'Mud pet memorial thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Said goodbye to Cowboy on Monday. He was 12 1/2 years old, which is OLD for a boxer. His heart had gotten bad and he "told" us he was ready. He showed my family and me lots of love. We have a 2 year old boxer, Hawthorne, who is so confused. He keeps looking for Cowboy. Our house feels empty without him. RIP old man.

Condolences for you and your family. Hawthorne may need to get out and socialize with some other dogs -- maybe that will help him.

Not a MUD pet, but a heartfelt goodbye to a faithful companion.

Heartbreaking moment Air Force Sergeant hugs military dog draped in US flag

THP_MDG_100317Kyle_147JPG1.jpg

Had to put an end to an era this afternoon... Sgt Gunner (the senior (11 hrs old) member of daBoise) was diagnosed with hermangiosarcoma on March 1st... His liver was covered in tumors and his spleen was leaking into his abdomen.

It was very aggressive and he faded significantly during our last 44 ride together, this morning... Chester and I shared a couple of orange dreamsicles with him, before I took him to the vet... To end his pain.

Three days ago

image.jpeg

Dreamsicle

Today, at the vet's office

image.jpeg

Chester and I will be riding alone, but Gunner will always be with us.

Losing a friend sucks. Never having them is worse. The only was to have a great friend is deal with the occasional heartache. Well worth it imo

Dam hard doing what is best for them...and so dam hard for us! I'm sorry he had to go...

IMG_1907.jpg
Ack. I'm not (wasn't) a "dog person" until my kids talked me into adopting Kaia. Now, after almost 12 years (she's close to 15 yo), we'll be putting her down tomorrow. Doubt I'll want to post up then, so here's a tribute to the best canine ambassador ever. Tough decision, but we (and she) know it's time.

Last edited:
Had to put an end to an era this afternoon... Sgt Gunner (the senior (11 hrs old) member of daBoise) was diagnosed with hermangiosarcoma on March 1st... His liver was covered in tumors and his spleen was leaking into his abdomen.

It was very aggressive and he faded significantly during our last 44 ride together, this morning... Chester and I shared a couple of orange dreamsicles with him, before I took him to the vet... To end his pain.

Three days ago

View attachment 1419683

Dreamsicle

Today, at the vet's office

View attachment 1419682

Chester and I will be riding alone, but Gunner will always be with us.

Ack. I'm not (wasn't) a "dog person" until my kids talked me into adopting Kaia. Now, after almost 12 years (she's close to 15 yo), we'll be putting her down tomorrow. Doubt I'll want to post up then, so here's a tribute to the best canine ambassador ever. Tough decision, but we (and she) know it's time.
Sorry to you both, terrible thing to go through.

View attachment 1436414 Ack. I'm not (wasn't) a "dog person" until my kids talked me into adopting Kaia. Now, after almost 12 years (she's close to 15 yo), we'll be putting her down tomorrow. Doubt I'll want to post up then, so here's a tribute to the best canine ambassador ever. Tough decision, but we (and she) know it's time.

Tough to hear Rob. 12 years of greatness is worth the heartache IMO. We all like to believe that our pets are the greatest and they are because they're ours:). Truth is, there's way more great pets than great homes.

...there's way more great pets than great homes.
ain't that the truth? My kids made a bucket list, and checked them all off. Fortunate to have a little warning. This dog has been smothered in love this week (as well as bacon, whipped cream, lunch meat, eggs, and all her other favorite treats.)

View attachment 1436414 Ack. I'm not (wasn't) a "dog person" until my kids talked me into adopting Kaia. Now, after almost 12 years (she's close to 15 yo), we'll be putting her down tomorrow. Doubt I'll want to post up then, so here's a tribute to the best canine ambassador ever. Tough decision, but we (and she) know it's time.

Very sorry for your loss

Dogs make us better humans...Sorry

Wonderful photo. She looks sweet. I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss.

Its been a blubber-fest here.

IMG_3700.JPG

It's hard to loose a family member, Sorry

Some of the hardest times of a human's life. We all feel your pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom