More Holiday Wheelin? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poland Creek (FR688) looks like an in and out, branches off of Turkey Creek (FR101) south of Cleator.

At Columbia, there is a bunch of stuff on the map, mines, graves, etc, including a heep trail that leads over to Tule.

Columbia - Arizona Ghost Town

I might add I'm not married to any of those trails, and would be wildly happy to explore something else, if someone has a wish list.
( /me elbows Claudia)

As far as next week wheeling goes, if I were taking a day off of wheeling, it would be Wednesday. Not to impose that on anyone else of course, just putting it out there. I could always get an emergency call for any day, but I'll try to schedule anything I get for Wednesday.

( /me elbows Claudia)

I sent my list of future plans to Kevin, like, weeks ago :doh:

jus throwing it out here:

2) circumnavigation of Roosevelt lake
3) Cherry creek road
4) there are apparently some trails off Log Corral that would make a nice loop
5) 42 is open again

(#1 cannot be done this time of year, so I am not listing it)

I sent my list of future plans to Kevin, like, weeks ago :doh:

jus throwing it out here:

2) circumnavigation of Roosevelt lake
3) Cherry creek road
4) there are apparently some trails off Log Corral that would make a nice loop
5) 42 is open again

(#1 cannot be done this time of year, so I am not listing it)

FR42 is not open according to the Cave Creek Ranger District office. If it does reopens it will be on a permit bases, per my call 5 mins ago. She did ask what forum I read it on.

Thanks for getting me all excited:rolleyes:

5) 42 is open again ...

Last I heard, it being evaluated for what would be needed to open it, how, when, etc. There is talk of having a small group attempt to run it with FS employees to see how to looks. I have been lobbying to have CSC provide the transportation.

last i heard, it being evaluated for what would be needed to open it, how, when, etc. There is talk of having a small group attempt to run it with fs employees to see how to looks. I have been lobbying to have csc provide the transportation.
pick me pick me !!!

Harquahala Peak and area - Any interest?
The Peak itself does not require 4x4, but it is very neat and historic. BTDT. There are some trails that wander around to the north from the top, but not sure if they actually go anywhere good. John

You get to Columbia/Humbug from off the CK back road. My topo shows a heep trail over to Tip Top Mine, but no guarantee on the condition or passibility of the trail. I've never actually made it over to Humbug or Columbia and would love to see them.

DeSoto Mine trail is always a great run, but a long drive either at the end or beginning depending on which way you run it. We usually run it from top to bottom, opposite of most folks, so the long drive is at the beginning and you come out in Cleator. Rather than getting off the trail and having a 3.5 hour drive home still. Plus you get to hit the CK General Store for fudge before they close.

I need to make plans for work next week and need to know what are our plans for Monday, Tuesday.

FR42 is not open according to the Cave Creek Ranger District office. If it does reopens it will be on a permit bases, per my call 5 mins ago. She did ask what forum I read it on.

Thanks for getting me all excited:rolleyes:

their own travel management map marks it as open :rolleyes:

Is anyone thinking of a new years overnighter this year?

I am in Gilbert now and ready if anyone needs a hand in wrenching or any help. The wife is working so I will be roaming around the area.

I would love to snag a seat to go wheelin one day. Another than Monday I am wide open.

Thanks,

Bomar

nine 0 one 239 one six 99

Yes, in the Superior/Globe area, but I will be staying in a hotel.:eek::princess:

My wife works that Friday so we are a maybe

Thanatoz and I will be camping for the NYE trip, all nights, probably at the Oak Flats campground. You're welcome to join us.

I am in Gilbert now and ready if anyone needs a hand in wrenching or any help. The wife is working so I will be roaming around the area.

I would love to snag a seat to go wheelin one day. Another than Monday I am wide open.

Thanks,

Bomar

nine 0 one 239 one six 99

You're welcome to join me for any and/or all of the runs I go on. There is never a shortage of seats in this group, so any run that tickles your fancy you'd be welcome to tag along on.

Talked with Dave, the caretaker of Humbug, he is looking to be there about noonish on Sunday (12/26) and would be happy to show us around!:cool: So, a ghost town tour, Columbia, Humbug and maybe Tule?

So is the Humbug thing on for Sunday the 26th? Ok can we make a list with dates and trails I am totally confused. Even more so than my typical state of mind:hillbilly: I have a few days I need to keep open
12/29 I may need to stick around maybe 12/30 other than that I want to do some holiday wheeling and momma wants to know what we're doing . Then she can decide which days she wants to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom