Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diff showed up at the shop! Axle housing should ship this week. Added a travel trailer to the herd (ordered one).

New Wave Teardrop Mini Campers

Going to look like this, but 2 feet shorter, sprung over on matching 35s, and the AC will be built into the back vs. side, and different graphics:

18402278_1457040694359398_3164132441169367695_o.jpg

Gx goes on the rack for the 9.5" diff and diamond axle conversion tomorrow!

Dan,

I saw your pics on FB of the 9.5" axle. Im wanting to do the same upgrade eventually.

Also, how are you liking those upgraded tie rods?

I get it all back at FJ Summit in a few days, stoked! The tie rods are stronger, WAY stronger. They do need maintenance as the clevis and heim get loose and have to get tightened, etc. Once a year I would say. They don't break though, so that is a major plus!

I get it all back at FJ Summit in a few days, stoked! The tie rods are stronger, WAY stronger. They do need maintenance as the clevis and heim get loose and have to get tightened, etc. Once a year I would say. They don't break though, so that is a major plus!

Dan, I am sure you can find a way.

I was in a hairy spot in Moab...dropped off a 4' ledge and had to cut hard right and climb a rock wall. Pegged the steering and went for it. They held fine, even under throttle. I was impressed! I don't break that much, I have just been wheeling a GX longer than almost anyone :p

Picking up the trailer tomorrow! Also got the dash recall done, and the new diamond axle is in, broken in, and tested in Ouray. Works great!

IMG_20170705_132945 (002).jpg
IMG_0622.JPG

Trailer is finally done. Fitted it with a CVT St Helens RTT, ARB awning with room, fuel carrier, generator, and a full galley of toys to cook and be at home in the wilds. Also extended the hitch so I can get in the back of the truck while towing/expo running. Going to get a few more things for the truck and I can officially say I am DONE with the GX!
21766536_10155033054793123_4898469459911243880_n (1).jpg

I think I have bought everything that will fit. lol. Seriously though, once I address aux fuel and the valve body/torque converter lock up I am very much trying to be done.

Amongst other things...bmc , pinch weld, fenders, fender liner, and more.

Nice build Dan! Looks like you are one of the few with +2" long travel. What size rim offset did you go with? Did you purchase the extended fender flares or DIY? Thanks!

Stock width...not LT

Updated build thread with current stuff.

I think your edit date is one digit behind...on your first post on this thread! You’ve been having too much fun.

Fixed! Yeah, I have been busy. I have to get the last few items wrapped up. The LRA tank was a surprise (I wasn't planning on doing one as there was not one, then BOOM). I have been toying with color and cosmetics now that it is approaching complete. This is very tempting:

25508661_10155731384570751_1728961532_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom