craigslist Maltec Toyota Explorer Series 7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Must be a multi fuel vehicle :)

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.15.04 PM.png

Although it may be a common practice on Craigslist, if you contact them through the CL ad they will refer you to their shop‘s phone number. Perhaps Craigslist isn’t viewed as a secure platform to discuss a business transaction.

Wonder what it will sell for? I'd personally pay about half that, maybe slightly more. $160k USD could buy you a hell of a lot of vehicles that register in all 50 states.

Maltec’s are pricey but extremely well built, this one doesn’t have all the carbon body work and interior goodness though. I’ve sat in a local HDJ80 and the HZJ78 at the Heritage museum (on 80 chassis) - you won’t find higher build quality. That’s a lot of $$ though -

Maltec’s are pricey but extremely well built, this one doesn’t have all the carbon body work and interior goodness though. I’ve sat in a local HDJ80 and the HZJ78 at the Heritage museum (on 80 chassis) - you won’t find higher build quality. That’s a lot of $$ though -
Although I’m not overly familiar with Maltec’s work, I’m under the impression that this engine is not the one they normally chose for a build that is destined for North America.

I’ll be in Santa Fe next week, and if it’s still for sale I’d love to go sniff around and take a look at the build. It’ll be especially interesting as I’m currently building a 79 single cab on an 80 chassis myself.

I too have been in a Maltec HDJ80 and its build quality is superlative. Looking forward to seeing this one if possible.

For those of you that have had the pleasure of seeing, driving or owning a Maltec modified Land Cruiser, does this vehicle appear to be their typical work product?

The ones I've seen before have been newer bodies with older/legal drivetrains. There's a lot of work that goes into these trucks and they're beautiful. Where Malte shines is with the yacht-style wood interiors in the camping trucks they build. Amazing stuff. Having seen a few and had customers with these trucks, I would recommend that anyone looking to purchase one should look closely at where the frame and body mounts have been modified as well as check for functionality of all components. They are expensive because a lot of work, time and parts go into these builds. I'd love to have one someday.

This is here locally. OCD cycles in Santa Fe is a Maltec dealer now and has been working on SackWear's 79 RV as well. It's insane in person. I was surprised to see the v8 in there but Colorado and NM aren't exactly stringent in EPA regs. When I registered my 75 they didn't even do a VIN inspection...

This is here locally. OCD cycles in Santa Fe is a Maltec dealer now and has been working on SackWear's 79 RV as well. It's insane in person. I was surprised to see the v8 in there but Colorado and NM aren't exactly stringent in EPA regs. When I registered my 75 they didn't even do a VIN inspection...

Where in Colorado do you register? Here in the front range they are way more stringent. It is a pain in the butt. I’d love a more casual option! Not that I’m breaking any laws or anything, they just make you jump through a lot of hoops.

“Until you wreck it” ......
—————————————————————————————————-
I have always been curious about this assumption. For example, you take a 79 Series pickup built on a 80 Series frame to your local insurance agent. You tell them that’s its an alternate body that’s been placed on a frame currently available in the U.S. They in turn ask for a series of photos to document the work especially if you’re seeking a “known value” policy. More times than not your agent will “shop it around” to see who offers the best price / value for the policy you’re seeking. (Everyone has access to the photos).
My premise is that the insurance company “knows exactly” what they are insuring and if they agree to issue a policy should handle the claim like any other.
Perhaps I’m wrong, perhaps I’m not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom