For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

What do you dudes think is worth more on BaT provided condition and mileage is relatively the same?

1997 factory 3X locked Desert-Dune and Moonglow Pearl with 206k miles

Or

1997 40th Antique Sage unlocked with 176k miles

I love them both but I don’t need three 80s. I might do a poll if I don’t a ton of feedback here.
If I had to keep one it'd be the 40th. I think you'll get more money with the 40th. They're becoming harder to find in clean condition.

What do you dudes think is worth more on BaT provided condition and mileage is relatively the same?

1997 factory 3X locked Desert-Dune and Moonglow Pearl with 206k miles

Or

1997 40th Antique Sage unlocked with 176k miles

I love them both but I don’t need three 80s. I might do a poll if I don’t a ton of feedback here.
What’s the story with the third one?
I don’t know which of those would sell for more, perhaps there wouldn’t be much difference. I’d prefer owning the 40th Sage.

What’s the story with the third one?
I don’t know which of those would sell for more, perhaps there wouldn’t be much difference. I’d prefer owning the 40th Sage.
Third one is a 94, 3x locked. I’m selling that one too. The plan is to build out the one I keep. I’m not keeping anything stock.

The goal is to maximize profit, but I’m with you guys, I like the 40th Sage the best. I can always add lockers if I want.

What makes this most recent sale a collectable car?

Long term appreciation of motor vehicle values has generally been very limited to specific makes, models, and years.

Perhaps an extremely clean, low mileage, original 80 series would be considered a collectable...but I guess when you have money to spend that makes anything you buy in excess can be considered collectable?
Many of us here would consider our 80s collector vehicles ... almost none of them would pass the bar you list. I'm a believer that collector status is derived from scarcity (not making any more) and desire and we don't seem to be lacking desire.

Third one is a 94, 3x locked. I’m selling that one too. The plan is to build out the one I keep. I’m not keeping anything stock.

The goal is to maximize profit, but I’m with you guys, I like the 40th Sage the best. I can always add lockers if I want.
I'd definitely keep the 40th. And agreed - Adding lockers isn't a big deal since you'll be changing gears anyway.

High dollar buyers swoon over the factory lockers, even though the consensus here seems to be that Harrops are far better.
Yeah - and they tend to be buyers who aren't going to wheel their trucks. There's been plenty of situations where I want a locked front diff and open rear which you can't do with factory unless you tear in to the wiring and that defeats the purpose of paying extra for factory lockers.

Prepare yourselves

Many of us here would consider our 80s collector vehicles ... almost none of them would pass the bar you list. I'm a believer that collector status is derived from scarcity (not making any more) and desire and we don't seem to be lacking desire.

Anyone who doesn't consider them "collectors" vehicles yet, most certainly will as the years keep ticking down. Technically in the car world, 25yrs = a "classic", 50yrs = an "antique".

Cheers

Prepare yourselves

In my opinion, that is a better example of a true collectible. As opposed to the other, earlier modded out one.

Sure, anything that anyone might collect is collectible, but some are nice, and others are truly collectable.

In my opinion, that is a better example of a true collectible. As opposed to the other, earlier modded out one.

Sure, anything that anyone might collect is collectible, but some are nice, and others are truly collectable.

Mileage is the big key
Options are second
White always does well.

How does this deal sound? It’s too far for me to see in person but might consider hiring a mobile mechanic to do an inspection. I already talked to the owner on the phone and he has been great about sending pictures and answering questions.

$14,500
1993 w/230k, lockers, leather
Serviced at Toyota dealer last June (all new fluids and filters, plugs and wires, brakes, shocks, valve cover gasket) Toyota receipt for $3600 for all work performed 6/17/21.
Clean autocheck with a good score but not a lot of professional service history over the years. No accidents or any damage ever reported. California truck all it’s life with no rust. Completely stock.

Haven’t seen in person but seller sent me dozens of pics and condition looks 9/10 on both interior and exterior. Looks like it was garage kept most of its life. I’ve been on the grind looking for about a month now and this seems like a really good rig, but in looking out for #1 I wanted to hear some thoughts from the experts. Thanks.

How does this deal sound? It’s too far for me to see in person but might consider hiring a mobile mechanic to do an inspection. I already talked to the owner on the phone and he has been great about sending pictures and answering questions.

$14,500
Serviced at Toyota dealer last June (all new fluids and filters, plugs and wires, brakes, shocks, valve cover gasket) Toyota receipt for $3600 for all work performed 6/17/21.
Clean autocheck with a good score but not a lot of professional service history over the years. No accidents or any damage ever reported. California truck all it’s life with no rust. Completely stock.

Haven’t seen in person but seller sent me dozens of pics and condition looks 9/10 on both interior and exterior. Looks like it was garage kept most of its life. I’ve been on the grind looking for about a month now and this seems like a really good rig, but in looking out for #1 I wanted to hear some thoughts from the experts. Thanks.
Most of them don’t seem to have much of their service history on record. Idk how many shops and dealers even put records online in the 90s and 2000.

Most of them don’t seem to have much of their service history on record. Idk how many shops and dealers even put records online in the 90s and 2000.
Yeah, I’ve just had a massive list of things done to my ‘94 and the only proof of it, or any work I’ve done, is my word and list of parts bought.

$14,500

That one is on the SF craigslist? That guy bought it in April and is leeching it for the registration that expires in June. He didn't transfer title and so title isn't in his name. You'd need a signed bill of sale from his deal with the original owner but then again, why deal with someone that doesn't follow the rules?

00f0f_4MSgIrgkVAMz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
That one is on the SF craigslist? That guy bought it in April and is leeching it for the registration that expires in June. He didn't transfer title and so title isn't in his name. You'd need a signed bill of sale from his deal with the original owner but then again, why deal with someone that doesn't follow the rules?

View attachment 3047341
Yes that’s the one. He is getting the truck titled in his name and smogged today/tomorrow and will send me pictures of the title and smog report. I’m not sure how much three months of tags are for a 30 year old vehicle in CA, but here the minimum is $10 a year once it’s like 20 years old. I don’t care too much that he avoided a couple bucks in vehicle taxes but it is odd.

I like the white but my wife said we can’t have three cars of the same color… so I just pointed out that our next door neighbor has three silver cars and she had never noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom