Moab: Columbus Day Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Several of us have indicated a need and desire to do this again. The weekend is October 11-13. I'm working the weekend before (another event at the garden), and will come out to Moab Thursday, 9 October.

I would like to suggest Metal Masher as a run. Not too hard, but not easy either.

I'm torn by this week. I've already got my time off for this week, but I am not sure if I want to do Moab again when there are so many other cool trails/runs in the desert SW.

I might be thinking about a Nevada expedition during that week.

-o-

I'm going to do my best to make it happen.

Jon - Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

We will be there.

Is everyone looking to go prior to the weekend, like Jon (9-13), or will most include Monday and Tuesday (11-14)?

I'd like to bring the girls on this one. Set the dates and I can get it off.

G

I think mostly arrive on the 9th and leave on the 13th, but we'll firm it up at the meeting next Saturday.

Anybody who can't make the meeting have a preference?

Is everyone looking to go prior to the weekend, like Jon (9-13), or will most include Monday and Tuesday (11-14)?

Like Steve said most will go up on Thursday or Friday. I have those days off for working the weekend so it works out good for me. I will be there the week after for some personal time on the other side of the river.

We are hoping to make it this year. We haven't done Moab yet and are anxious to give it a whirl. No preference on dates, but we can discuss at the meeting. We would like to have a place for an RV hookup in Moab though so we can bring the Casita.
Paul

we will probably be in again. last year was the best time i've had in Moab yet.

I will be there. Hopefully with Ross and Connie and some glasses as backup to the contact lense. :D

-Mike-

We would like to have a place for an RV hookup in Moab though so we can bring the Casita.
Paul

Last year several of us camped at the KOA. They have tent sites, RV sites with hook-up, and Kabins. There are also other options.

Despite really wanting to go, we will probably not go because I've got to save my vacation days for the trip to Disney World at the beginning of November.

Last year several of us camped at the KOA. They have tent sites, RV sites with hook-up, and Kabins. There are also other options.

the problem was, they had no wind protection, some of us in tents couldn't stay there. lets discuss it at the meeting and here as well. i vote slickrock or one similar. there's no cotton from the trees that time of year.

Canyonland private campground is a nice possibility for wind protection AND a whole separate area for a group. Those of you who have camped there may recall a driveway that veers off to the right of the main campground and drops into the lower creek. You cross the creek and then come into a whole another secluded camp ground with probably another 10 sites. This is where I always camp and the dogs can run around w/o worries. This is still part of the same campground. The only caveat is that you're no longer close to the restrooms. The creek usually dissuade car campers due to the water depth.

Canyonland campground is on the corner of Main and Kane creek road (across from McDognards). They have cabins, rv sites and the usual crap. Often times you can jump on the hotel next door's wifi!! You can also park your trailer in the lower part as I see lots of other trailers parked there.

Sounds like it might be difficult to get a motor home through the creek (?)

Canyonland private campground is a nice possibility for wind protection AND a whole separate area for a group. Those of you who have camped there may recall a driveway that veers off to the right of the main campground and drops into the lower creek. You cross the creek and then come into a whole another secluded camp ground with probably another 10 sites. This is where I always camp and the dogs can run around w/o worries. This is still part of the same campground. The only caveat is that you're no longer close to the restrooms. The creek usually dissuade car campers due to the water depth.

I see CanyonlandsCG is where David L. usually stays. If you tent camp in the back, do you need to wade the creek to use the bathrooms?

Sounds like it might be difficult to get a motor home through the creek (?)

'Fraid the RV area and the cabins are in the main campground.

I see CanyonlandsCG is where David L. usually stays. If you tent camp in the back, do you need to wade the creek to use the bathrooms?

nah, there is a nice people bridge over the creek or just wash in the creek :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom