My 45 with a difference.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheelbase came out at 116 inches. Might be a bit long, but should be working ok with 37'' tyres.. I'm planning to build myself a serious play rig later this year so I'm not to worried about this 45's wheelbase.
Gifu, the problem here in South Africa is that FJ40's are real REAL scarce. Guys are importing 40's from Oz, just to own one. 45's are not to difficult to get so it was the easier option to chop. My dad has a 75 series pick up that was converted to an extra cab, and seeing how much he enjoys the extra bit of cab makes me confident that I'll also enjoy mine..

i was going to ask that question next .. are you going to coil the space cab 75 series...but i now see its your old mans.would be cool
Any links to pics of your fzj-79 aswell
:beer:

Clint, I'll just go and look for some pics of the 79, then I'll start a thread in the 70 Series section. Give me about 2 weeks.

great job ...thers a guy in pakistan that did almost the same thing...i'll post some pics and this link:
Jeep Other 1982 of TLCFJ40 | PakWheels

120044.jpg

120048.jpg

prado dash 2.jpg
prado dash bj.jpg

My build has been put aside a bit. I'm giving all of my attention to my other build, AC Cobra, to try and finish it before end of May..

Niiice!! My pops is working on the same over here. Got the cobra in aug still working On the 427 for it. Can't remember the tranny. Doesn't help the 65 Shelby always needs adjusting. Have fun we love those, and looking for a 45 here actually, sweet build.

J

Nice build....!!!

Keep the pics coming...!!

Had a bit of time on hand and cut the bin to fit to the chassis with the cab extended. Looks ok, just think the overhang at the rear might be a bit too long.

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Thanks 84sloth, but I can't see your pic..

Bad fawking ass man!!! That looks great!!!!

nice work Millas,
you won´t regret stretching the cab-body, I just needed 8cm for making the difference to sit comfortable for hours of driving

7263372inm.jpg

84 sloth, impressiv work too :hillbilly::wrench:
had the same problem with the front fenders when mounting the body to fit the radiator...but we left it squeezed to stay stock with all Toyota parts and gain length for the cabin in the back....
does your tubing withstand the vibrations so far ?

Last edited:
You guys are killing me! Nice work Millas! Keep it up!

This is my next 'Cruiser project...:popcorn:

Recently I worked a bit on this rig of mine. I walked a while with an idea of how to make a roof for the Xtra cab, and decided to join 2 45 series roofs. My plan worked real well..
I took the roof that was in the worst condition, marked what I needed and cut it out with a baby grinder. Marked the other roof I had marked it and added the parts I cut from the other roof.

Last edited:
DSC_0001%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DSC_0004%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DSC_0003%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DSC_0007%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Glad to see that this project hasn't been forgotten!

As usual, looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

:cheers:

Thanks Bud. All I need now is to build myself a 383, get some wiring kit, finish the cab, and weld/strip/sandblast/paint/ and finally assemble everything, then this truck is on the road..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom