'Mud pet memorial thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This hasn't even rolled over to the next page since our last loss (Kessy, in Feb of 2018).

Our, very young, 7mo puppy Sadie May passed over the weekend from a congenital lung problem.

Just utterly shocking and devastating.

IMG_0034.jpg

20180819_120522.jpg

Just yesterday had to drive my mother and sister to the vet to have my sister's cat, Marlin, put down. He was only 10 years old but had severe IBS and was starting to show signs of liver failure. My brother in law was out of town so it was up to me to take care of everything. My sister kept him wrapped in a blanket and held on to him as they gave him the injection. We were all petting him and he kept purring as he succumbed and I watched his eyes glass over. Very sad day.

10451747_1563553003880984_8589378985618114705_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just yesterday had to drive my mother and sister to the vet to have my sister's cat, Marlin, put down. He was only 10 years old but had severe IBS and was starting to show signs of liver failure. My brother in law was out of town so it was up to me to take care of everything. My sister kept him wrapped in a blanket and held on to him as they gave him the injection. We were all petting him and he kept purring as he succumbed and I watched his eyes glass over. Very sad day.

View attachment 1846598

Very sorry. That's tough to go through for us humans. So good that you all were there for him and that he went out purring.

It's hard to do what's best sometimes, good on ya!

Yes, one the hardest things any of us will ever have to do. But our beloved pets count on us (when it is time) to do that final act of kindness. Nothing could be worse for them than to prolong their lives when they are suffering. They can not end it for themselves, else they would. Just as they depend on us for their food, water, shelter and love, so too...they look to us to help them go peacefully.

My deepest sympathies to each person here who has lost a loved companion. I know the sorrow and empty feeling all too well. But try your best to look back at the good times and joy our pets have brought us. Remember them fondly. And then when you can, go out and get another. Not a 'replacement'....there is no replacing a former pet, but a NEW 'buddy' to love and care for. I honestly believe we get so MUCH more from them...than we give back.

Last edited:
Yes, one the hardest things any of us will ever have to do. But our beloved pets count on us (when it is time) to do that final act of kindness. Nothing could worse for them than to prolong their lives when they are suffering. They can not end it for themselves, else they would. Just as they depend on us for their food, water, shelter and love, so too...they look to us to help them go peacefully.

My deepest sympathies to each person here who has lost a loved companion. I know the sorrow and empty feeling all too well. But try your best to look back at the good times and joy our pets have brought us. Remember them fondly. And then when you can, go out and get another. Not a 'replacement'....there is no replacing a former pet, but a NEW 'buddy' to love and care for. I honestly believe we get so MUCH more from them...then we give back.

I couldn't agree more on the replacement point. Replacing a lost pet can seem heartless but it is the best thing you can do, your lost buddy would want you to be happy. If there can be a bright side to losing a pet it's that there's an opening in a good home for some lucky pet.

I was never much of a dog person, but when my 10 year old son & 8 year old daughter came to me 16 years ago with a contract on how they would take care of a Dog if they could have one. It was so well spelled out I could not say no. Well we all know how this works out they named the Dog Pepper (Queensland Heeler ) you guessed it Pepper and I became inseparable. The Kids loved here, but She went to work with me every day, she was my surfing companion, where I went she went. She was unbelievable smart, She taught herself how to oper the door to let her self out to go to the bathroom, I could through a piece of steak on the ground and she would not touch it in less I said OK. She was my best friend ever, I had to put here down two week ago and it's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I just could not see her suffer any more. My Wife & I had planed to go to Montana with Baldilocks last Sept. but ended up canceling to stay home and take care of Pepper as she was to old to travel and my daughter work full time. Rest in Peace Pepper I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!
E55E36B2-2759-4358-8DFB-6F788A1DC303.jpeg
1DB4286A-AD33-472C-88B7-0A2F48B18946.jpeg

I was never much of a dog person, but when my 10 year old son & 8 year old daughter came to me 16 years ago with a contract on how they would take care of a Dog if they could have one. It was so well spelled out I could not say no. Well we all know how this works out they named the Dog Pepper (Queensland Heeler ) you guessed it Pepper and I became inseparable. The Kids loved here, but She went to work with me every day, she was my surfing companion, where I went she went. She was unbelievable smart, She taught herself how to oper the door to let her self out to go to the bathroom, I could through a piece of steak on the ground and she would not touch it in less I said OK. She was my best friend ever, I had to put here down two week ago and it's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I just could not see her suffer any more. My Wife & I had planed to go to Montana with Baldilocks last Sept. but ended up canceling to stay home and take care of Pepper as she was to old to travel and my daughter work full time. Rest in Peace Pepper I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!View attachment 2103768View attachment 2103769
Pepper Last Day. My Son & Daughter both took the day off work, My son came down form Bay Area to be with Here on Here last Day. She was happy to have the Heard Back totogether.

I was never much of a dog person, but when my 10 year old son & 8 year old daughter came to me 16 years ago with a contract on how they would take care of a Dog if they could have one. It was so well spelled out I could not say no. Well we all know how this works out they named the Dog Pepper (Queensland Heeler ) you guessed it Pepper and I became inseparable. The Kids loved here, but She went to work with me every day, she was my surfing companion, where I went she went. She was unbelievable smart, She taught herself how to oper the door to let her self out to go to the bathroom, I could through a piece of steak on the ground and she would not touch it in less I said OK. She was my best friend ever, I had to put here down two week ago and it's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I just could not see her suffer any more. My Wife & I had planed to go to Montana with Baldilocks last Sept. but ended up canceling to stay home and take care of Pepper as she was to old to travel and my daughter work full time. Rest in Peace Pepper I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!View attachment 2103768View attachment 2103769
I am very sorry for your loss. What a great dog.

Dogs make us better humans. Sorry RIP Pepper

Sunday night I had to say goodbye to my little hedgehog buddy Freyja. I checked on her and she was sprawled on her back struggling to breathe and foaming at the mouth. My brother in law and me rushed her to the emergency vet and after examining her they found her lungs had filled with fluid and were failing rapidly. I had to make the always hard decision to let her go. I said one final goodbye and they put her to sleep. I took her home and my mother (family's living in my house with me) made her a burial blanket out of some fleece she was going to use for a new cage liner, and my sister found a box to bury her in. I kept her on my nightstand during the night with a rock painted by a friend of the family. I'll bury her in the back yard right next to my last hedgehog Titus. I've always handled losing a pet as best as could be expected, but this is hitting especially hard and I haven't been doing well since.

IMG_20200504_011647.jpg

IMG_20200504_031002.jpg

IMG_20200504_031216.jpg

RIP Freyja

Sunday night I had to say goodbye to my little hedgehog buddy Freyja. I checked on her and she was sprawled on her back struggling to breathe and foaming at the mouth. My brother in law and me rushed her to the emergency vet and after examining her they found her lungs had filled with fluid and were failing rapidly. I had to make the always hard decision to let her go. I said one final goodbye and they put her to sleep. I took her home and my mother (family's living in my house with me) made her a burial blanket out of some fleece she was going to use for a new cage liner, and my sister found a box to bury her in. I kept her on my nightstand during the night with a rock painted by a friend of the family. I'll bury her in the back yard right next to my last hedgehog Titus. I've always handled losing a pet as best as could be expected, but this is hitting especially hard and I haven't been doing well since.

View attachment 2295999

View attachment 2296000

View attachment 2296001

RIP Freyja
Sorry for your loss !

R.I.P. Thing 2, or was it Thing 1. I could never get them straight. They are my wife's after all. She has been through a lot of pigs but this one seems way more difficult due to everything that has gone on the last three months. She's had lots of extra time with them. The other pigs will adjust.

DSC_6860.jpg

Well had to do the unpleasant task of putting my “ole girl” to sleep yesterday after 13 wonderful years. No longer suffering and despite a ton of happy times it sure was hard. She was my right hand when traveling with me through life’s ups and downs always with a lick in face and wag of the tail.
Never right to walk out of the vet with empty leash and Collar.
ADBBAA0F-8FF0-465C-B12A-2AF2E3AA1245.jpeg
761D9751-7027-48C0-905D-9284AE6A57F2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom