Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I added some Kawell flood lights to the side of the Prinsu Rack - their 18 watt, priced right and fairly flush, and Cheap ! And then added 3 sets of Baja Design S2's to the rear of the rig - not cheap...... 2 sets of floods - one straigh back and a set at 30 degrees - and one set of their new S2 Racer spots..... they're crazy bright for their size !
Waiting for a few parts to tackle the wiring .....

truck finally goes in tomorrow to get the gears and lockers done..... had ot move that back due to travel - can't wait to see how it comes out.

E
iphone 3.4.17 015.JPG
iphone 3.4.17 016.JPG
iphone 3.4.17 017.JPG
iphone 3.4.17 018.JPG
iphone 3.4.17 019.JPG

Will be interested to hear what you think of the kawell lights. Was going back and forth between those and some rigid knock offs. I went for the knock off. We'll see how bright it is. Supposedly 500 lumens. For $20 worth experimenting.

I test lite these and they're nice floods - bright enough to see 20 feet out but not blinding.... I had a larger set of the older vwersion on my old 100 and they held up well.

as you noted - the price is right....

@Ali M - the bar I have is the Dobinson, a well built option that's nicely priced and very rugged.

E

I know.....My only clip is 53 MB so I need to find away to get it avail

Will be interested to hear what you think of the kawell lights. Was going back and forth between those and some rigid knock offs. I went for the knock off. We'll see how bright it is. Supposedly 500 lumens. For $20 worth experimenting.

It depends on how picky you are. Rigids are expensive but damn nice lights compared to most Guangzhou Specials. The fading paint would be an eyesore alone. I had Rigids on my 4Runner and they were fantastic. Also they're made in the USA, if that matters to you.

Last edited:
It depends on how picky you are. Rigids are expensive but damn nice lights compared to most Guangzhou Specials. The fading paint would be an eyesore alone. I had Rigids on my 4Runner and they were fantastic. Also they're made in the USA, if that matters to you.

All Rigid components, like all others are made in China, but assembled in the USA. Been several reviews on this.

J

All Rigid components, like all others are made in China, but assembled in the USA. Been several reviews on this.

J

China isn't the death of quality as used to be assumed in the 50’s.
It's such an amazing range... -Anywhere from the finest iPhones...to plastic dog poo.

China isn't the death of quality as used to be assumed in the 50’s.
It's such an amazing range... -Anywhere from the finest iPhones...to plastic dog poo.

Exactly, there are several Chinese made items that I like and prefer over other manufacturers. My comment wasn't about knocking China parts, just letting people know they are not made in the USA, just assembled here.

When I went there two years ago to research build shops for RTT and awnings there were very different quality standards. Just depends on what you want and willing to pay. Top quality to the worst crap you've ever seen.

J

Ya. Just commenting because I'm fascinated by the range of quality.
Beyond that, it is truly astounding just how MUCH China produces. Hard to believe sometimes.

@RS6tofj80 you are a jerk, you get awesome headers on your 200 and tease us and still no video!!

@RS6tofj80 its all good haha
You are doing some awesome things for the 200 community!

forgot I had this .... the walkthru of the system - I need to get better pics as the wleds are really nice !

taking her out the weekend after next finally...... damn shop delayed the gears and ARB's yet again this week ...
have done light wheeling and flexed it to check unloaded clearance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom