Moab: Columbus Day Weekend (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
I just put in for the weekend. Should be no problem getting it off. Looking forward to it.

G

Jon, I had planned on the trip, probably leaving out early Fri morning through Sun. Anyone else?

We're still planning on it.

I doubt we can make it, but my $.02 on campgrounds, canyonlands is much nicer than slickrock, except the cabins aren't very good. RV and tent sites are as close as they are at slickrock. There is a smaller tent area across the creek, but you are better off in the upper area.

I am also planning on going. Not sure if the wife will make it this time or not.

I thought last October's HDC Moab trip was one of the best trips I've been on. Moab is such a blast and it was nice to get out on the trails with a smaller size group. Cruise Moab is always fun, but sometimes when you get 20 trucks on the trail, it takes a while to get through to the other side...

Evan

we are still in. i agree with Evan, it's even more fun when it's a smaller group and all people you know well.

Another possibility for one more for this trip, if there is room. I can check into taking Fri & Mon off ( I don't see too much of a problem). Just one question, how much time in advance do I need to make reservations for a camp site at this time of year.

Rudy

I just got an email back from Slickrock. The Jeep group NAXJA has reserved all the cabins at Slickrock for that weekend (their 25th anniversary). They have a few RV and tent sites left, but that's it. So, for this year Slickrock seems to be out. Same with Canyonlands - no cabins. They suggested this place:

home

They have plenty of room as of now. Anybody know anything about them?

Wow - this is kind of sucky:

policies

They seem to be anti-off-roader. Vehicle repairs on the property are strictly forbidden. Limited space for extra vehicles and large, awkward or bulky vehicles. No visitors. No pets except in RV spaces. No wood fires. Doesn't sound very friendly, just upscale for non-4-wheeling visitors.

There's always the KOA...

I don't know what their availability looks like, but we could check it out.

I really think that wind last year was a fluke.

They seem to be anti-off-roader. Vehicle repairs on the property are strictly forbidden. Limited space for extra vehicles and large, awkward or bulky vehicles. No visitors. No pets except in RV spaces. No wood fires. Doesn't sound very friendly, just upscale for non-4-wheeling visitors.

I recall there was a electronic gate at the front and visitors can only walk in!

I just got an email back from Slickrock. The Jeep group NAXJA has reserved all the cabins at Slickrock for that weekend (their 25th anniversary). They have a few RV and tent sites left, but that's it. So, for this year Slickrock seems to be out. Same with Canyonlands - no cabins.

They have plenty of room as of now. Anybody know anything about them?

Sounds like Slickrock is out. Sounds like Moab RV Resort is out. Sounds like Canyonlands doesn't have cabins. I don't feel like camping. I've reserved a Kabin at the KOA.

I've reserved a Kabin at the KOA.

I'll probably do the same. Those have worked well for me the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom