Modified OEM Denso fuel injectors on 1FZFE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I've been working on my dad's old 97 cruiser. Its a real awesome vehicle but at 265Kish it needed a bit of work to get back in good shape.

After having to pull the injectors due to a CEL diagnosis, I found one needed replacing. Rather than pay $220 for a new OEM from dealership, I decided to buy some "upgraded" remanufactured set of injectors on ebay. The seller seems fairly reputable, and injectors came with lifetime warranty. They are apparently OEM Denso injectors that they modified.

link: Upgraded Denso Set Of 6 Fuel Injectors For Toyota Land Cruiser Lexus LX450 4.5L | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/142268133315

Wanted to know what you guys think: was I stupid in ordering these or is it worth giving a shot?

- at the milage, if one injector is bad, its possible other are getting there too. (although when i cleaned/pressurized them with carb cleaner and tested, they all seemed good)
- i do believe that the additional holes might actually atomize the fuel better but i'm also dubious on this point, in that, why would denso not just do this to begin with? if in fact its only benefit

I've read through some of the older threads on this subject and opinions seemed mixed. I'll probably still be keeping around my old set of injectors, and might mail them in somewhere to be cleaned/inspected just in case I need them.

IMG_20210825_230823.jpg

IMG_20210825_231759.jpg

Interested in your review and performance of these eBay injectors. An injector upgrade would be welcome.

Here are a couple places to get injectors cleaned.

“I’ve aways used RC Engineering in SoCal. Heck I’ve done them twice now on the same original injectors in my 390k LX450 😜

Mr Injector in Dalton Gardens, Idaho
They check flow rates and patterns. $18.00/ea plus shipping to have them cleaned and checked”

The most important is to believe that they are upgraded. At least they will have new filters and rings :)

Cheers

Just going through this now. Was looking at either replacing, or cleaning and flow testing OEM injectors.

Everyone I've spoken to says clean the originals, don't replace them unless there's a failure.

Apparently lots of faked 'OEM' injectors out there

- i do believe that the additional holes might actually atomize the fuel better but i'm also dubious on this point, in that, why would denso not just do this to begin with? if in fact its only benefit

View attachment 2769421

If all else is the same, doubling the number of holes will ½ the pressure through all the holes.
Fuel pressure through the orifices is an important factor in atomising the fuel.
It's like having a garden hose with a spray fitting on the end, and swapping it in favor of an open hose end.

Personally, I would not touch them.

If all else is the same, doubling the number of holes will ½ the pressure through all the holes.
Assuming the holes are the same diameter. It almost looks like they added two smaller diameter holes to the original 2 holes.....odd. Regardless if there's more square mm of opening then the delta P will be lower (as you said).

Hmm, let's see:
-Ebay only seller - check!
-Price too good to be true - check!
-Broken English in listing - check!
-Modifying a complex and sensitive part with no data to back up claims - check!

Sounds legit.

No, seriously, I wouldn't put that in my engine. Totally up to you, but fuel injectors are something that's quite precise, and a lot of engineering goes into their design. Some random on an ebay shopfront isn't someone I'd trust for a component this important.

I don't know if my opinion is agreed with or not by most when it comes to injectors but here it is. I would say they are most likely not much good. Most cheap injectors on ebay are knock offs. If it is naturally aspirated you could try getting the originals serviced or cleaned or whatever. However even if the injector comes back to life with a cleaning you are still putting old 265k injectors in that has old parts inside the injector that cannot be serviced. I personally don't think it's worth it. If it's forced induction I especially recommend replacing injectors since a lean condition is so quickly catastrophic for those engines. If it's naturally aspirated a lean cylinder long term can cause damage too if the owner doesn't notice the lean condition. A 1fz rebuild is expensive. If you know where to look you should be able to find oem injectors for around 1/3Rd the price of dealership prices. I don't have a 1fz so I can't confirm that. I have no need to look. That's just been my experience with pricing on other Toyota engines.

Hey guys, this is all really good feedback (although not necessarily what I wanted to hear) - thank you.

To answer some of the above, the holes are definitely smaller in diameter (at least 1/2) so the physics might make sense. I am definitely not convinced that they are genuine Denso however..

But - Because I can't really be without a car, my plan is to throw these injectors in temporarily and send the old stock ones out the get professionally cleaned and tested - I'm expecting turn around time of about 1 week after sending them in. Annoying part will be redoing the work later and replacing the intake gaskets again but what can you do, guess I'll be pretty good at taking the plenum off after my 3rd time.

I'll update here how these work for those that may be curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom