'Mud pet memorial thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for your loss,one of the hardest things that we ever have to do. Had to the same last year and I still not over it.

Yeah this will linger for a long time. I took her for my final ride around property Thursday since i had to work Friday. Just before my wife met me at the vet they took Lexi on her final ride as she really enjoyed just looking straight ahead while riding shotgun in the ranger. Go to the farm next week where we rode numerous miles each morning over the years so that's going to be tough. Oddly I left the Vet afterwards feeling a sense of relief that Lexi wasn't suffering anymore and was at peace. We were definitely blessed with a good one!

Had to say goodbye to my furry little Frau this morning :(

Was at least allowed the opportunity to hold her and comfort her to her last breath. She had not been around long but left her mark on both the pooch and I here as she transitioned from shy barn cat to queen of the house.
89E30ABB-BAEB-47D6-8D95-D25D1E0D41C1.jpeg

Had to say goodbye to my furry little Frau this morning :(

Was at least allowed the opportunity to hold her and comfort her to her last breath. She had not been around long but left her mark on both the pooch and I here as she transitioned from shy barn cat to queen of the house.
View attachment 2387249

So sorry to hear this. I know the feeling all too well.

The loss of a beloved pet is a difficult thing to endure. I try to remember all the good times and push the sadness back.

It is a wound that only time can heal.

Today absolutely broke me. My cat Tory who I've had for 11 years (got her at 3 years old), had been with me through the worst and even stopped me from going through with it when I was suicidal three years ago, had to say goodbye. She developed an aggressive cancer behind her eye just before Halloween that started manifesting as a stuffy nose, but quickly enlarged her skull and put pressure against her eye, blinding the one and as of last night completely took her sense of balance. I held her as they gave her the injection and I felt her life slip away. She saved my life and I couldn't save hers.

Tory 01.jpg

Tory 02.jpg

Tory 03.jpg

Tory 04.jpg

Today absolutely broke me. My cat Tory who I've had for 11 years (got her at 3 years old), had been with me through the worst and even stopped me from going through with it when I was suicidal three years ago, had to say goodbye. She developed an aggressive cancer behind her eye just before Halloween that started manifesting as a stuffy nose, but quickly enlarged her skull and put pressure against her eye, blinding the one and as of last night completely took her sense of balance. I held her as they gave her the injection and I felt her life slip away. She saved my life and I couldn't save hers.

It was not your place to 'save' her life.....it was your place to GIVE her as much happy life as is possible within their short lifespan and you did that.

You also did your duty to provide that final act of kindness (hard as it is) to help her pass peacefully and painlessly.....when quality of life no longer exists. They can't do it themselves....and to selfishly allow them to suffer when the 'time' has passed for them go....would be the worst thing you could ever do to your beloved companion, so you did the right thing.

I have no words that will comfort you or attenuate your grief. It is something we all work through by ourselves... and a deeply personal thing. Each time we take in a furry friend, we set ourselves up for a heartache. Invariably we outlive them, their little lives are fleeting so much faster than ours.

So....while we have them, love them, provide for them, enjoy all the wonderful things they bring into our lives. Remember her always. And when the time is right.....find another one. Not a 'replacement'....as there is no such thing, but just another deserving soul to share your life and time with.

Last edited:

View attachment 2513958

View attachment 2513959

View attachment 2513960

View attachment 2513962
Flintnapper said it better then I ever could, I went through this last year with my beloved Pepper and it feels like the pain well never go a way, with time it well pass and when the time is right a new special one well come into your life to warm your hart.

Flintnapper said it better then I ever could, I went through this last year with my beloved Pepper and it feels like the pain well never go a way, with time it well pass and when the time is right a new special one well come into your life to warm your hart.
Exactly, if there is a bright side to losing a beloved furbaby, it's that a a there's an opening in a great home for another lucky animal

View attachment 2513958

View attachment 2513959

View attachment 2513960

View attachment 2513962
My eyes are wet from reading this. I can relate, and so I know how painful a loss you have suffered. But know this: you did save her. You gave her 11 years of love and care. All cats and dogs should be so fortunate. I pray that you find peace in that.

The day finally came. I had to put my adventure companion down today after his rear legs gave out on him and to end the pain of his cancer. It is so difficult to watch a loved one succumb to illness and deteriorate every day.

He had been with me since I got him as a pup in 2006. He was my crutch through my divorce, my son’s schizophrenia, my PTSD, and many other hurdles life threw my way. His devotion, love, and understanding truly did pull me through some dark times.

He was always ready to go for an adventure and was such a great travel companion. I have never had a dog with such a great character and charisma. The void of his presence is filled with joyful memories that I hope are never forgotten.

I love and miss you very much Wicket.
63EAF8A4-E4AE-44B4-97AA-F41814B87D7A.jpeg

EBBC8318-264B-4DB8-9284-736BFCC3CB13.jpeg
8DAAB4D3-6B94-4191-91C5-6932ACB49B9F.jpeg
ECB369E4-64BD-49C4-A2EC-67D1C6283DD1.jpeg
44E91D04-111A-4182-960F-196373BE0DB8.jpeg

The day finally came. I had to put my adventure companion down today after his rear legs gave out on him and to end the pain of his cancer. It is so difficult to watch a loved one succumb to illness and deteriorate every day.

He had been with me since I got him as a pup in 2006. He was my crutch through my divorce, my son’s schizophrenia, my PTSD, and many other hurdles life threw my way. His devotion, love, and understanding truly did pull me through some dark times.

He was always ready to go for an adventure and was such a great travel companion. I have never had a dog with such a great character and charisma. The void of his presence is filled with joyful memories that I hope are never forgotten.

View attachment 2544483
View attachment 2544484View attachment 2544485View attachment 2544486View attachment 2544487

What a wonderful looking companion! Your love, affection and appreciation of Wicket shines brilliantly in the words you've written here.

A fitting dedication to a deserving friend.

I've been where you are right now (loss of a beloved pet, friend) many times. I would not pretend to know your personal grief, but understand how painful it can be.

Thank You for sharing your thoughts with us and please know that many of us are deeply moved each time a person posts about their loss here.

I am encouraged that you will manage your way through this....because of the way you have tempered the pain with the "Joyful Memories" Wicket gave you. I am certain He was as grateful to have YOU for a companion as you were to have Him. You may take solace in that.

I am sure you gave him your all. Good job Sir. Soldier on.

Flint.

View attachment 2544483
View attachment 2544484View attachment 2544485View attachment 2544486View attachment 2544487
I am so sorry for you. It's a brutal loss.

What fine adventures you enjoyed together. Look at the life you gave to him! I always enjoyed seeing him in your pics. He will always be with you in your memories, and I believe that one fine day you'll be together again.

Chap79, You can tell he was your best friend, His memory well live on & time will heal the hurt. There can never be a replacement but in time you will find a new best friend. It took a year and a half but I did and Sassy is my new best Friend Cruiser Buddy in training.View attachment 2545096

REST IN PEACE Wicket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Third pet in the space of one year. Tonight we had to say goodbye to Titan.
He was badly abused and had been taken in temporarily in by someone who wanted to help him find a better home, but couldn't be home enough himself to take care of the old boy. While we had him, he'd faced a plethora of medical issues. Cracked, infected teeth from the abuse, a bad abscess where he had lost his leg after being shot as a puppy, chronic infections that led to the complete removal of his right ear canal, followed by cancer and the resultant chemotherapy. Every single problem he had he rallied after getting treatment and responded very well to the chemo, actually beating the cancer. For the last year he became seizure prone and would randomly black out and lose bladder control. He still hung on, but the last two weeks he developed a large mass in his bladder that resulted in peeing excessive amounts of blood and actual incontinence. Tonight was the time to say goodbye, and at about 2210 he departed for the rainbow bridge. He was a damn good dog, and was given a good final two years of life and he fought like the toughest sonuvabitch out there through all his issues. They eventually caught up to him though.
Godspeed Titan. Til Valhalla

151259337_3161641444072124_4400058951496635776_o.jpg

151181460_3161641500738785_5909236184233906641_o.jpg

151521046_3161641540738781_2306629178914963616_o.jpg

He was badly abused and had been taken in temporarily in by someone who wanted to help him find a better home, but couldn't be home enough himself to take care of the old boy. While we had him, he'd faced a plethora of medical issues. Cracked, infected teeth from the abuse, a bad abscess where he had lost his leg after being shot as a puppy, chronic infections that led to the complete removal of his right ear canal, followed by cancer and the resultant chemotherapy. Every single problem he had he rallied after getting treatment and responded very well to the chemo, actually beating the cancer. For the last year he became seizure prone and would randomly black out and lose bladder control. He still hung on, but the last two weeks he developed a large mass in his bladder that resulted in peeing excessive amounts of blood and actual incontinence. Tonight was the time to say goodbye, and at about 2210 he departed for the rainbow bridge. He was a damn good dog, and was given a good final two years of life and he fought like the toughest sonuvabitch out there through all his issues. They eventually caught up to him though.

View attachment 2587829

View attachment 2587830

View attachment 2587831

So sorry to hear this. Thank You for providing him as good a life as was possible in his latter years and for taking him in for all the medical treatments....which can have a staggering cost. You made what was a tough life for him....more bearable.

That third picture is precious but breaks my heart at the same time.

You did a great by Him Thank you. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS

RIP TITAN

Last week's lack of heat and power, during the Texas "winterpocalypse", was just too much for my 22 year old son's ~20 year old (indoor only) cat. An adopted stray, but I'm not real sure who was the adopter, and who was the adoptee. He tolerated me, but worshiped my son, following him around the house, usually having long vocal conversations. Sometimes his "stoopid hoomans" were a little hard to train, but usually he did succeed.

Today we had to make an early morning run to the 24/7 ER, and make the very hard call to have him "put to sleep".

IMG_1135.JPG

If there is a heaven, surely it is full of genuine, honest, and loving pets, that seem to be better "people" than most humans.

Goodbye Rusty!

Last week's lack of heat and power, during the Texas "winterpocalypse", was just too much for my 22 year old son's ~20 year old (indoor only) cat. An adopted stray, but I'm not real sure who was the adopter, and who was the adoptee. He tolerated me, but worshiped my son, following him around the house, usually having long vocal conversations. Sometimes his "stoopid hoomans" were a little hard to train, but usually he did succeed.

Today we had to make an early morning run to the 24/7 ER, and make the very hard call to have him "put to sleep".

View attachment 2593309
If there is a heaven, surely it is full of genuine, honest, and loving pets, that seem to be better "people" than most humans.

Goodbye Rusty!

Very sorry to hear of this. Wow.....20 years is a LONG time to share each others company. Heck a lot of marriages don't last that long. Your words give me a pleasing mental picture of Rusty following your Son around, just wanting to be close. I might add Rusty is a Beautiful Cat, many are just so-so, but he is gorgeous. RIP Rusty.

Reactions: jLB

View attachment 2587829

View attachment 2587830

View attachment 2587831
Bless you for your kindness to him. He couldn't have asked for better. Very sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom