'Mud pet memorial thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
If you've lost a close animal friend, this is the place to share. I'll start...

Our old German/Golden/Lab mix, Kaala. Lived 17 years, put down in '99.
Kaala---Christmas.jpg

Our 25 lb, diabetic cat, Snoopy. Also lived 17 years. Put down in 2000.
Snoopy.jpg

No matter what color clothes you wore in the house, ain't no way you were safe from pet hair :flipoff2:

Dude, this thread bums me out already!

Dude, this thread bums me out already!

Yeah I expected it would be a sad one, but a good way for folks to see their (and others') pets in their healthier days and remember the good times.

My boxer who just died last month. He was 13. He had a good life, died in his sleep. His not so creative name-Muhammed Ali:D
4156.jpg

Its a good idea....I never met 'em but I can tell that I would have liked 'em...Thanks for sharing pics of your faithful friends...may they all Rest In Peace knowing they are remembered!

That's going to be one hell of a fire!!! or was one hell of a fire..

This is Bear, the first German Shepherd I had the pleasure to spend time with. He was a shelter rescue who was three weeks past his euthanization date -- the guy at the shelter said every time his number came up he would take him into the room and decide this was just too good a dog to put down, and he'd get a reprieve. He came our of the shelter at about 90 lbs and could easily have carried 20 more.

Bear was a watchdog's watchdog. This guy was constantly on patrol, always cruising the house and the yard. He wasn't noisy about doing his job, just very businesslike. He wouldn't bark at someone on the sidewalk, but when they were twenty feet away he would tense up, and at ten feet they would get a bark. If I told him things were okay, he relaxed and that was the end of it. If I didn't say anything, he would stand up and give a low growl at five feet. We never tested him beyond that.

We'd had him about three weeks when we woke up to him sneezing blood. We ran him to the vet's office right away and found a foreign object was causing the nosebleed, and we decided that while he was there, he might as well get fixed. The vet's office wanted to do blood work on him to make sure he could withstand the anesthesia, so we said okay.

The results came back and we found Bear was in advanced kidney failure. The vet said he was already suffering and it was only a very short time before his quality of life went way downhill, and things were about to get really miserable for him and expensive for us. We all agreed that is was best to let him go.

We miss you Bear. Three weeks weren't enough.

Bear2.jpg

Good looking GSDs, Ed. I love the build of "working" shepherds. They look so much more like the German standards instead of AKC.

I'm sorry, Wristy. Take it easy, man.

attachment.php

Photo of Buttons (aka Butthead aka Kitty Taliban) inspecting the springover on my M100 trailer. A couple of hours after this photo was taken (the last one of him) he got run over by a low slung speeding rice burner.

attachment.php

Photo of Buttons (aka Butthead aka Kitty Taliban) inspecting the springover on my M100 trailer. A couple of hours after this photo was taken (the last one of him) he got run over by a low slung speeding rice burner.

DAMN

Serious suckage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom