushed when you install the linkage, and made it almost impossible to get it back together given the odd angles.

hmmm - glad I did the CDC's then, the 100 had them and I liked being able to tweak them for use. All parts will be new so hoping it'll go smoothly...

Beautiful truck, LC is hard to come by, I have been looking too. Look forward to your build. =)

So after a slight hiccup with a JKU build I'm VERY happy to be back in the LC family....... the Heep was interesting, very capable and well supported in the aftermarket but not a daily or good for covering distance.....perhaps I made an error in going with a soft-top....as the suspension ( Metalcloak) was very nice... but the overall experience just left me lacking enthusiasm..... I bought a E63 for a daily but found logiistics and costs of two cars jsut didn't make sense.... loved that car and it's motor (460 WHP) but traded her in on the LC...

so after a few months of searching I finally found a super clean Blizzard 13' with 55k on her - local and CPO'ed, and pulled the trigger. Build plan is to be more fast and lightly armoured.... likely Supercharged, as my 100 series was - and I do like power.....

I bought a set of RW wheels from a mud member in NOLA before I'd even found a truck and am going to Pc' the rings

Ordered up some 295/70/17's Toyo RT's - I ran these in 37's on the Heep for a bit and was very impressed with how they rode but know they are heavy..... hoping to get these mounted up Wednesday and remove the running boards and do some trimming...

thanks to the folks on here and several vendors I've decided to go with a Icon / Tundra Front Arm hybrid - Stage 4+ - Carl at Just Differentials was kind enough to help assemble the parts based on his rig.... can't wait for this - so the next 2-3 weeks of waiting will be tough !

Ordering up some Parts from Slee and a few others folks - mostly cosmetic ...

pics of the 200 the day I got her - and of the old rides she replacesView attachment 1328097 View attachment 1328106

You beat me to it! I was supposed to go look at it and got an email later that day saying it was sold. Good job! Cant wait to see what you do with it.

My search continues.

Tires are on and fit with no lift but required front flap removal
Out fishing today but will get pics up this afternoon

Liking the Toyo RTs - did 200 miles yesterday and they are exactly as expected - smooth and fairly quiet

Can't wait for the lift and other goodies ....

A few pics...... hoping to get the jump seats and mesh grille/ 60 series emblem on tonight....

the RT's fit very well - and their shape ( not as square as some) fit well into the Wheelwells with the RW and the Spacers - in fact it looks like a 305 might work with the RT - although tight on the UCA's

now the waiting....
Iphone 10.3.16 185.JPG
Iphone 10.3.16 199.JPG
Iphone 10.3.16 200.JPG

Hoping to get the truck to the shop on tuesday - just waiting on the rear coils and Icon LCA's...... Can't wait !!

pulled the trigger on a Pinsu rack due to it's low clearance and design....

iphone 10.17.16 021.JPG

Puuurty looking pile o' parts.
does the shop installing have the capability of measuring full travel?

thanks - yes, they did using a lift with my jeep and I plan of measuring and checking clearances once it's installed and will post pics....

sorry - lower Alum rear arms...... decided last minute to add them to the mix.

You don't waste any time with builds

Excited to see the final product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom