My 2005 LC100 Stereo Build Out Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that I've got all of my equipment in, I figured I'd start my own thread. I recently purchased my stepfather's prized 2005 LC100. It was in fantastic shape for an 18 year old vehicle except for the sound system. As imagined all of the speakers are dry-rotted and sound terrible. The bluetooth system does not work well (Hard to hear). The GPS is obviously way out of date. So I pulled the trigger on buying new gear and will be doing build out this week. So my gear list is:

Infinity Reference Components - Front Doors - ALREADY INSTALLED
Infinity Reference - Rear Doors - ALREADY INSTALLED
Infinity Sublink Mini - Will hopefully go under the passenger seat
JBL DSP4086 - Will hopefully go under the passenger seat
Teyes CC3 128g Headunit
Teyes 360 camera system

So far I've already replaced the speakers while using the OEM amplifier. As expected, the volume level dropped because of the impedance difference but otherwise everything went in fairly smoothly. I had to take the Dremel to the factory tweeter covers to create some more room. There is some plastic framing inside of them I cut out. The speakers fit well using the factory speaker brackets. I had to Dremel off 2 tabs on each speaker ring to get them to fit.

Tomorrow I am planning to start the Teyes head unit install and put in the amplifier and sub. Wish me luck!

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1627.jpeg

Managed to get a little work done tonight. Ran wiring to the engine bay. I ran a 4ga power wire. Probably overkill but I'd rather not run it again. I came through a wiring boot on the passenger side. I gutted out the amplifier, Nav ECU and the backup camera ECU (Will be replaced as part of the Teyes upgrade). Tomorrow hopefully will be the big push.

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

Finished building my wiring harness for the amp. This will allow me to use the factory wiring for the new amplifier. At some point I may pull new speaker wire.

IMG_1638.jpeg

Wait, does using the factory wiring allow you to set the amp in active mode? i.e. One channel for each speaker?

i have that Jbl and love it. One downside is the non bridgable 7&8 channels. I went with a 10” RF dual VC 2 ohm, wired straight. Downfiring box. Squeezes a lot of sound from less than 100w.

Check this dumb idea out. So I could still use the stock ( upgraded) sub, wired through dash to switch.

E53C559B-D705-4600-9CDE-13668969CA13.jpeg

Will that head unit control the hvac?

Wait, does using the factory wiring allow you to set the amp in active mode? i.e. One channel for each speaker?

i have that Jbl and love it. One downside is the non bridgable 7&8 channels. I went with a 10” RF dual VC 2 ohm, wired straight. Downfiring box. Squeezes a lot of sound from less than 100w.

Check this dumb idea out. So I could still use the stock ( upgraded) sub, wired through dash to switch.

View attachment 3452139
Doesn’t look like the factory wiring allows for that. I may put new speaker wires over to do that. I’m going to use one of the channels of the DSP as signal only to drive the new sub I’m putting in. It’s a self powered sub.

following.

related: saw a youtube vid last night of a plug/play testla screen install. No sound track on the vid. search for ZhiFang uzj100 tesla on youtube

gives a very good no-sound vid on removing the newer nav screen/system.

It was a long morning but I got the Teyes up and running. Be warned: if you like diagrams and manuals for an install, this project is not for you. The documentation is pretty rough but the good news is it mostly all works. AC controls worked almost automatically after following the directions on Teyes site. FM radio is not working but I may have used the wrong antenna lead. The big set back today was I couldn't get the sub under the passenger seat. There just wasn't enough room. So next project will be to gut the stock sub enclosure and mount it there. I gutted out the CD changer. I'm going to order the 3d printed pocket to go in that slot and install sub control and the DSP USB connection in there.

More details coming shortly.

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1642.jpeg

IMG_1643.jpeg

This is interesting...will watch this one closely. As a 2001 owner, I do not have the HVAC control issues but, I have been thinking about adding another 100 Series into the rotation.

- Mark

Looking good!

I wouldn’t mind keeping the disc changer on mine. I like the option for a CD once In a while

Wondering if that and the tape deck, steering wheel controls and factory amp can be tied into this unit? What are your thoughts?

Here’s what happened today:
- Amp is installed. Ran 4ga power to the battery (overkill but room for future expansion.
- Sub was a no go under the seat. Just couldn’t get enough clearance. Going to have to fabricate something in the stock sub location.
- 3 of the 4 speakers are working. Drivers door is dead. I seem to recall reading something about numbering a harness to bypass the navigation interior.
- The head unit is a tough install. The instructions are lacking but there was enough to figure it out. Definitely a lot of cable to fit behind the dash. The instructions seem to imply there is part of the OEM screen you need to leave installed. As best I can tell, you just need the black box.
- AC controls work! The stock AC app sucks but there is another one online I’m going to track down.
- The Teyes head unit is pretty cool. The OS could use a bit more refinement but overall it runs great.
- Backup camera is not working. I didn’t invest much time in this as it’s get replaced.

Remaining to do:
- Install 360 cameras
- Figure out drivers door issues
- Gonna probably run new speaker wires when I do the 360 cameras
- Going to need to engineer a subwoofer mount in the stock location and run power/signal to it.

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1650.jpeg

Looking good!

I wouldn’t mind keeping the disc changer on mine. I like the option for a CD once In a while

Wondering if that and the tape deck, steering wheel controls and factory amp can be tied into this unit? What are your thoughts?
Not 100% sure on the CD changer. The system gives me an option to select the CD player but I had already removed it by the time I saw that. I've got to open up the dash and console again this week. I'll plug it up and check. The tape deck I am pretty certain is a no go.

Steering wheel controls work great. I just need to remap the forward/backward buttons. They are flipped. Factory amp can be tied in however the common knowledge on that is there are going to be issues with noise. Swapping the amp was an easier solution than chasing interference.

Congrats! That is a lot of work behind you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom