More Holiday Wheelin? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in for once

Where ya headed? Powerline via Apache Leap would be awesome right now...as long as it doesn't snow/rain a lot between now and then. Then you could exit via the crazy hill and the canyon/lions back into Oak Flat.

Where ya headed? Powerline via Apache Leap would be awesome right now...as long as it doesn't snow/rain a lot between now and then. Then you could exit via the crazy hill and the canyon/lions back into Oak Flat.

Powerline is on the optional, maybe list. It has been graded to the step, the big bolder pulled off of the step, etc. The main trail that we are going for is Devils/Easter island Canyon, way :cool: drive that comes out close to Globe.

So what's up for Sunday, which is I assume the first day of this Christmas wheeling season? Inquiring women and children want to know!

I would like to know about Sunday after X-mas too!!! Thanks

Damn! I gotta kick the in-laws out right after X-mas or disappear before they get up!! :hmm: :idea:

A couple of guys are meeting at Fig Springs Rd. in New River at 10 am., hoping to make it to Table Mesa Rd. from Fig Springs Rd. and then head East to Seven Springs and exit through Carefree. There are a few large washes, and they may be washed out (one in particular), but from what i've seen over the last 6 years there is always a decent way through with 33's if it's not flowing. I have never used Fig Springs Rd. as the entrance to TM, I am currently double checking with some maps to see if I can solidify a route.

EDIT: meet @ the Chevron on Carefree Hwy. and I-17 @ 10 am. More 2 wheeled exploration is needed to find a route using Fig Springs Rd. Still taking Table Mesa East, just a different route

Last edited:
Ideas for Sunday and beyond, brought to you by Spike and Thanatoz:
Log Corral- up SR87 (and the constuction zone)
Payette- (see Log Corral, and farther)
Reno Pass- also up SR87 and probably still closed.
Mud Springs- n. of 4 Peaks turnoff, s. of Sunflower on SR87 (not for the squeamish, rated 4.0, see About.com: http://locooffroad.com/Trails/MudSprings.htm )
El Oso Mine- near 4 Peaks, FR 463 (looks tame)
Smiley Rock- near Jerome up I-17 (kinda far)
DeSoto- near Crown King (kinda far)
Turkey Creek- (see DeSoto) never run it and interested
Bumblebee Creek- IDK where this is, but the pics looked like fun
A random power line off of I-17 just north of Sunset Point that heads eastish that might or not peter out 1/2 mile in, but looks interesting from the freeway.
Vulture Mine- by Wickenberg somewhere(?)
Columbia- back way to CK, ghost town

I was halfway up Turkey Creek this past spring, depending on water depth it can be hairy. Very fun trail for sure, and I would be in for that or any of the others you mentioned. :cheers:

Ideas for Sunday and beyond, brought to you by Spike and Thanatoz:
Log Corral- up SR87 (and the constuction zone) In and out the rock garden or full loop?
Payette- (see Log Corral, and farther) Summer trail and needs another flood, was just a gravel garden this year.:frown:
Reno Pass- also up SR87 and probably still closed. Closed for sure at religious rock
Mud Springs- n. of 4 Peaks turnoff, s. of Sunflower on SR87 (not for the squeamish, rated 4.0, see About.com: http://locooffroad.com/Trails/MudSprings.htm ) IIRC still closed?
El Oso Mine- near 4 Peaks, FR 463 (looks tame) Is OK, lots of brush.
Smiley Rock- near Jerome up I-17 (kinda far) Summer trail?
DeSoto- near Crown King (kinda far) Meh
Turkey Creek- (see DeSoto) never run it and interested Nice trail
Bumblebee Creek- IDK where this is, but the pics looked like fun
A random power line off of I-17 just north of Sunset Point that heads eastish that might or not peter out 1/2 mile in, but looks interesting from the freeway.
Vulture Mine- by Wickenberg somewhere(?) Dirt road to tourist trap.
Columbia- back way to CK, ghost town In a cool area, Close to Tule

A couple that I like. There is another creek trail closer to the mountain, west of Turkey creek, IIRC called Poland creek?

EDIT: Meet @ the Chevron on Carefree Hwy. and the I-17 @ 10 am. More 2 wheeled exploration is needed to find a route from Fig Springs Rd. Still taking Table Mesa East, just a different route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom