Mobil 1 Oil Change Rebate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to do the first oil change on my 2001 LX 470 and referenced some threads on here to gain some knowledge beforehand, so I thought I'd return the favor.

Mobil 1 has a rebate for $12 off 5qt or more of their synthetic oil or $15 when you buy 5qt plus an extended performance filter.
https://apfco.net/secure/R8235W/Content/OfferForm.pdf

Amazon has Mobil 1 5W-30 Extended performance for $26.68
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J00X3NW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the M1-209 filter for $10.05
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CIXOXA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought 2 x 5qt and 2 x M1-209 for $79.32 after tax in CA. Minus the $30 rebate (2 per household) puts you at 10qts and two filters for under $50.

Good of you to share that with everyone. One good deal. Just ordered two 5 qt. containers.
Thanks for saving me $24.00 plus 10% sales tax = $26.40.

That'll buy a case of beer and two packs of smokes.

You da man!

Just to keep it tech, I believe synthetic oil extends the life of Land Cruiser engines and anything else needing oil. Use it in the transmission, transfer case, front and rear differentials, power steering and brake fluid. Been using it for the last 75,000 miles and never have to add a drop between changes. Even pulling a 6,500 lb. trailer 400 miles one way. Same on return trip. Always letting the Land Cruiser go at it's own pace and never making it work too hard.

I'm sure others will share their experiences with synthetics and report positive results.

Last edited:
Great deal, PROVIDED it's from a "participating retailer." Bought (2) 5-qt. 0W-20 Mobil 1 EP for my wife's GX460 this a.m., and then I saw this rebate notification from qwopzxm. After reading the fine print, I decided to order some from Amazon, since I figure I'm going to be using it at some point anyway.........well, Amazon's price is $59.88 (shipped) for a 5 qt. container vs. Wal-Mart's price of $26.68 for a 5-qt. container.

Oh well...........

You're good with your Wal-Mart purchase as well. The deal site I saw this on has people confirming Wal-Mart and Amazon as participating vendors

Are you sure that is the right filter. Amazon says mine takes the M1-102 for a 1998 UZJ100

Came across an interesting oil filter thread in tacomaworld.com - one of their mods opened up a number of the popular oil filters and it would seem that if filter media sq inches is an important metric for you then Toyota 90915-YZZD3 is the way to go at 225 sq inches. Some others: FRAM TG and EG 116 sq in; M1-102 and K&N 1002 measured 103 sq in. For the larger capacity filters he opened up M1-209 and NAPA Gold 1516 and they measured out at 171 and 210 sq in. Obviously not an exhaustive or scientific comparison of filters and their ability to do their job - just a filter medium surface area comparison, but somewhat interesting in that if you purchase 209s or 1516s (I do) in the belief you're getting "more filter medium" then it might be time to fall back to OE.

Great deal, PROVIDED it's from a "participating retailer." Bought (2) 5-qt. 0W-20 Mobil 1 EP for my wife's GX460 this a.m., and then I saw this rebate notification from qwopzxm. After reading the fine print, I decided to order some from Amazon, since I figure I'm going to be using it at some point anyway.........well, Amazon's price is $59.88 (shipped) for a 5 qt. container vs. Wal-Mart's price of $26.68 for a 5-qt. container.

Oh well...........

You didn't search enough. Found it for about $26.00 and No sales tax at Amazon in Alabama. Which is 10% to pay the political royalty.

Just an FYI, Costco has the 6 quart boxes of Mobil1 on sale a couple times a year for around $26-$28ish. Limited varieties, but they have the 5W-30 which is what I use in all my vehicles so I stock up.

Ordered it from Amazon on Friday for $26.68 no sales tax, free shipping and minus $9.00 rebate = $17.68 and got it today. Delivered on "Sunday" by the U.S. Post Office. What a big surprise. I know the employees love working on Sunday considering how dedicated post office employees are rumored to be.
Also got one for my wife to give me to use on the Land Cruiser later. What a thoughtful women! May buy her a rear bumper for Christmas to show my gratitude.

Man, you sure know the way to a woman's heart!

you guys cleared amazon stock

If you have a Wal-Mart near by you can grab some there for around the same price. No filters (at least online) but they have the 5qt jugs available.

Mobil 1?? Don't you know you are gonna blow your engine unless you use a mixture of 3 parts Amsoil with 2 parts Super Tech?!?!? And make sure to use a Fram filter!

This is back again everyone.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super

act now and save up to $15 on Mobil 1™ synthetic motor oil or up to $9 on Mobil Super™ motor oil.

• $15 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil and a Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filter.
  • $12 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil.
  • $9 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil Super™ Synthetic motor oil.
  • $7 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil Super motor oil.
Offer expires Oct. 31, 2015. Receipt required. Certain restrictions apply. See the terms and conditions for details. Check the list of participating retailers.

Thx for the heads-up...

Steve

Trying to get in on this before it expires, but don't see Amazon or Walmart on the retailer list. Autozone had it but wanted $36 a jug for high mileage which kind of kills the rebate. Did y'all confirm those sellers qualify? The list starts with "Some participating retailers include:" which is nicely ambiguous. I shot them a message in the mean time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom