Misfire all Cylinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s barely drizzling so I poured water in the sunroof drain, I can hear it hitting the ground and the pillar wasn’t damp.

I moved to pouring in the gutter, and the dampness returned. I can see it on headliner near where the cable enters the channel.

Vin is not factory etched in the glass. It is often a dealer added item (extra profit).

I’d look at where the cable for that aftermarket antenna goes through the roof.

Did they really put it through the roof!? I envisioned it running down the gutter to the firewall.

Who knows? It isn’t factory, so they could have done it many ways. If you have a leak there, it seems like it may be worth investigating the possibility.

If they ran it through the firewall, you should be able to observe where it penetrates the grommet.

I pulled some of the interior out of the passenger seat area. I’ve pulled several plugs and I haven’t yet found any corrosion or signs of water getting that far.

any guidance on how/where to look?

I got a few recommendations and got someone to seal it, I haven’t seen water since.

I have run a few 1000 mile tests:
original maf with bypass - maf out of range
Original maf without bypass with block plate - sais valve stuck
New maf with bypass - maf out of range
New maf without bypass with block plate - sais valve stuck

I’m still thinking the bypass is messing with my maf readings.

I removed the plates today and apparently messed something up on the drivers side, exhaust leak. I went to put the plate back in and still an exhaust leak. I can’t seem to find what I broke, bent etc, any ideas?

I think my leak is coming from the pipe to flange on the manifold side, not between flanges.

I don’t really like this idea, but not ready to pull/weld/replace the manifold... thoughts?

Wait? WTF is going on there? Why is there metal strapping there at all? Clearly, you've got a leak in that area. My advice is to replace the whole part. Are other parts of the truck put together this way? Was the strapping idea to put pressure on the lateral tube against the flange?

Wait? WTF is going on there? Why is there metal strapping there at all? Clearly, you've got a leak in that area. My advice is to replace the whole part. Are other parts of the truck put together this way? Was the strapping idea to put pressure on the lateral tube against the flange?
I stole that picture from a Tundra site. Mine currently does NOT look like that, but may soon.
I have an exhaust leak there after messing with the bypass/block off plate. I think its the pipe flange which is part of the entire exhaust manifold, hence my entertaining of above option.

Thanks, but I think they are the right plates, now removed. Regardless that’s not where it’s leaking. You can see the carbon on the nut side of the flange. I only see two options, try the awful metal plate over to sandwich or pull it and weld it up.

Removed block off plate

I replaced the windshield back in May or June, I haven't seen any water intrusion since. I have removed the SAIS bypass and haven't had any CEL's all summer. Our first morning with the temp dipping down and I got SAIS bank 2 failure. When I put power to them, I can hear them spin individually.

I may try the bypass again, but I envision more misfire codes. At this point, my time and money would have been better spent replacing the two air pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom