Moab: Columbus Day Weekend (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like Slickrock is out. Sounds like Moab RV Resort is out. Sounds like Canyonlands doesn't have cabins. I don't feel like camping. I've reserved a Kabin at the KOA.

Not that it matters, Canyonlands has cabins.

Cabins are all reserved at Canyonlands too. NAXJA annual meeting - a one time deal at Moab.

I am not happy:bang:
The good news is that I have been asked to co-manage our new heavy technical rescue team at the fire department. It is a very cool thing. I have been attending several classes over the past year to prepare for this. Anyway - we are starting the training process for our team and the first 'Rescue Tech' class is going to be held the week of the Moab trip. We are bringing in a group of USAR instructors from Texas and they scheduled it for Oct 5-18.

The bad news is that I have to attend the class with the team and will miss Moab yet again. Lauri and I were really looking forward to it this year. I have even talked her into driving a few of the milder trails.

I hope you all have a wonderful time and take lots of pix. I will make it to the slickrock someday. Maybe by the time I have the '40' done:crybaby:

I have even talked her into driving a few of the milder trails.

No problem... just tell Laurie to caravan up with the rest of us and we'll take really good care of her while you are working.

Seriously.
-Mike-

Moab

Sounds like most of you that are going are leaving early Thursday? Anyone going later, maybe Thursday after work or Friday morning. I am able to take off that Friday and Monday, so leaving are those my two options. Just wondering. I also hope to get a couple of things done before then (e.g. lift and sliders). The guy who offered to help build sliders took a new job (taking a lot of his time), so I am looking at buying a set. Been looking and going to call tomorrow and see what I can find. As for lodging I guess the KOA?

Rudy

Hey Rudy -

I am going up early Thursday, but there may be others who are on your later schedule. I booked a one room cabin at the KOA. I think it ran about $45 a night. It's pretty basic - just a bunkhouse and the bathrooms are in a separate building. But it's fine. I've stayed there a few times.

Evan

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control we won't be able to make it this year.

Definitely - hopefully next year.

Do you know what trails you'll be doing? I'll be up there during that weekend and I wouldn't mind tagging along with you guys if that's possible.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:I told my boss if I had to work a Saturday I want the Friday and Monday off for this weekend. Well, I finally did my part today and I am going! Just need to make the reservations, if not I can sleep in the truck. Hopefully my sliders get here in time.

Great news Rudy Rory! :D
-Mike-

Great news Rudy Rory! :D
-Mike-

:flipoff2: You know the two of us. You can say anything you want about me, but make sure you have my name right.

Do you know what trails you'll be doing? I'll be up there during that weekend and I wouldn't mind tagging along with you guys if that's possible.

Hi Markh -

You'd be welcome to tag along. We were talking about the trail choices at yesterday's meeting. I don't think it will be too hard core on this trip. We talked about Fins & Things and Metal Masher. Last year we did both Golden Spike and Behind the Rocks, but we've got some trucks going this year that aren't quite so modified as the group we had last year.

I'd like to see our group do Hell's Revenge this time as well. Keep posted to this thread and we'll have some more discussion on trails before the trip. But you'd be welcome to join us on the trail anytime.

Evan

That sounds good. I'm up for any trail.

Head count

I think this is a list of everybody. Anybody else? Any changes?

Leaving on Thursday:
  • Evan
  • Graham
  • Mike
  • Rory
  • Jon
Leaving on Friday:
  • Rudy
Possible:
  • Mark
  • Vince
  • Shawn

Last edited:
Jon,
Vince told us on Sunday that he is 50/50 so add him to the 'possible' list.
-Mike-

Alright, I have a tent spot reserved for the trip. Looks like no Molly, but my brother is coming down from WA. :D

Do I need to bring a roll of quarters for the showers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom