Builds Mo's 2014 Sequoia Build Thread ... Already In Progress (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few more photos. One showing how handy the front hitch on this bumper is and a few with new shoes. BFG AT- K02 - 275-60-20. I was debating between these and 275/65/20 and I'm glad I went with the 60s. Not bad on noise or ride - I can definitely hear the tires but the ride is nice and smooth up to highway speeds. I also ordered a couple of the spot lights from Magnum that fit into their bumper and wired them to the factory fog light switch. The only negative with that is I can't turn the spots on with the brights. I'll probably wire to a new switch, or to my LED bar switch, when I add two more. No more mods for me, at least nothing planned :). Thanks again for the original post Mo.

View attachment 1368798 View attachment 1368799 View attachment 1368800 View attachment 1368801
If the fogs goes through a relay, you can bend one of the tabs (forget which one) and it will keep the bright from turning off. Ive done this mod on a few other vehicles.

@MoSequoia I love what your doing with your Sequoia! Looks sweet! any thoughts on this... (Not trying to highjack...)
it's about time to switch out the shocks on my 2010 sequoia's (limited/non air ride) suspension.
-When I had my 4th gen 4runner, I switched out the old suspension with a 2nd gen Tacoma's TRD bilstein front McPherson struts and utilize the rear shocks as well. This is also known as the "taco swap" on T4R.org. Gave my front end a 1&1/4" lift. I then utilized rear springs from an FJ cruiser that yielded a 1" rear lift. IMO, it was the most cost-effective and all OEM part Toyota lift I've ever seen.
(The taco suspension parts were given to me and I bought the rear FJ springs for $50)

-
1f64f.png
Is this same concept possible with a 2nd gen tundra's suspension on a 2nd gen sequoia? Front strut assembly and rear shocks?
-I've looked on forums like tundra solutions but no dice.
Any input or device would be really appreciated! Thx
Here's a pic...

sequoia.jpg

Front axle is the same as the Tundra. So you can run any of those parts.... rear IRS totally different. ONLY the Sequoia has this set-up. you can get taller coils but not much else is available...

How do you like your Sequoia ? I am torn between a 200 series LC and a 2nd gen Sequoia. We have a 5yr and 2 yr and one on the way. The wife has the 15'Limited 4runner with 3rd row, that one we are keeping. I will be replacing by 07'4runner sport 4.0 unless I decided to keep it for a trail rig later but the trade in $$ would help for sure . The reason I am torn is the 3rd row seat on both. One if those what If I need to pick the kids up with there friends etc.. and road trips etc . Love the LC but would I happy with it or will I find the Sequoia more useful. If I do go off road it would be mild as most trails here in the North East region are tight. Your thoughts ?

How do you like your Sequoia ? I am torn between a 200 series LC and a 2nd gen Sequoia. We have a 5yr and 2 yr and one on the way. The wife has the 15'Limited 4runner with 3rd row, that one we are keeping. I will be replacing by 07'4runner sport 4.0 unless I decided to keep it for a trail rig later but the trade in $$ would help for sure . The reason I am torn is the 3rd row seat on both. One if those what If I need to pick the kids up with there friends etc.. and road trips etc . Love the LC but would I happy with it or will I find the Sequoia more useful. If I do go off road it would be mild as most trails here in the North East region are tight. Your thoughts ?
You appear to be caught in the same dilemma I was 2 years ago. I was stuck between getting a 2008 LC or my 2014 Sequoia while my wife was about to have a couple more kids.

As you know, I ultimately chose the Sequoia because it was larger and a simpler vehicle. I have not had any buyer’s remorse, my experience has been great. I bought a SR5 4x4 which doesn’t have many gadgets. The larger size comes in handy with trips because you have so much more space. The fit and finish is not as polished as a 200 but I don’t really care about that stuff with 3 little kids.

A good thing is it’s bigger, a bad thing is it’s bigger but that shouldn’t cause you an issue if you’re only doing light off-roading. And truth be told, a 200 is not much more svelte, it’s just shorter.

Thank You. I hear so many say LC/LX and with used ones they are pretty close in price. I always do the what if scenario's. If the kids get older are they going to be ok in the 3rd row of LC on long trips. And looking at the Sequoia , there is no question there. I have not driven either yet. This will become by daily driver too for awhile. They are both solid vehicles for what I read though some say the LC build quality is better, bu they do share a lot of the same parts. You def helped thank you.

You did a nice build on yours too. Some thing I def will do when the time comes. Mine will be used also. New ones are so much $$$ I am looking in the 30k and under range.

We went through this last fall. We have more kids, so the size of the sequoia won out. We offroad our Sequoia fairly frequently and that is where we always wish we went with the 200-series. If you plan on modifying and wheeling the truck I would recommend the LC over a Sequoia every time. If its just for hauling the family then the Sequoia is great.

Thanks Mike for the picture, it speaks for itself!

Nevertheless being repetitive, the Tundra grill is shaped differently than the Sequoia's grill and because it is shaped differently, the difference is especially noticeable when you install a Tundra designed bumper (as are most aftermarket bumpers that will fit a Sequoia). The hood with a Sequoia grill may still securely latch after a Tundra bumper is installed, I just never tried it. I knew when I bought the bumper, I'd replace the grill. I found a rock warrior grill for $150 new on Craigslist. By the way, I think any 07-13 Tundra grill should work, you don't have to get a rock warrior specific grill.

hey MoSequoia, I have a question for you regarding my 2016 Sequoia front grille. Can I replace 2016 Sequoia grille with Tundra grille without changing sequoia front bumper ?

Headlights with LED light bars (look good, but not as bright as I would prefer),
-PIAA 510 SMR driving lights (these definitely supplement the headlights output),
-Generic fog lights from Aliexpress (match my headlights),

Try Lifetime LED's. They are daylight bright and I think you will be amazed!

Fantastic BUILD. I love seeing your upgrades. We finished an FJ40 and you are inspiring us to turn attention to the '07 Sequoia.

Did you end up running wheel spacers with the rockwarrior wheels? My rear UPC arm contacted the stick on weights. I'm going to try hammer weights, but am concerned about the lack of clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom