Magnaflow now owns Bosal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my factory downpipe was shot, so I ordered the magnaflow replacement with 2nd cat off amazon.

Box arrived, and the downpipe looked different than all the other pictures I've seen online.
It was part #23210

I called magnaflow to ask some questions and read off the stamped part number on the first Cat, and he said they had recently purchased Bosal and it was built to the same quality as magnaflow.

I installed it today and the figment was HORRIBLE. I had to pull it back out and rig slings and come-along, and basically widen it almost 3/4 on the "y" to fit.
IMG_5594.JPG
IMG_5592.JPG
IMG_5559.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG

After that it went in, and hopefully this thing will last.

Anyways, I'd expect this to be the new normal for Magnaflow.

That fitment sucks. Did you try hammering a wood block, 2 x 4,between the tubes to spread them out?

I’ve installed 2 of these and no issues. One thing I did notice is that where the 2 pipes go into 1, yours is different than mine were.

Glad I got mine before the quality went down.

And I checked and mine were the same part number.

894867E3-AEC6-49D0-AAE4-AF08D5B7B98F.jpeg

46AEF169-BDB0-45A4-95F6-36A23AADD780.jpeg

That looks pretty crappy. I just bought the CA smog legal version on eBay and build quality looks much different.

20180325_211133.jpg

20180325_211202.jpg

20180325_211209.jpg

yeah, I feel like I got took, pretty disappointing. there's not even a heat shield on the cat!
Hit up Amazon customer service via telephone, and let them know that you're not happy. They should be willing to give you some credit or other concession if you're not in a position to send it back (like, that it's now installed in you rig). I think you can email the pictures from above of known prior config for the same part number. Oh, and be sure to leave crappy feedback for the product so others know - a rapid decline in sales volume on Amazon might wake up the QA dept at MagnaFlow.

Hit up Amazon customer service via telephone, and let them know that you're not happy. They should be willing to give you some credit or other concession if you're not in a position to send it back (like, that it's now installed in you rig). I think you can email the pictures from above of known prior config for the same part number. Oh, and be sure to leave crappy feedback for the product so others know - a rapid decline in sales volume on Amazon might wake up the QA dept at MagnaFlow.

Good call, I did review it on amazon with a full write up. I don't want to send it back at this point, but I'll email pictures back to the Rep at magnaflow and express my dissapointment. I'll push amazon too, they've been great in the past with returns/credits. Maybe I'll get some free s*** outta this.

I had to "spread the y" almost an inch on my bosal to get it to fit. Also had to weld about 2" of pipe into the lower section because it did not reach the 2nd cat.

If they started selling the real magnaflow at bosal prices, that would be a total win. Instead, it sounds like they're selling the same bosal crap with a magnaflow label on it, which is going to trash their good reputation.

Did you install it yet? Does it give the poor old girl a bit more pep?

Not yet, truck is going to be on jack stands for a few months as I redo the rear suspension. But I'm not expecting much of an improvement. Seems like most people say it's identical to stock.

magnaflow bought bosal.
thats great,
....they both made/still make decent looking bling out of shiny s***ty metal that
corrodes before your eyes.

magnaflow bought bosal.
thats great,
....they both made/still make decent looking bling out of shiny s***ty metal that
corrodes before your eyes.

well had I known it was a Bosal, I could have saved myself 100 bucks!

The rep at magnaflow isn't going to try and make it right. He said I could've sent it back, unused. I felt I made a pretty compelling argument that its a damn sneaky tactic to box an inferior product as there own, and charge you full price for it. The difference being 225 for the bosal and about 310 for the Magnaflow. shame on them.

there's not even a heat shield on the cat!
Hate to say it, but when one company buys another company, they always seem to be looking for ways to cut production costs. In this case, one of those cost savings seems to be the lost of the cat heat shield. Another may be, they may not be using the same ridid welding fixture to weld the head pipe tubing together like the original manufacture did, leading to the poor fitment issuses, like what you've run into. The sad part is, if they don't try to fix these issuses, that'll lead to less customers wanting to buy this product, then that'll lead to them discontinuing this product due to poor customer demand. In the end, that just means one less source of parts for our trucks, not a good situation no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
OP you definitely got the Bosal part in the MF box. Sucks cause the real MF part has a bigger pipe, I bought the Bosal part years ago being cheap but I wish I had gotten the 2.5" MF one. No excuse tho for what they are doing now.

Thats a bummer. thanks jcardona, i ordered the supposed last one on eBay.

I had this on my to-do list for a while, my exhaust is leaking in a few places, I feel like its hurting MPGs.

This was on my long list of things to do so I was bummed to see the quality go down . When I saw your post and got right on it. was happy to receive this STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks jcardona1 PS you reg is inspirational.
I just checked the web site there one more left !!!!

I was hesitant at first ordering from these guys because their price was $100 lower than the rest of the internet. But I contacted them before and assured me it was an authentic Magnaflow piece. Glad to know we didn't get hosed!

Thats a bummer. thanks jcardona, i ordered the supposed last one on eBay.

I had this on my to-do list for a while, my exhaust is leaking in a few places, I feel like its hurting MPGs.

Was this the correct version for your state? The 447103 is the CA-legal CARB approved version which is much pricier than the 23120 version for other states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom