Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So picked her up laste last night.... they didn't end up needing to mill the front diff - it was just super close...

only drove it lightly for 15 miles or so but the gears clearly put it back in the sweet spot for power, not that it was lacking before.

still need to resolve how to mount the 3 ARB switches into the driver right side panel next to the wheel - they don't seem to all fit due to the rocker size....

Had 30mm OME spacers added to the rear and they adjsuted the Icon coilovers up roughly 3/4" so she has jsut a subtle rake - and then re-aligned....

I added the TRD starter button while i waited with some guidance.... I'm sure it adds at least 20HP....

will get pics up once she's cleaned up today

the next 500 miles are going to be painful not being able to really drive her !

Cheers

Start button.JPG

So picked her up laste last night.... they didn't end up needing to mill the front diff - it was just super close...

only drove it lightly for 15 miles or so but the gears clearly put it back in the sweet spot for power, not that it was lacking before.

still need to resolve how to mount the 3 ARB switches into the driver right side panel next to the wheel - they don't seem to all fit due to the rocker size....

Had 30mm OME spacers added to the rear and they adjsuted the Icon coilovers up roughly 3/4" so she has jsut a subtle rake - and then re-aligned....

I added the TRD starter button while i waited with some guidance.... I'm sure it adds at least 20HP....

will get pics up once she's cleaned up today

the next 500 miles are going to be painful not being able to really drive her !

Cheers

View attachment 1440044

You could use these for a more OEM look. Just make sure you order the right size. Not all Toyota switches are the same. I need to order a few for my lights here soon.

TUNDRA 2008-ON - Toyota Switches -Air On Board

Last edited:
trd start button looks cool. what did it cost and was the install as easy as plugging it in?

I gained at least 20hp, if not 30hp from my TRD start button and TRD shift knob. Both can be found on Ebay, and it's a very easy plug-n-play 10 minute install. Here is one of several vendors selling the start button - I "offered" $100 for mine and it was accepted:

TRD Toyota Engine Push Start Button ***JDM*** | eBay

Here is my Christine with her interior mods :)

trd shifter and start button.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy story. Was at a lowes near Katy TX today and pulled up next to a drop dead gorgeous 200. Took some pics of my 100 posing next to it. Jumped on here and accidentally found your build thread. Awesome to see (stalk) this truck in person. Wish I could have met you...thanks to you, my wife now wants a 200.

IMG_5537.JPG
IMG_5540.JPG
IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

Bronze 100 Series for the win ^^

Sorry to miss you
You still in Houston ?

Your wife is right ! My gf is already supporting my idea Iof another fast car so she can steal the lc'er.....

Happy to let you / her drive the rig if you're around

E

Gotta say...you do drive the best looking white 200 I've seen.

Crazy story. Was at a lowes near Katy TX today and pulled up next to a drop dead gorgeous 200. Took some pics of my 100 posing next to it. Jumped on here and accidentally found your build thread. Awesome to see (stalk) this truck in person. Wish I could have met you...thanks to you, my wife now wants a 200.

View attachment 1440503 View attachment 1440504 View attachment 1440505

I love that in these three pics you took, your wife is staring at RS6tofj80's truck in awe. :p

Love the build!! I'm picking up my 200 after installing Icons this PM....I may have missed it, but can you share link for your grill? I'm going all black....Thanks for sharing...I'm in Tyler if you ever pass thru, hit me up!! Mike

Those Vision-X's look like they would burn a serious hole through something at close range. They poke out of that bar a fair way too!

Sorry to miss you
You still in Houston ?

Your wife is right ! My gf is already supporting my idea Iof another fast car so she can steal the lc'er.....

Happy to let you / her drive the rig if you're around

E

Thanks so much for the offer! We are still here for another week. But I'm slammed solid all week with meetings and other business so I'm going to have to pass..I'm
Just so glad I got to see a built 200 in my lifetime lol

Bump for a tire/wheel update.

haha - been travelling too damn much but have decided I don't want to run spacers after snapping a stud in the front - might of been a fluke but....

trying to get my hands on some Volks with the right offset - will have to run a bit narower tread I think....doing a test fit of a 20x9 Et 55 next week ....

E

20x9 Et 50 fits pretty nicely.......5 mil shouldn't make that much difference.

IMG_1465.JPG

I like....... what tire's did you fit in there ?

35/11.50 r20.

I have a spare 295/65r20 that is as tall at my 37s I've been wanting to test fit.
I used the SPC upper arm adjustability to push the wheels forward. I think I could clear the bigger tire, I've got an inch clearance from the body mount now.

Played with mounting the spare tonight.
Used a nylon strap to measure the circumference before mounting.
295/65 and 35/11.50 measured 110.5 and 110.25 respectively. True 35" tires. Second pic 295/65 next to 37x12.50r17 then this happened. Lugnut galled....tightened with regular ratchet just for the pics, then wouldn't come off. Snapped the lug and put regular wheel back on grrrr...
20170614_174852.jpg
20170614_165910.jpg
20170614_180411.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom