More Holiday Wheelin? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

their own travel management map marks it as open :rolleyes:

The way I understand it: The travel management map is a plan, for the future, so it is on the plan to be open in the future, not open now. The last time we were there it looked very washed out, possibly not even passable? My guess is they will blade it, would prefer them to just make it passable, leave it challenging, likely a fantasy.:frown:

So is the Humbug thing on for Sunday the 26th? Ok can we make a list with dates and trails I am totally confused. Even more so than my typical state of mind:hillbilly: I have a few days I need to keep open
12/29 I may need to stick around maybe 12/30 other than that I want to do some holiday wheeling and momma wants to know what we're doing . Then she can decide which days she wants to come.

Never happen. Runs for the holiday seasons are usually planned on the previous run. In other words, Sunday afternoon we'll have a confab and decide what to do Monday. There are exceptions, Bulldog is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, but the NYE Globe/Superior area run may begin on Thursday 12-30-10 or Friday and go through Sunday (or not). There will probably be accommodations made for people who want to join in on that run for a day or two.

AFAIK there are no runs currently planned for either Monday or Wednesday, but chances are someone will be out running something.

And yes, currently Sunday 12-26-10 is looking like Columbia/Humbug/Tule. Should be a great family outing.

So is the Humbug thing on for Sunday the 26th? Ok can we make a list with dates and trails I am totally confused. Even more so than my typical state of mind:hillbilly: I have a few days I need to keep open
12/29 I may need to stick around maybe 12/30 other than that I want to do some holiday wheeling and momma wants to know what we're doing . Then she can decide which days she wants to come.

This thread is only for planning, talking about potential runs, as they are firmed up new threads will be made for each run. If you have a run that you are for sure going to do, post it in a new thread.

As I see it right now:

Sunday 12/26, Lake Pleasant ghost town tour.

Tuesday 12/28, Bulldog.

Friday to Sunday 12/31-1/2, Superior/Globe area, with the main run being Devil's Canyon/Easter Island on Saturday. Runs will be done on the way there (Friday) and on the way home (Sunday). There are plenty of possibilities, Walnut, Telegraph canyons, Hackberry, Montana Mountain, etc. Planning to do some research (hope other will also) in the next couple of days for new exploring possibilities in the area.

The rest is open at this point, but will likely run a few more days.

Damn, I do not have camping equipment

you don't HAVE to camp - I won't for sure :p

Last edited:
Never happen. Runs for the holiday seasons are usually planned on the previous run. In other words, Sunday afternoon we'll have a confab and decide what to do Monday. There are exceptions, Bulldog is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, but the NYE Globe/Superior area run may begin on Thursday 12-30-10 or Friday and go through Sunday (or not). There will probably be accommodations made for people who want to join in on that run for a day or two.

AFAIK there are no runs currently planned for either Monday or Wednesday, but chances are someone will be out running something.

And yes, currently Sunday 12-26-10 is looking like Columbia/Humbug/Tule. Should be a great family outing.
Wow, I take it there aren't many football fans in this club.

Wow, I take it there aren't many football fans in this club.

There are some, I change the channel when it comes on.:meh:

I would rather get out and wheel, than watch ANYTHING on the boob-tube.:cool::hillbilly:

Sit on the couch, or wheel... let me think about that for a second...

I have no idea yet whether I can make it :frown: - I mangled it again today :rolleyes:

apparently, the new springs provide more articulation - now the rear ARB line leaks :doh:

also, the fan is rattling on the clutch as if it would soon explode :eek:

new fan clutch has been acquired :bounce: (lifetime warranty my a** :rolleyes: this was just 3 years old :bang:)

we can probably gain an inch or so on the ARB line by pulling it tauter - major ARB dealer in town was closed at 4:40pm :frown:

How to break a fan clutch...

I can't believe how the combination of Picasa and Ih8mud can ruin a set of perfectly good shots...
DSC_8887.jpg
DSC_8893.jpg
DSC_8912.jpg

new fan clutch has been acquired :bounce: (lifetime warranty my a** :rolleyes: this was just 3 years old :bang:)

we can probably gain an inch or so on the ARB line by pulling it tauter - major ARB dealer in town was closed at 4:40pm :frown:

I have ~6' of ARB line along with some fittings if that can help.

I have ~6' of ARB line along with some fittings if that can help.

thanks :cheers:. Looks like we can pull it some more and get it to seal :hillbilly:

Michael has spare stuff in his truck as well - which means I would have to be in Chandler at like 7am on a Sunday - yeah, right . . . :rolleyes:

the way I figure, Humbug is just fine for a 40, stock ;p

I am sure I would be OK but the wife is the one that would be cold and not last. I appreciate the offer but spending New Years Eve away from the wife on our first married New Year Eve would not be forgiven I am sure

....Michael has spare stuff in his truck as well....

which turns out to be useless, as my locker is of prehistoric vintage, as are the fittings :doh:

right now, there is a :hillbilly: fix

I am sure I would be OK but the wife is the one that would be cold and not last. I appreciate the offer but spending New Years Eve away from the wife on our first married New Year Eve would not be forgiven I am sure

bring her with you :doh:

So it seems I will not make it out this week with you guys after a catastrophic failure in the drivetrain of the 100 during our Christmas road trip. While I can take the FJ out, I am not sure that is wise given the fact that it is the :princess: 's daily driver and currently our only working vehicle. In addition to the fact that I am sure I'm going to be very busy next week trying to figure out what the hell happened to the 100. Catch up with you guys sometime soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom