Me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I want to be honest with you guys about something that happened this past friday that is going to cause me to be a little slow on shipping out and responding about orders. I had a heart attack. I'm alive is the good news and moving around somewhat but the medicine they have me on makes me move really slow. And I'm limited to what I can do. I have a stint in my heart now permanently. I'm back shortly at the shop today and will try and ship some carbs and dizzy's out to those that have been waiting. The rest will have to wait till Monday to get done. I should have trained my employees to inspect, test and ship my carbs and dizzys but just always thought I could do it. I'm sorry for this disruption. I'll get back to speed shortly.

My Dad golfed one week after his last stint's were put in, no excuses ;)

Scares like that suck, glad we aren't shopping for daisies. A couple weeks from now and you'll be good as you were before (or, hopefully better ;) )

I've always wondered about that "contingency" plan too...might be time to get serious about that...

Again, glad you are on the mend :)

Stay strong Marshal!!!

A new pcv for the 'ol 2F.... ;)
Rest up, breathe deep and keep on ticking!

Be well my friend. Your health is number 1. You have lots of friends out here if you need anything

hope you get back to strength in no time! I was a little worried something went down when I read the swap meet was canceled. It must be those damn soft tops...

I have a couple of those stints from a year ago, feel great now, sucked though, get well soon, best, larry

Marshall

That's a heck of a wake up call!

There's an old saying that heredity loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger. You know better than anyone, including the doctors, what's behind this. It's all about choices and consequences.

When you're at the stage of life where you're trying to prove yourself to the world (and to yourself) its hard to pull back and get the balance you need to stay truly healthy.

In a mock interview where God was asked what the finest irony of man is, God's response was that the finest irony of man is that he will squander his health in search of wealth so that in his old age he can squander his wealth trying to buy back his health.:flush:

There is no one right way to live. I'm currently putting in about 20 hours a week in the shop, about 15hrs/week on land use projects, 2-3 days a week of cardio hiking, 2-3 times a week of playing volleyball, road cycling once a week, and sex on days that end in Y:). Its funny that most of my friends consider me a dilettante. My backpacking friends wish I would take backpacking more seriously. My musician friends wish I would take music more seriously. My cycling friends wish I would take cycling more seriously. My land use friends, etc... And of course my customers wish I would take my business more seriously.

What's my point? Fawk 'em all. It's not their life. If you don't have balance, you won't ever be truly healthy, and if you don't have your health, you ain't got much.

Take care brother.:rainbow:

P.S. I turned down the doctors' offer of a pacemaker 23 years ago. That was all the wake up call I needed.

Although I hated reading this news, I'm so glad that you typed it up! Get well buddy!

I'm glad you're OK, Marshall!

Take it easy.. My Dad had one a few years ago, was back to his old self within a week - and was in better shape than before. He had major blockage, so they cleaned him out and put in a stint. With all the new blood flow - he is doing great! Rest, eat right and take care of yourself - Health and family come before any carbs and dizzys.

WOW bud!

Take it easy and slow down…. God/ Family/ business…

My thought/ prayers are with you.

As we've texted, I am glad you are ok. Things like this really put a perspective on life. Cruisers dont mean squat in the grand scheme of things, all it is is a pile of metal and bolts. You being with your friends/family is more important than anything else.

Hope you had a nice week off in the mountains relaxing. If I can do anything, please let me know. Oh I will strap up your goods on a pallet so they can head your way. Will be in touch.

Hope the process of healing has been a good transition. Take care of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom