Magnaflow now owns Bosal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered a non carb compliant off Amazon and this showed up (even with prime shipping) straight from magnaflow. Wonder if they either pulled the regular after complaints of the bosal or are out of them.

20180706_140529.jpg
20180706_140537.jpg

I just got mine in from Auto Anything and it's a real deal Magnaflow. :beer:

Ordered a non carb compliant off Amazon and this showed up (even with prime shipping) straight from magnaflow. Wonder if they either pulled the regular after complaints of the bosal or are out of them.

And then two studs snapped in the exhaust manifold. Back to square 1.

I also ordered off Amazon last week. Got a real deal Magnaflow 23120.

I noticed I could get it the cheapest of NEWEGG.com (I've ordered computer parts from them in the past) But i stuck with amazon in case I got a Bosal piece. Figured it would be easier to return if need be.

A few months back I contacted Magnaflow via social media and let them know what they were doing was deceptive and dishonest, and that they were screwing over people that chose to pay a premium for a Magnaflow-branded product only to receive a Bosal in disguise. I even sent them a link to one of the threads here that had pictures with the counterfeit product. They said they would review and get back to me but they never did. Could it be they actually gave a sh1t or just a coincidence that they're shipping out the last of their Magnaflow product? I don't trust any company these days to do the right thing so I'm skeptical...

I'm the guy that started that thread, I reached out to their customer service, and basically they told me because I already installed it, they will do nothing. I blasted them here, on amazon, and on their website. *if* they now changed back to the original, good on them...It just kinda sucks that a multi-million dollar company couldn't get their quality control together, and make it right for me.

I am in Y-Pipe Hell and don't know what the F to do. Here is the backstory on my situation.

Bosal pipe purchased about 5 years ago developed hole. I submitted a warranty claim, received a new bosal pipe. At the same time I was searching for a used OEM setup. Found a used OEM tailpipe & muffler, the seller also sent me a used y-pipe and second cat. Long story short is this used y-pipe he sent me doesn't fit(its not OEM) and the flanges are different. The flanges on this stranged brand pipe have a circular channel for a gasket to sit in which is not like the OEM pipe's(that I can tell) so the gaskets are sitting too deep and don't flush up tight when the pipe is installed.

Meanwhile Im sitting on this bosal replacement that I received. I'm hesitant to use it as I can already tell those flanges won't line up. Yesterday I spent 3 hours slamming pieces of 2x4 into the pipe trying to spread out the "Y" which I was able to do however in doing so I stripped 3 manifold studs trying to get the pipe seated properly. It's impossible to get a piece of 2x4 seated in between the pipe flanges in a way that makes it just plug and play.

So now I am out 3 more studs and need all new studs and nuts and I've emailed Auto Parts Warehouse asking for a full refund on the replacement Bosal pipe I received.

I'm so fed up with this component and just want to buy the Magnaflow. How can I guarantee if I order the Magnaflow from Amazon I am getting a Magnaflow and not a Bosal.

I just want a part that will fit.

I am in Y-Pipe Hell and don't know what the F to do. Here is the backstory on my situation.

Bosal pipe purchased about 5 years ago developed hole. I submitted a warranty claim, received a new bosal pipe. At the same time I was searching for a used OEM setup. Found a used OEM tailpipe & muffler, the seller also sent me a used y-pipe and second cat. Long story short is this used y-pipe he sent me doesn't fit(its not OEM) and the flanges are different. The flanges on this stranged brand pipe have a circular channel for a gasket to sit in which is not like the OEM pipe's(that I can tell) so the gaskets are sitting too deep and don't flush up tight when the pipe is installed.

Meanwhile Im sitting on this bosal replacement that I received. I'm hesitant to use it as I can already tell those flanges won't line up. Yesterday I spent 3 hours slamming pieces of 2x4 into the pipe trying to spread out the "Y" which I was able to do however in doing so I stripped 3 manifold studs trying to get the pipe seated properly. It's impossible to get a piece of 2x4 seated in between the pipe flanges in a way that makes it just plug and play.

So now I am out 3 more studs and need all new studs and nuts and I've emailed Auto Parts Warehouse asking for a full refund on the replacement Bosal pipe I received.

I'm so fed up with this component and just want to buy the Magnaflow. How can I guarantee if I order the Magnaflow from Amazon I am getting a Magnaflow and not a Bosal.

I just want a part that will fit.

Sadly you won't know that you'll actually received a Magnaflow unit from Amazon until it arrives. A lot of people have had luck getting the correct one from Amazon on the first try but you never know. Some people have had better luck on eBay by messaging the seller (unsure of the seller) before purchasing to ensure it was a Magnaflow unit. Here's my thread on this same issue...

Where to buy ACTUAL Magnaflow 23120 cat? Not Bosal.

Someone added a link to the eBay seller that had the correct Magnaflow unit unfortunately it seems like the link no longer works. Good luck!

If you have amazon prime, depending on where you're at you may be able to get it same or next day for free.
Mine showed up the next morning I think. If you get a bosal you can just return it and try again. I bought mine directly from magnaflow on Amazon and got lucky on the first go. Fitment was easy.

Just scored a supposed Magnaflow 23120 off amazon for $140 shipped, we'll see what shows up!

Its no longer $140 though........
Wow. I purchased a new one through Amazon on Sept 12 for $249.15.
NOTE:
The O ring manifold gaskets that Magnaflow supplies are junk. Do yourself a favor and order OEM parts:
90080-43036 donuts.
90080-12007 manifold studs, and 90080-17187 nuts.
90179-08059 nuts and 89466-20020-83 gaskets for the O2 sensors.

NOTE:
The O ring manifold gaskets that Magnaflow supplies are junk. Do yourself a favor and order OEM parts:
90080-43036 donuts.

No kidding, I guess their pricing is following the ridiculous price increases the LC world is seeing:)

I would suspect the price increase being more of a supply and demand issue, new tariffs on steel and cost of doing business including recovering the financial expenditure of Bosal acquisition.

NOTE:
90080-43036 donuts.
Wait, it's $100 more expensive only 3 weeks later? Not cool.

NOTE:
90080-43036 donuts.

Do you have a link to that 249 price on Amazon? TIA

Jason

For those of you that replaced with this, did you have Y-pipe AND cat issues and chose to replace both? It seems like a lot of people have clogged cats and replace the entire thing including Y-pipe. Just asking as I'd assume the Toyota Y-pipe would be higher quality metal provided no issues (cracks) with it. From a price perspective, it makes sense to proactively change the whole thing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom