Mobil 1 Oil Change Rebate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pepboys is also doing a 15$ rebate per 5qt jug. Max 2. So essentially BOGO

coming up on my 300k oil change. Perfect timing...

Where do you buy your oil to receive the rebate? Advance Auto and Pep Boys are not listed on the list of "participating retailers".

Forget buying these at advanced auto, this year they didn’t carry the filters.

Right now Mobil 1 is running the rebate again for 2020. $10 gift card for every 5 qt jug (or five - 1qt bottles). Limit 2 rebates per household. Offer good till 9/30/2020.

Just be sure to also get the M2 filter if you aren't already. I get the high mileage, long life filter and change the filter every other oil change with 10k intervals. Those synths are so good, the oil in the filter when changing that is not terrible the the oil on the dipstick is still a shade of "honey" when the interval comes up to change oil AND filter.

Just be sure to also get the M2 filter if you aren't already. I get the high mileage, long life filter and change the filter every other oil change with 10k intervals. Those synths are so good, the oil in the filter when changing that is not terrible the the oil on the dipstick is still a shade of "honey" when the interval comes up to change oil AND filter.

Just to double tap this statement, my last Blackstone analysis' were done on Mobil 0w-30 with 15k and 19k on them, both came back excellent and each one said you could bump the intervals a few thousand miles more. Those were one year between changes since I do them every October. The days of the 3k -5k mile oil change make about as much sense as putting your money into a CD at the bank and thinking it's a solid investment vehicle.

Just an FYI, Costco has the 6 quart boxes of Mobil1 on sale a couple times a year for around $26-$28ish. Limited varieties, but they have the 5W-30 which is what I use in all my vehicles so I stock up.
It just went on sale today at Costco...save $10.00 on a 6 qrt case. Limit 5 cases.

Last edited:
Usually around $28+ change and taxes during the Costco rebate.

They also now sell their own branded synthetic oil too. With Costco rebate, it's $22 + taxes for (2) 5 quart jugs. I sprang for it and will be trying it after my cross-country tow adventure.

Is it the regular M1 5w-30 at Costco?

Last time I saw M1 5w-30 there (probably May) it was only the high mileage version which I want to avoid.

Great - thanks for posting! I’m still a believer in changing oil right before winter to give max protect during cold starts (and a few cold shut downs).

in arkansas we call anything under 50f cold!

Is it the regular M1 5w-30 at Costco?

Last time I saw M1 5w-30 there (probably May) it was only the high mileage version which I want to avoid.
Why avoid? I've had great results using the M1 HM/Extended Performance product and larger m2 filter. In the South, anyway.

Usually around $28+ change and taxes during the Costco rebate.

They also now sell their own branded synthetic oil too. With Costco rebate, it's $22 + taxes for (2) 5 quart jugs. I sprang for it and will be trying it after my cross-country tow adventure.

More than Walmart per quart.

Why avoid? I've had great results using the M1 HM/Extended Performance product and larger m2 filter. In the South, anyway.

Works fine as an oil but there are lots of reports that due to the additives used if you stop using it the seals shrink more aggressively.

In June, I ordered 5 quarts of 5w-30 M1 from Walmart for $22.88. Adding the M1-102a filter for $10.34 got me over the $30 free shipping threshold.

Last edited:
Works fine as an oil but there are lots of reports that due to the additives used if you stop using it the seals shrink more aggressively.

In June, I ordered 5 quarts of 5w-30 M1 from Walmart for $22.88. Adding the M1-102a filter for $10.34 got me over the $30 free shipping threshold.
I have just kept using it..no issue. The m2 filter allows me to stick to the 20k interval and saves$. I change the oil at 10-20k, not the filter with the hm/ep product and the filter at 20k to 40k with successive changes.. oil color is still honey colored (slightly darker if @ 40) and is still slick as oil shot. Ideal changes will provide better cleaning with the detergents, but the engine is built so well that it stays clean for the most part. 100 miles before the extended change, I may add 1/2 can of Seafoam to the crankcase and the other half to the gas for some additional cleaning if I feel necessary. Been doing this for the last 3+ years snd the engine is still running quiet and smooth as a sewing machine with no leaks or smoke after the first or second crank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom