Builds Meet “Marge” our new Piggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question. Should I have this capped off? This has probably been answered ad nauseam but I’m being lazy and just asking instead of searching View attachment 3322773
Well it is a path for unfiltered air into your carb, so I vote "Yes!".

It was the path for your air pump to pull filtered air. It looks like you are no longer using the air pump, so no longer needed.

are you saying you need me to post my NOS top-secert original FJ55 Fitting Kit black and white step bt step instuctions sheets mini-FSM ?

1566526396896 - Copy.png

Last edited:
I think I figured out why Marge’s brake lights don’t work. I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed this before… should be fun to try and figure out what the PO did. He had what appeared dang near everything rewired behind the dash. No clue why they wouldn’t have worked this into the program. I’m assuming I’ll have to pull the instrument cluster to find where this is meant to plug into.

IMG_0017.jpeg

If I’m gonna have to pull the cluster I might as well work on getting the radio @ToyotaMatt provided installed. Electrical…..yikes.

you can do it ! :)

just remember the ACC and KEY ON and BAT + on 3 taps of the back side if the just panel

the TOP1 0mm hex / 6, is the NEG - GROUND for everything !

eazy peezy

DSCN9892.JPG
DSCN9893.JPG
DSCN9895.JPG
DSCN9899.JPG
DSCN9900.JPG
DSCN9902.JPG
Fujitsu Ten 477 - Copy.jpg

fujitsu ten 99+.jpg

Yah that’s a horrible picture. My photography skills need improving. I’m going to have time to try and tackle this over Easter weekend.

Does the loose plug in my picture from the break light switch plug into the fuse block? That’s what I’m kinda gathering from Matt’s post. Shined a light up there and felt around. Doesn’t seem like anything is missing? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Any good pictures from the sty as to what I’m looking for? Zero issues pulling instrument cluster and looking around if that’s what it’ll take. Like I said the wiring is not original so who knows.

Thanks @RUSH55 i got a better idea where to look when I crack Marge open again.

You have a few things going on here at once :

- note the OEM toyota japan 🇯🇵 spec update switch below

- the Maroon paint dashes , thicker gauge wires , copper rivets etc

- the OEM Cushons
x2 also are key here !!!

Now :

You MUST replace both the harness side Female and it’s old terminals at the same exact time to skin this CAT

If you don’t ? , your setting your self up for failure from the get Go

both cushions too , a bad or missing one contributed to this , for sure

If you do this as I outline Above , your set up for success the moment you make that last crimp , plug and play …

PM me your shipping info , I’ll Gitte up pony express this kit and the needed lock down nut out 1st thing ..

Marge deserves only the best here …

You and I both know this …:cool:

Matt

98AB4D01-9C6E-4AF9-96FC-6AC942642249.jpeg
8C074F01-CDC2-4F65-B531-4F8BA6BA89C3.jpeg
865A07C1-13FD-4CF6-A872-445430CC1458.jpeg
BC171A17-D041-4403-8843-18B984DDA07E.jpeg

1711510985676.jpeg

Last edited:
Fuse is good. Checked that first. Great pics Bob you are a better photographer than me. I’ll dig into the dash and find the other end of the plug. Hopefully it still exists.

Well I pulled Marge out today and spoke sweet nothings in her ear for a bit before I jumped under her dash. Disconnected the battery and pulled the gauge cluster out. Dug around for quite a bit before I found the correct connection for the brake lights. It was buried deep in that rats nest back there. I was pretty sure it was the correct connector and my assumption was confirmed when I cut of the electrical tape marker on it and noticed it was labeled “STOP” 😂😂.

Someone must have forgotten to simply plug it back in after they rewired everything OR due to the brake light switch only working intermittently the left in unplugged and never got around to replacing the brake light switch. Had one of my boys push the pedal while I was checking out the brake lights and they work 85% of the time the pedal is pressed. I know this could be a grounding issue as well. If I have time today I’m gonna pull the light housings and clean them up to hopefully get better contact then try everything again. If that doesn’t clear it up 100% then we’ll go with a new brake light switch. Appreciate everyone’s help pointing me in the right direction in terms of locating the plug.
IMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom