Builds Hj47/80 series build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well time to start a build up of my project..

1984 hj47 ute diesel.

1991 hzj80 gxl turbo diesel.

plans are hj47 cab off, 80 cab off, 47 cab on and WALA. haha if only it was this easy. Project X(Gary) will come in handy with this build i think. i took 1 look at his truck and i havent turned back. so here it goes.
28042010058.jpg
28042010054.jpg
28042010052.jpg

Last edited:
hey mate that should be good when done and would be sick offroad

...and WALA...

And there I was trying to figure out what "WALA" stood for..
With A Long Axle?
When A Landcruiser Attacks?

Then I realized you MEANT to say "voilà", French for "to suggest an appearance as if by magic"

Actually, if you study history, "voila" is French for "WALA!", a term used by the colonists when they snuck up on the French. They just spell funny.

Actually, if you study history, "voila" is French for "WALA!", a term used by the colonists when they snuck up on the French. They just spell funny.

Nice...!

also picked up a cheap 8274. it must be old because the serial number doesnt register on warn. i got the whole winch and a brand new motor for $800 not bad i thought considering its a new motor and all. its goin to get a freshen up before it goes on.
dscf0060t.jpg

dscf0061z.jpg

painted the underside. will all be bolted down now. going to fit up gearsticks. make a tranny hump. and start putting tub on. going to use the a$$ end of this.
28042010059.jpg

Last edited:
Good on ya! looks like a lotta work but youre off to a good start. Keep 'em comming

Hi,
This is very close to my dream project either a 55 or a 40 on a diesel 80 chassis..Wait before I keep dreaming I've got to finish the one I'm working on. Gotta say, I love the fresh Creepy Crawlers, it is about time for me to get a new set here soon.:cheers:

haha the creepys. i cant wait to use em aye im sick of looking at them even though i got them last week. did they last you very long?. i was going to do all this about 2 years ago to my hzj75 but lost interest in the project and sold it off. im glad i didnt hack my 75 up coz its a good old work ute.
At the moment im trying to figure out what fuel tank to run. i started cutting up the troopy this arvo but ran out of cutting discs. shall be interesting copying the rear curve onto the front.

Their is the same thing being built here, 47 troopie on an hzj80 chassis and running gear, body is on, frount guards are about 200mm wider, looks good. Good luck with yours.

Good start, after reading the project x thread, i am very interested in doing something like this, keep us posted!

haha the creepys. i cant wait to use em aye im sick of looking at them even though i got them last week. did they last you very long?. i was going to do all this about 2 years ago to my hzj75 but lost interest in the project and sold it off. im glad i didnt hack my 75 up coz its a good old work ute.
At the moment im trying to figure out what fuel tank to run. i started cutting up the troopy this arvo but ran out of cutting discs. shall be interesting copying the rear curve onto the front.

So far so good the "Creepys" have lasted me well. Had them since November and they would be doing even better if I had a second set of rims so I could run a set of Toyo A/Ts during the week in the city and the "Creepys" on the weekend.:grinpimp: Seriously these last much better then the Mudzillas or the Buckshots. As far as I´m concerned they are now the off road tire that I´ll judge all others against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom