My 06 LC Manual swap build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is awesome, I normally hate 100's but now I want one to do this

So I have decided to put the 100 series up for sale and finish up the 80 series.

If anyone is seriously interested message me, thanks.

Ugh I would love this, but its way out of my budget! Im in Englewood too, super local!

May I ask who did the engine refresh/rebuild and where you sourced it?

Ive a 2uz-fe i sourced from a junk yard to put in my dead 100, but it has some rust in the cylinders, seems like all of these used 2uz-fe's are trash.

Yeah it is getting tougher to find good condition 2uzs, I would try and find a running one if you can or one that hasn't been sitting.
I didn't take it to a machine shop I just found a really good condition replacement and cleaned it all up with new gaskets and parts.
I prefer to find a good condition original versus having machine work done, I just don't feel it's as reliable as the OEM toyota parts and usually more expensive.

I have had cylinder head work done at Gunn auto in the past though, they also do engine work but I haven't had any done there.

Yeah it is getting tougher to find good condition 2uzs, I would try and find a running one if you can or one that hasn't been sitting.
I didn't take it to a machine shop I just found a really good condition replacement and cleaned it all up with new gaskets and parts.
I prefer to find a good condition original versus having machine work done, I just don't feel it's as reliable as the OEM toyota parts and usually more expensive.

I have had cylinder head work done at Gunn auto in the past though, they also do engine work but I haven't had any done there.
Fantastic info! I was just on the phone with Paul about something else and he mentioned your rig, we were both oogling it, amazing build, someone is getting a fantastic rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom