Moab-Rubithon 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You've got it down to a science Del :D

I was talking with my wife the other day and we started counting the times I have driven across the country and I am at over 30.

Not counting the more than 20 drives from NC to Florida and vice versa.

@SFROMAN does that include are you fun Death Valley trips? ;)

I just applied for a few federal jobs in Barstow and 29 Palms California, WTF am I thinking lol

Bump

RUBITHON 30

Dates
June 19-24, 2018

let’s iron out the details.

Who’s in?

I hate that I'm saying this, but I won't be able to swing it. Screwed myself on PTO this year, and it'll take me another year to build up enough :(

I hate that I'm saying this, but I won't be able to swing it. Screwed myself on PTO this year, and it'll take me another year to build up enough :(

Come on man!!!
That sucks.

Agreed...major suck here. I'm likely going to just take a couple weeks unpaid and not worry about pto.

I thought about doing that, but it's just not in the cards this year. Ford repairs and a 2.5 week excursion to europe had a longer lasting financial impact than originally anticipated, in addition to not having any PTO (at all) until sometime this coming spring.

I thought about doing that, but it's just not in the cards this year. Ford repairs and a 2.5 week excursion to europe had a longer lasting financial impact than originally anticipated, in addition to not having any PTO (at all) until sometime this coming spring.

Wasn't aware you are doing the Europe thing. That definitely would put me out of the Rubithon deal.

I'll likely be in Europe a few times but for work.

Johnny-If you can do a week, fly into Sacramento and I'll give you a ride. Then you'll know the trail and can be the guide for your group the following year.

Wasn't aware you are doing the Europe thing. That definitely would put me out of the Rubithon deal.

I'll likely be in Europe a few times but for work.

Laura and I were there for 2.5 weeks second half of September this year.

Johnny-If you can do a week, fly into Sacramento and I'll give you a ride. Then you'll know the trail and can be the guide for your group the following year.

Man, that's tough to turn down. Let me think about it for a bit bud, thank you for the offer :cheers:

@GLTHFJ60 2019 works better for @MaryTandra and I anyway. So we BETTER make 2019 work.

Maybe I'll find some wheels and 37+ tires by then.

Johnny do you have any resources of where I can get info for this trail?
I have found videos and picture threads online but they are lacking when it comes to information.

In talking with others at the Christmas party I got a good idea from someone. That is to reach out to the club that runs the event and try to get info from them. That might be the best way to get first hand experience on what and how to prep for a trip like this.

Cool. Thanks.

After looking on the actual rubithon page there is a lot more info there than the actual rubithon thread here on mud.

Cool. Thanks.

After looking on the actual rubithon page there is a lot more info there than the actual rubithon thread here on mud.

If we need a spot to park our trailers, we can probably fit two rigs at my brothers house. He's not far from the trail head but m not sure exactly how far.

I'm seriously thinking of going out to Rubithon this year and photographing the trail ride. I'm still trying to figure out logistics, but thought I would throw my name in this thread to let ya'll know my intentions.

I'm more interested in Rubithon than Moad because this year's pictures for Trails weren't good at all. I know that part of California and I know it's pretty, so getting a bad photo out of Rubithon is tough to do. I figure if I don't wheel and don't have my hands full, I can shoot photos for Trails...or the ONSC, or myself. :meh:

I'll most likely fly into Sacramento if I can't find a seat with someone. Not sure yet.

I have plenty of vacation in 2018 (6.5 weeks), and since I started the thread, I feel obligated to at least give it a shot! My problem would be the fact that I haven't been in the country since August and the wife/kids schedule doesn't match up to make it a family trip and those dates are during final exams for summer semester. But, with all the PM and upgrades on the 80, should be a perfect time for the truck to make the trip. Let's see what I can pull off...

I'm seriously thinking of going out to Rubithon this year and photographing the trail ride. I'm still trying to figure out logistics, but thought I would throw my name in this thread to let ya'll know my intentions.

I'm more interested in Rubithon than Moad because this year's pictures for Trails weren't good at all. I know that part of California and I know it's pretty, so getting a bad photo out of Rubithon is tough to do. I figure if I don't wheel and don't have my hands full, I can shoot photos for Trails...or the ONSC, or myself. :meh:

I'll most likely fly into Sacramento if I can't find a seat with someone. Not sure yet.

Alex,
Yeah we talked about it at the party. It only makes sense for you to jump in with someone as a passenger. That way you are focused on picture taking. I told you if you decide to go, currently I have an open seat in my truck. Just let me know sooner than later if you are going so I can plan accordingly.

Brian,

I know exactly how you feel. Hope you can make it happen.

I also hope they don’t have to change the dates. Currently the June 19-24 dates line up perfect with my work schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom