For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

It'll take a couple of weeks for him to actually get the title in the mail after he applies for it with smog and registration.

The bigger issue with him is that he'll have to pay sales tax on his purchase.

He told me he paid $13,500 for it in April. Roughly 7% on that, plus a late registration fee and registration. Could be over $1000 he will have to cough up to CA. But he'll probably lie to the DMV and say he got it for pennies and cut that down considerably.

I just try not to deal with dishonest people but I'm also okay waiting for the next one. I have enough drama already.

It'll take a couple of weeks for him to actually get the title in the mail after he applies for it with smog and registration.

The bigger issue with him is that he'll have to pay sales tax on his purchase.

He told me he paid $13,500 for it in April. Roughly 7% on that, plus a late registration fee and registration. Could be over $1000 he will have to cough up to CA. But he'll probably lie to the DMV and say he got it for pennies and cut that down considerably.

I just try not to deal with dishonest people but I'm also okay waiting for the next one. I have enough drama already.
You can walk into the DMV and out with a new title same day here as long as the line isn't too long. Did he buy it from a private party and has to pay sales tax after the fact? I'm not familiar with CA rules and regs but in AZ vehicle sales only get sales tax applied when they're through a dealer.

You can walk into the DMV and out with a new title same day here as long as the line isn't too long. Did he buy it from a private party and has to pay sales tax after the fact? I'm not familiar with CA rules and regs but in AZ vehicle sales only get sales tax applied when they're through a dealer.
Wow - I just checked the AZ rules and sure enough. That's definitely not the case here in CA.

I wouldn’t let some title skipping stop me from buying a nice truck at a great price. If the truck and title are in his possession and he has a bill of sale from the previous owner, it’s his truck plain and simple. The only risk is that if you lost the title, it would create a huge hassle in getting a duplicate. If anything it’s just another point for negotiation.

Meanwhile this one has been sitting for weeks.. price dropped to 13k and looks mint. I honestly don’t understand the 80 series market.

C76FB805-5073-499D-BF60-320DC370E61E.png

What do you dudes think is worth more on BaT provided condition and mileage is relatively the same?

1997 factory 3X locked Desert-Dune and Moonglow Pearl with 206k miles

Or

1997 40th Antique Sage unlocked with 176k miles

I love them both but I don’t need three 80s. I might do a poll if I don’t a ton of feedback here.
Looks are everything. Whichever one looks good will bring more. Faded paint, beat up interior etc.

Looks like in addition to the d type jag and the Mclaren F1 he has the worlds only unrestored 250 Testa Rossa (likely worth upwards of $60 million). How’s that for F*** You money?

Interesting listing today in my area. Might be a good deal though: under 10k, locked, with only 170k miles. Looks a little rough though; not sure what's going on with that paint job.

1656874649379.png

Interesting listing today in my area. Might be a good deal though: under 10k, locked, with only 170k miles. Looks a little rough though; not sure what's going on with that paint job.

View attachment 3049183
Sounds scammy. Seller knows enough about the cruiser to know what’s desirable but not enough to know it doesn’t have a V6? Smells scammy

View attachment 3049183
s***ter included?

View attachment 3049183

I'd be willing to be he only means CDL. Not triple

I know some people get annoyed by these type of questions but I figure if I'm gonna ask this is the place to do it. I'm wondering what you guys think I can get out of this at this point. I've looked at comps but they're all over the place. Can't really get a good feel for the market as it seems we might be headed for recession.

I know some people get annoyed by these type of questions but I figure if I'm gonna ask this is the place to do it. I'm wondering what you guys think I can get out of this at this point. I've looked at comps but they're all over the place. Can't really get a good feel for the market as it seems we might be headed for recession.

I haven't really seen any projects worth picking up for several years because I just couldn't get over the prices. With that said, I'm cheap and generally still have prices from 2 years ago stuck in my head.

Pre-craziness, I would see that selling for $4500-$7000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom