Moab disaster turned best experience. Grandpas Garage!!!! BUY THE BRACKET! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You do need to remove the torsion bars to install. It's a ~1 hr job here in our shop fwiw.
That's exactly what I wanted to know! Less cleaning involved then.
Thank you for that info!

That's exactly what I wanted to know! Less cleaning involved then.
Thank you for that info!
I was able to loosen the torsion bar, unbolt the bracket on the lower arm and just move it aside. I didn't have to completely pull the bar out, or take off the front bracket. So it all just bolted back up easily and then I tightened the adjuster back to the dirty thread spot. If you look at the bolt, you can see where it was tightened up to by the clean threads. That will be very close at least.

I'll have to order a set of these before I wheel next!

We didn't meet at Cruise Moab but I did admire your truck and notice the lean angle in the camping area. I love the steel wheels and Dissent bumpers.

It's good to know that there's a resource like Grandpa's Garage in Moab! Hopefully, I'll never need it.

After the last torsion bar crisis we couldn't keep the FK27 reinforcement kits on the shelf. It goes in waves, every ~18 months someone has their trip end in epic failure when a torsion bar mount breaks and they help us sell a bunch of torsion reinforcement kits :D

We've had them trickling in from Australia and have been fulfilling orders as we go but we just got in a few dozen kits today, available for immediate shipping. Operators standing by 801-563-1277 :D

Last edited:
Pepper, Robert (July 2006). "LC100 Suspension Solutions". Overlander 4WD Magazine
...There are other A-arm solutions on the market, but these act as a cradle to catch the arm once broken, as opposed to strengthen it in the first place. "

Just caught this line in the article posted above. Would this be referring to the brackets we're talking about here? Or are these brackets (mine are Tough Dog brand, for example) actually reinforcing the arm?

I'm glad I got the reinforced bracket when I did my lift. At first, I was skeptical because it does not seem like a lot of people installed on their rig. But the sales guy at MetalTech strongly recommended, I'm glad I listen to him, cause I wheel my rig fairly often.

Nice to see you were able to turn a bad experience into a great one. I, on the other hand, would be screwed, lol.

Reactions: KTP
Maybe I should actually remove my welded/repaired arm and reinforce my arms since I started this thread? o_O Definition of the Village Idiot!

I’m still on mine too haha. Fixed with fender washers.

I think it’s worth discussing that Kelly and I BOTH had this failure on MOOG arms, so.....don’t buy them. This is a common failure point on Aussie IFS 100s as well even on stock arms. Buy the brackets.

09F5719D-21D8-4A0D-9FE7-C55908805F8D.jpeg

Have this kit, did not want to drill into my control arms. They just sit in the garage.....but hmm, this thread is convincing me little by little.

After the last torsion bar crisis we couldn't keep the FK27 reinforcement kits on the shelf. It goes in waves, every ~18 months someone has their trip end in epic failure when a torsion bar mount breaks and they help us sell a bunch of torsion reinforcement kits :D

We've had them trickling in from Australia and have been fulfilling orders as we go but we just got in a few dozen kits today, available for immediate shipping. Operators standing by 801-563-1277 :D

You should buy some chairs for the operators

I've recommended them two or three times, but...don't have a set on mine. Thanks for the reminder, now I have something to do over the weekend.

Two very nice chairs for the operators, at least as of 30 minutes ago.

They stay comfortable in their air conditioned office :D

I bought that $23 piece of mind from @cruiseroutfit last year along with a set of OME TB's. Very happy with the TB's btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom