Mo's 2014 Sequoia Build Thread ... Already In Progress

Discussion in 'Tundra / Sequoia' started by MoSequoia, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ADVFamilyHauler

ADVFamilyHauler

Great looking Sequoia. I just picked up a 2011

2. NC LX

NC LX

Media:
    If the fogs goes through a relay, you can bend one of the tabs (forget which one) and it will keep the bright from turning off. Ive done this mod on a few other vehicles.

3. MojoCruiser

MojoCruiser

Media:
    @MoSequoia I love what your doing with your Sequoia! Looks sweet! any thoughts on this... (Not trying to highjack...)
    it's about time to switch out the shocks on my 2010 sequoia's (limited/non air ride) suspension.
    -When I had my 4th gen 4runner, I switched out the old suspension with a 2nd gen Tacoma's TRD bilstein front McPherson struts and utilize the rear shocks as well. This is also known as the "taco swap" on T4R.org. Gave my front end a 1&1/4" lift. I then utilized rear springs from an FJ cruiser that yielded a 1" rear lift. IMO, it was the most cost-effective and all OEM part Toyota lift I've ever seen.
    (The taco suspension parts were given to me and I bought the rear FJ springs for $50)

-[​IMG]Is this same concept possible with a 2nd gen tundra's suspension on a 2nd gen sequoia? Front strut assembly and rear shocks?
    -I've looked on forums like tundra solutions but no dice.
    Any input or device would be really appreciated! Thx
    Here's a pic...

sequoia.jpg

4mydogs likes this.
  4. silverhorse

silverhorse

Front axle is the same as the Tundra. So you can run any of those parts.... rear IRS totally different. ONLY the Sequoia has this set-up. you can get taller coils but not much else is available...

MojoCruiser likes this.
  5. SAMI188

SAMI188

@MoSequoia & @mikemccollum, was the Tundra grille a bolt-on affair? I've been toying with doing this, but don't really want to if it's much of a custom job.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  6. MoSequoia

MoSequoia

It is bolt on. Unbolt the Sequoia grill and bolt on the Tundra grill.

7. Firerunner3541

Firerunner3541

How do you like your Sequoia ? I am torn between a 200 series LC and a 2nd gen Sequoia. We have a 5yr and 2 yr and one on the way. The wife has the 15'Limited 4runner with 3rd row, that one we are keeping. I will be replacing by 07'4runner sport 4.0 unless I decided to keep it for a trail rig later but the trade in $$ would help for sure . The reason I am torn is the 3rd row seat on both. One if those what If I need to pick the kids up with there friends etc.. and road trips etc . Love the LC but would I happy with it or will I find the Sequoia more useful. If I do go off road it would be mild as most trails here in the North East region are tight. Your thoughts ?

8. MoSequoia

MoSequoia

You appear to be caught in the same dilemma I was 2 years ago. I was stuck between getting a 2008 LC or my 2014 Sequoia while my wife was about to have a couple more kids.

As you know, I ultimately chose the Sequoia because it was larger and a simpler vehicle. I have not had any buyer’s remorse, my experience has been great. I bought a SR5 4x4 which doesn’t have many gadgets. The larger size comes in handy with trips because you have so much more space. The fit and finish is not as polished as a 200 but I don’t really care about that stuff with 3 little kids.

A good thing is it’s bigger, a bad thing is it’s bigger but that shouldn’t cause you an issue if you’re only doing light off-roading. And truth be told, a 200 is not much more svelte, it’s just shorter.

9. Firerunner3541

Firerunner3541

Thank You. I hear so many say LC/LX and with used ones they are pretty close in price. I always do the what if scenario's. If the kids get older are they going to be ok in the 3rd row of LC on long trips. And looking at the Sequoia , there is no question there. I have not driven either yet. This will become by daily driver too for awhile. They are both solid vehicles for what I read though some say the LC build quality is better, bu they do share a lot of the same parts. You def helped thank you.

10. Firerunner3541

Firerunner3541

You did a nice build on yours too. Some thing I def will do when the time comes. Mine will be used also. New ones are so much $$$ I am looking in the 30k and under range.

11. Firerunner3541

Firerunner3541

Test drove a 2018 Sequoia over the weekend. yup def our next family vehicle. Loved all the space plus a usable 3rd row. Good chance I am keeping my 2007 4runner sport. It will become my trail rig and DD every now and then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.