Builds Mo's 2014 Sequoia Build Thread ... Already In Progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's what I feared. Thanks!
You received the answer, but here’s the proof.
A17D6489-2382-4697-BAC9-C747086AE2AE.jpeg

Your build thread is one of the few 2nd gen threads out there. It was here I saw @ADVFamilyHauler selling them. I just got an 08 SR5 same color as yours. Yours is way cooler looking. They are working out just fine but when
You get into it, as of now despite any kit you may see from Dobinsons, they do not have a rear shock that matches the sequoia. They themselves recommend the Bilstein 5100. Upon install the rake was rather huge and it could not be aligned. Dobinsons recommendation was to install, align,
Drive for two weeks for springs to settle, then align again. Turned out I was loading up heavy and towing a trailer to California the next day and the weight (I think) brought the “toe” into spec. I didn’t notice any abnormal wear the whole way out. I haven’t realigned it but probably will even though I think it looks ok now. The springs did settle a bunch and it looks way more normal. And yes I need beefier tires and am open to suggestions on size. View attachment 2173292
pics not wanting to attach im living in the middle of nowhere right now and WiFi is spotty. Will start posting when have better service only.
I heard about using the 5100 rear shocks. Which is great, because I already have them on my truck. I was planning on buying the other Dobinson suspension parts on Black Friday but had issues getting the discount without buying the whole package.

I just bought the rack so I’ll have to wait a couple months and hope for a sale before I get the Dobinson suspension.

I heard about using the 5100 rear shocks. Which is great, because I already have them on my truck. I was planning on buying the other Dobinson suspension parts on Black Friday but had issues getting the discount without buying the whole package.

I just bought the rack so I’ll have to wait a couple months and hope for a sale before I get the Dobinson suspension.
I can help you out with the Dobinsons parts, individually. Send me a PM with what you're looking for

Can you give me a rough estimate of what it cost to replace grill and bumper? That looks sick and I was thinking about doing something similar.

Can you give me a rough estimate of what it cost to replace grill and bumper? That looks sick and I was thinking about doing something similar.
This is based on memory, it’s been a couple years, so I may be off:

$900 for the bumper, I think I got some discount because they didn’t know whether this Tundra bumper would fit a Sequoia (neither did I).
$100 for grill.
$100 to paint grill.
$150 for PIAA lights.
$40 for generic led lights.
Labor at the time was around $300

$900 for the bumper, I think I got some discount because they didn’t know whether this Tundra bumper would fit a Sequoia (neither did I).
$100 for grill.
$100 to paint grill.
$150 for PIAA lights.
Thank you! Appreciate it!

$100 for grill.
$100 to paint grill.
$150 for PIAA lights.
So I have a 2010 Sequoia. Does it matter what year I get for the Tundra bumper? I'm assuming I should get one for the year 2010? Thanks man!

So I have a 2010 Sequoia. Does it matter what year I get for the Tundra bumper? I'm assuming I should get one for the year 2010? Thanks man!
I don’t think it matters. And I think the stock Sequoia brackets fit any of the 07-13 Tundra grills, but I may be wrong. It has been a while.

I think you could even keep the Sequoia grill but there’d be a gap between the grill and the bumper. I think the gap is a cosmetic issue and doesn’t create any mechanical issue. But to me, I like the Tundra grill better anyways and wanted to switch it out.

I don’t think it matters. And I think the stock Sequoia brackets fit any of the 07-13 Tundra grills, but I may be wrong. It has been a while.

I think you could even keep the Sequoia grill but there’d be a gap between the grill and the bumper. I think the gap is a cosmetic issue and doesn’t create any mechanical issue. But to me, I like the Tundra grill better anyways and wanted to switch it out.
Yeah I like the Tundra grill way better. Thanks for your help.

I am surprised there are not more 2nd generation Sequoia builds with Sequoias being reasonably priced on the secondary market. I wanted to post some pictures to assist my fellow Sequoia owners who are pondering new ideas about what they can do to customize their rides. Feel free to ask me any questions about the mods I have already added or plan to add.

So far, the following has been installed:

EXTERIOR:
-ICI Magnum RT front bumper for a Tundra (fit like a charm after adding the Tundra grill, and I have had great experience working with ICI),
-Tundra color matched 2012 Rock Warrior grill (I did not have to replace the stock brackets to add this grill),
-Headlights with LED light bars (look good, but not as bright as I would prefer),
-PIAA 510 SMR driving lights (these definitely supplement the headlights output),
-Generic fog lights from Aliexpress (match my headlights),
-D rings painted matte black to match front bumper,
-Toyota emblems and D ring guards color matched to exterior paint color,
-Plastidipped rear Sequoia emblem and underneath the rear Toyota emblem,
-LED taillight/brake lights to replace the rear reflectors (definitely increase light output),
-Rear taillight guards I had powdercoated matte black, and
-Wellvisors Offroad Window Visors.

WHEELS, TIRES, and SUSPENSION:
-17" Tundra Rock Warrior Wheels which I had the rings powdercoated matte black (bought off Craigslist for $500),
-Nitto Terra Grappler 305 70 17,
-ReadyLift 3, 1 spacers, and
-Bilstein 5100 front struts set at lowest setting (to offset weight of front bumper).

INTERIOR:
-Ivory leather seats and console lid cover with black borders from Leatherseats.com (installation is not for the faint of heart, my hands were brutalized while installing the kit),
-Seat warmers,
-White LED lights,
-TRD shift knob,
-Leather steering wheel cover from Aliexpress,
-Molded floor black leather looking floormats with white stitching from Aliexpress,
-Tint on front windows to match rear windows,
-Pioneer AVIC 8100 NEX head unit (definitely improved the sound quality),
-HDMI and USB extension to the console charger position,
-Monitors behind the front headrests,
-Rear hatch cover,
-Black lining in change holders and other nooks and crannies to reduce vibration held in place with double sided tape(my arts and craft project), and
-Ivory leather inserts for cupholders and other nooks and crannies (sounds stupid to add leather to an area which will get wet, but I had a couple round shaped leather samples lying around that fit perfectly there and some rectangle pieces for other areas).

MISCELLANEOUS:
-Volant Cold Air Intake.

Added AFTER first posting:
-Stainless steel strips to fit in the side indention that I had powdercoated matte black (bought from eBay),
-Maglite mount,
-ICI Magnum RT Steps for a Tundra Double Cab (6 out of the 8 brackets lined up, except the rear brackets, but I do not believe that will compromise the rigidity of the steps unless someone over 200 pounds jumps on the back step for an hour),
-ICI Magnum Tundra Skid Plate,
-PIAA LP530 LED backup lights and bracket, and
-Ditch light mounts with PIAA LP530 LED driving lights.
-Hitch receive D ring Mount and D ring.

I am pondering adding the following:
-Divine 1 Custom rear bumper with spare tire carrier,
-Gobi roof rack,
-Maybe a winch (but this truck will not see much offroad action, I use my built GX470 for that),
-Snorkel, and
-Whatever else sounds cool.

Posted are a few pictures of the exterior in chronological order.
View attachment 1275898 View attachment 1275901 View attachment 1275907 View attachment 1275911
Were you happy with with Readylift 3" lift kit? Any problems with it?

I am surprised there are not more 2nd generation Sequoia builds with Sequoias being reasonably priced on the secondary market. I wanted to post some pictures to assist my fellow Sequoia owners who are pondering new ideas about what they can do to customize their rides. Feel free to ask me any questions about the mods I have already added or plan to add.

EXTERIOR:
-ICI Magnum RT front bumper for a Tundra (fit like a charm after adding the Tundra grill, and I have had great experience working with ICI),
-Tundra color matched 2012 Rock Warrior grill (I did not have to replace the stock brackets to add this grill),
-Headlights with LED light bars (look good, but not as bright as I would prefer),
-PIAA 510 SMR driving lights (these definitely supplement the headlights output),
-LED taillight/brake lights to replace the rear reflectors (definitely increase light output),

-17" Tundra Rock Warrior Wheels which I had the rings powdercoated matte black (bought off Craigslist for $500),
-Bilstein 5100 front struts set at lowest setting (to offset weight of front bumper).

INTERIOR:
-Ivory leather seats and console lid cover with black borders from Leatherseats.com (installation is not for the faint of heart, my hands were brutalized while installing the kit),
-Seat warmers,
-White LED lights,
-TRD shift knob,
-Molded floor black leather looking floormats with white stitching from Aliexpress,
-Rear hatch cover,
-Black lining in change holders and other nooks and crannies to reduce vibration held in place with double sided tape(my arts and craft project), and
-Ivory leather inserts for cupholders and other nooks and crannies (sounds stupid to add leather to an area which will get wet, but I had a couple round shaped leather samples lying around that fit perfectly there and some rectangle pieces for other areas).

MISCELLANEOUS:
-Volant Cold Air Intake.

-Stainless steel strips to fit in the side indention that I had powdercoated matte black (bought from eBay),
-Maglite mount,
-ICI Magnum RT Steps for a Tundra Double Cab (6 out of the 8 brackets lined up, except the rear brackets, but I do not believe that will compromise the rigidity of the steps unless someone over 200 pounds jumps on the back step for an hour),

-Gobi roof rack,
-Maybe a winch (but this truck will not see much offroad action, I use my built GX470 for that),
-Snorkel, and

View attachment 1275898 View attachment 1275901 View attachment 1275907 View attachment 1275911
Thank you for sharing all this info! I am looking to put a new bumper on my '11 Sequoia. It seems like there are a bunch of Tundra bumpers available but not too many Sequoia. I guess I thought they'd be a straight swap. I'm not sure I understand the differences between the Sequoia and Tundra grill and bumper interface. Is anyone on here able to shed some light on this? Pictures would be hugely helpful. Thanks in advance!

Mo, Just wanted to thank you for your original post. I found this a few weeks ago while searching for a bumper for my 08 Sequoia SR5. I just put on the same ICI bumper and steps along with a color matched tundra grille.

Toytec front coilovers - TTFCS-207AH-700RED (specs say 1"-3" lift, I adjusted almost all the way down)
Magnum bumper - FBM42TYN-RT
Magnum RT Steps - RTS73TY
Tundra 2010 Rock Warrior Grille
Tundra 2015 20" wheels
Genssi 21" light bar

Still need:
Tires
Spot and Fog lights to fill these 4" holes.

View attachment 1336452
Thank you, too, for sharing! What would your conversion have looked like if you'd not put on the Tundra Grill? Would there be a gap under the grill? Does the Tundra grill just extend down further? Thanks in advance!

EXTERIOR:

INTERIOR:
-Seat warmers,
-White LED lights,
-TRD shift knob,
-Rear hatch cover,

MISCELLANEOUS:
-Volant Cold Air Intake.

-Maglite mount,

-Gobi roof rack,
-Snorkel, and

Now, I'm obsessed with this bumper and I can't find it anywhere! Anyone know if there are any available for sale somewhere?

Thank you for sharing all this info! I am looking to put a new bumper on my '11 Sequoia. It seems like there are a bunch of Tundra bumpers available but not too many Sequoia. I guess I thought they'd be a straight swap. I'm not sure I understand the differences between the Sequoia and Tundra grill and bumper interface. Is anyone on here able to shed some light on this? Pictures would be hugely helpful. Thanks in advance!
I can describe the issue, but I don’t have any pictures to illustrate the issue. Based on what I’ve noticed the grills on Tundras have different dimensions than the grills on Sequoias. If I remember correctly, the Tundra grill is longer and the Sequoia’s grill is shorter. A bumper designed for a Tundra is designed taking in to consideration the length of the Tundra grill. Therefore, if you put a Tundra designed bumper on a Sequoia without also installing a Tundra grill, then there may be a gap between the grill and the bumper.

Now, I'm obsessed with this bumper and I can't find it anywhere! Anyone know if there are any available for sale somewhere?
Unfortunately, ICI may not make these bumpers anymore for the 07 to 13 Tundras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom