Builds Mo's 2014 Sequoia Build Thread ... Already In Progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you end up running wheel spacers with the rockwarrior wheels? My rear UPC arm contacted the stick on weights. I'm going to try hammer weights, but am concerned about the lack of clearance.
No wheel spacers. I’ve had these Rock Warriors on my Sequoia for 3 or more years without issue. But I will admit, when I first bought these wheels I heard there was a tight fit. But luckily I haven’t experienced any mishaps. Knock on wood.

Glad I found this thread and have similar tree - old man tan with rock warrior rims, TRD super charger, ARB in front, custom sliders and rear.

Now it’s time for suspension upgrade. Want to lift 2.5” - 3.0” to fit 35” tires. Was thinking about Bilstein 6112 for the front but still not sure about rear set up? Would welcome suggestions.

Thanks

Just joined this forum when I was getting info on the secondary air intake sy failures.
I have a 2012 Toyota Sequoia SR5. I am really liking what everyone is doing with the front bumper and grill.
Makes me want to change things up on my Sequoia.

Great thread! I'm going to do Dobinsons rear coils for sure. I tow a 31' Airstream with mine. I have Airlift 1000 Airbags, but I feel like my springs are worn out. Would worn out springs cause the rear wheels to be a little off camber? I am super interested in the side steps you're running. Nice rig!

IMG_3514.JPG

IMG_6841.JPG

Great thread! I'm going to do Dobinsons rear coils for sure. I tow a 31' Airstream with mine. I have Airlift 1000 Airbags, but I feel like my springs are worn out. Would worn out springs cause the rear wheels to be a little off camber? I am super interested in the side steps you're running. Nice rig!

View attachment 2100333

View attachment 2100334
Thank you. I’m also considering switching to Dobinson suspension. I’ve been speaking with a local rep and am working on different options. In regards to the ICI steps, make sure you order steps for the Tundra double cab, not the crew cab. The only downside is the last mount on both sides can’t be used without some rigging (which I haven’t done), because that bolt location is different. Regardless, they been sturdy over a couple years of use.

Glad I found this thread and have similar tree - old man tan with rock warrior rims, TRD super charger, ARB in front, custom sliders and rear.

Now it’s time for suspension upgrade. Want to lift 2.5” - 3.0” to fit 35” tires. Was thinking about Bilstein 6112 for the front but still not sure about rear set up? Would welcome suggestions.

Thanks
Dobinson is also offering different reasonably priced suspension options if you don’t want spacers. They offer a different variety of spring tension for the height you may be looking for. I may actually be switching to Dobinson.

Just joined this forum when I was getting info on the secondary air intake sy failures.
I have a 2012 Toyota Sequoia SR5. I am really liking what everyone is doing with the front bumper and grill.
Makes me want to change things up on my Sequoia.
Do it!

Hi MoSequoia, joining in late. Question for you as it sounds like your an experienced Sequoia owner. Grille replacement on these Sequoias are pretty simple? I pick mine up tomorrow and purchased the 2020 TRD Pro grille to swap out but cannot find any youtube videos online. TONs of tundra videos but their hood/grille setup is different.

Hi MoSequoia, joining in late. Question for you as it sounds like your an experienced Sequoia owner. Grille replacement on these Sequoias are pretty simple? I pick mine up tomorrow and purchased the 2020 TRD Pro grille to swap out but cannot find any youtube videos online. TONs of tundra videos but their hood/grille setup is different.
It was just removal of bolts, then it came off. My new grill didn’t have a rubber gasket (goes between the grill and the hood where they connect) on it, so instead of trying to reuse the old one from my Sequoia grill, I bought a new one. After putting that on, I installed the new grill and reinstalled the bolts.

What I am running in to after removing the bolts is the Radiator grille assembly seems to be really stuck and I’m not sure if I should force it or not.

@MoSequoia - Any chance you could take a picture from the inside looking up through the sunroof? I have been curious how well it lines up with the front of the sunroof. Thanks!
A picture is probably not necessary. If you’re wondering, it does not fully cover the sunroof. Even with the optional overpriced wind fairing, the bottom of the fairing actually touches the glass on the sunroof. I tried driving with the sunroof open and it was loud. But you probably could adjust the fairing to extend past the glass because it’s adjustable, but then again I never really use it so I didn’t bother

A picture is probably not necessary. If you’re wondering, it does not fully cover the sunroof. Even with the optional overpriced wind fairing, the bottom of the fairing actually touches the glass on the sunroof. I tried driving with the sunroof open and it was loud. But you probably could adjust the fairing to extend past the glass because it’s adjustable, but then again I never really use it so I didn’t bother

That's what I feared. Thanks!

Aw too bad, I should check this more often.
Your build thread is one of the few 2nd gen threads out there. It was here I saw @ADVFamilyHauler selling them. I just got an 08 SR5 same color as yours. Yours is way cooler looking. They are working out just fine but when
You get into it, as of now despite any kit you may see from Dobinsons, they do not have a rear shock that matches the sequoia. They themselves recommend the Bilstein 5100. Upon install the rake was rather huge and it could not be aligned. Dobinsons recommendation was to install, align,
Drive for two weeks for springs to settle, then align again. Turned out I was loading up heavy and towing a trailer to California the next day and the weight (I think) brought the “toe” into spec. I didn’t notice any abnormal wear the whole way out. I haven’t realigned it but probably will even though I think it looks ok now. The springs did settle a bunch and it looks way more normal. And yes I need beefier tires and am open to suggestions on size.
C51F8D48-C9A9-4199-9632-445CD789D6EB.jpeg

pics not wanting to attach im living in the middle of nowhere right now and WiFi is spotty. Will start posting when have better service only.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom