My 2005 LC100 Stereo Build Out Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not 100% sure on the CD changer. The system gives me an option to select the CD player but I had already removed it by the time I saw that. I've got to open up the dash and console again this week. I'll plug it up and check. The tape deck I am pretty certain is a no go.

Steering wheel controls work great. I just need to remap the forward/backward buttons. They are flipped. Factory amp can be tied in however the common knowledge on that is there are going to be issues with noise. Swapping the amp was an easier solution than chasing interference.

So amp bypass cable or running new wire to doors?

Are you using optical out to the dsp/amp?

So amp bypass cable or running new wire to doors?

Are you using optical out to the dsp/amp?
I replaced the amp and used a Metra harness to hookup to the factory speaker wiring. I’m using standard RCA connections. The DSP doesn’t have an optical in.

Thanks to a little forum searching I found the issue with the front left speaker. Looks like it was setup to be interrupted by the nav system. I cut and spliced the wires together and I’m in business.

IMG_1656.jpeg

It was a long morning but I got the Teyes up and running. Be warned: if you like diagrams and manuals for an install, this project is not for you. The documentation is pretty rough but the good news is it mostly all works. AC controls worked almost automatically after following the directions on Teyes site. FM radio is not working but I may have used the wrong antenna lead. The big set back today was I couldn't get the sub under the passenger seat. There just wasn't enough room. So next project will be to gut the stock sub enclosure and mount it there. I gutted out the CD changer. I'm going to order the 3d printed pocket to go in that slot and install sub control and the DSP USB connection in there.

More details coming shortly.

View attachment 3452589

View attachment 3452593

View attachment 3452594
It was a long morning but I got the Teyes up and running. Be warned: if you like diagrams and manuals for an install, this project is not for you. The documentation is pretty rough but the good news is it mostly all works. AC controls worked almost automatically after following the directions on Teyes site. FM radio is not working but I may have used the wrong antenna lead. The big set back today was I couldn't get the sub under the passenger seat. There just wasn't enough room. So next project will be to gut the stock sub enclosure and mount it there. I gutted out the CD changer. I'm going to order the 3d printed pocket to go in that slot and install sub control and the DSP USB connection in there.

More details coming shortly.

View attachment 3452589

View attachment 3452593

View attachment 3452594
sir, you are a braver man than I.

interested in the 3d printed cd changer delete pocket. source? cost? group buy?

Looking at doing the same thing due to 60 pin issue with my 04. Should I go ahead and run new speaker wires?
Honestly I would say yes. If you are going to have doors and panels open, bite the bullet and do it. I will probably go back and do mine so I can assign separate amp channels to my tweeters and the woofers.

sir, you are a braver man than I.

interested in the 3d printed cd changer delete pocket. source? cost? group buy?
Ha! There were moments of real frustration yesterday. The directions from Teyes talked about need to disassemble part of the OEM screen but didn’t elaborate. I was pulling my hair out because there was one cable that still didn’t match anything. As it turns out, I didn’t need that cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom