Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

37's were always a "want"...... I'm willing to sort out the issues needed to run them, and these do run fairly small - not much larger then the 305/70/18's in reality. I have the timbrens but also ordered F & R Energy version to see which work better once we get the front coilovers dialed and the extra lift in the rear... the 4;88's laid the groundwork for this - couldn't imagine it without them.

the 37's do highlight the KDSS clearance needs and will require a bit wider spacer on the front to regain scrub angle clearance - livable for now and perhaps will be improved with the SPC uppers ( or maybe made worse ?)

worse case - I've pulled in the parts for a 3/4" body lift ....and have the diff drop enroute from Aus.

the real motivation came from that my wife will be DD this in a month or so when I snag a DD for the road / work trip I'm having to do.....

agree it's not for 98% of of the folks here but .... my wife is part of that 2% luckily !

Will keep updated as I work thru the issues and get this finished off. thanks to all who've lead the way in pioneering some of the solutions to the issues noted.

E

cut a bit more fender liner this morning before heading off to the airport - almost no rubbing now other then hard lock against the KDSS.
hoping all the parts arrive by next week so I can get her finished and determine IF the 3/4" body lift will be needed...

with 600 miles on the Nitto's I have to say I'm impressed at how they run - 38lbs seems to be the right pressure for ride quality.

E
iphone 8.16.17 009.JPG

That is some serious rake you got going. Is the truck unusually empty?

Looking forward to seeing it levelled out.

Full lock to the right is going to hit the sway bar..even with mere 35's.:flipoff2:

Storm trooper is looking great!

Last edited:
edited.

stupid phone.....autocorrect my ask. :bang:

Happy with the 37's far.... working to get her in next week to get the final needs sorted..... pending the dang storm's timing. hope all my fellow Mudders stay safe..... we've been lucky so far in Houston but there were tornado's close-by and the southern coast got hit hard...

the rubbing with the 37's is mostly livable - and I expect with the front coilovers set up another1 1/2" and the rear up a 3/4 inch I should be able to fully flex. Picked up new bumpstops front and rear ( energy Susp) and SPC arms, plus a set Trail Tailor rear UCA's and LCA skids that I had PC'ed. Also going to finally install the new tranny and trans mounts that @beno sourced...... working to chase a light driveline vibration still - so have a new rear Driveshaft enroute.... will be using 20mm OME rear spacers to make up the balance.

the front KDSS rubbing issue issue I suspect will be fixed with the SPC's and moving to 15MM spacers .... and The Diff Drop kit came in today via air freight.

With the rain coming tonight I'm hoping to finally get all my roof rack lights wired up and the Ezi-awn installed......

Also picked up a Ebay Hardigg case for the Land anchor, ARB exhasut jack and the Frontrunner chairs and table ..... Didn't know they made one that large and was stoked to get it for under $ 100 !!

Putting a batch of extra suspension parts in the classifieds ....

Almost ready for a week in Big Bend next month....
Iphone 8.26.17 008.JPG
Iphone 8.26.17 009.JPG
Iphone 8.26.17 012.JPG
Iphone 8.26.17 013.JPG
iphone 8.6.17 043.JPG

E

Looks awesome. Stay safe. Good luck with the storm

Happy with the 37's far.... working to get her in next week to get the final needs sorted..... pending the dang storm's timing. hope all my fellow Mudders stay safe..... we've been lucky so far in Houston but there were tornado's close-by and the southern coast got hit hard...

the rubbing with the 37's is mostly livable - and I expect with the front coilovers set up another1 1/2" and the rear up a 3/4 inch I should be able to fully flex. Picked up new bumpstops front and rear ( energy Susp) and SPC arms, plus a set Trail Tailor rear UCA's and LCA skids that I had PC'ed. Also going to finally install the new tranny and trans mounts that @beno sourced...... working to chase a light driveline vibration still - so have a new rear Driveshaft enroute.... will be using 20mm OME rear spacers to make up the balance.

the front KDSS rubbing issue issue I suspect will be fixed with the SPC's and moving to 15MM spacers .... and The Diff Drop kit came in today via air freight.

With the rain coming tonight I'm hoping to finally get all my roof rack lights wired up and the Ezi-awn installed......

Also picked up a Ebay Hardigg case for the Land anchor, ARB exhasut jack and the Frontrunner chairs and table ..... Didn't know they made one that large and was stoked to get it for under $ 100 !!

Putting a batch of extra suspension parts in the classifieds ....

Almost ready for a week in Big Bend next month....View attachment 1524855 View attachment 1524856 View attachment 1524858 View attachment 1524859 View attachment 1524862

E

When's the trip Erich? :)

You staying dry down there amigo?

met up with a friend on friday who was so excited about his new 4runner after coming from an FRS, and was going on- and -on about how big it felt..... I shared this pic with him......

View attachment 1524870

that is a tremendous looking highlander on the right, sir! :rofl:

With my motorsport tech spacers I couldnt get the knurl ( where the stud fattens out towards the end by the bolt head) on the extended studs to seat, rendering the spacers and hardware useless. Maybe yours will seat properly seeing how you have different than OE up front. Curios how thatll work out.

I recall that cahllenge - have both the set MS sent and a set of extra long Dorman's..... we'll see next week assuming my shop isn't flooded.

E

fairly dry here where I am, but sad to see alll the damage and rescues..... went out to help a friend after he stalled his car in 3 feet of water - will be changing the diff fludis next week.... or at least examining - not sure the diff extenders didn't get covered in the engine bay....

Amazed to see the folks who didn't even think to park their cars in an elevated garage...... driving around I must've seen a hundred flooded cars.....
iphone 8.27.17 001.JPG
iphone 8.27.17 001.JPG
iphone 8.27.17 002.JPG

happy to say the dorkel does work..... will get pics up in a bit - wifey has those.

Be safe houston peeps........ it's crazy out there.

fairly dry here where I am, but sad to see alll the damage and rescues..... went out to help a friend after he stalled his car in 3 feet of water - will be changing the diff fludis next week.... or at least examining - not sure the diff extenders didn't get covered in the engine bay....

Amazed to see the folks who didn't even think to park their cars in an elevated garage...... driving around I must've seen a hundred flooded cars.....View attachment 1525301 View attachment 1525301 View attachment 1525302

happy to say the dorkel does work..... will get pics up in a bit - wifey has those.

Pretty sure TLCA on Facebook had a screen capture of the news with you and your rig saying “rescues are underway” implying you were out rescuing people.

knocked out just a few things this weekend:

• Attic from Blue Ridge
  • Mole panel for the 2nd row seat back from Blue Ridge - really nicely done
  • Hoping to get the starter button upgraded to the TRD one - I know it's at least 15hp......thanks @beno - he's got the lead on these for anyone interested...... the ebay ones i found were frauds.
  • switched to the LEDS in the rear of the truck - leaving the fronts as is for now and still need to do the doors...
  • ground the rest of the offending fender liners in the front - all good now except for the scuff on the UCA at full turn.
  • wired up the rear and side lights but waiting on a waterproof connector to finalize.... hoping Monday.
  • washed and waxed her..... 2 coats of Zymol and she feels like silk.

View attachment 1428666

View attachment 1428667

View attachment 1428668
I've been considering the ARB Drawers. How do you like them and what made made you choose those over others? We all know you have the best taste in cruiser parts!

Amazed to see the folks who didn't even think to park their cars in an elevated garage...... driving around I must've seen a hundred flooded cars.....View attachment 1525301 View attachment 1525301 View attachment 1525302

Come on E, how can I believe you without pictures??!!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom