Dude, who smokes a bowl when they wake up? At least wait til lunch
Wow. Ok I wasn't there so maybe I'm wrong, but from reading your original description and looking at the pictures, you guys were seriously lacking some forethought, and were very unprepared. Sorry but poor judgement was running rampant.
I think this thread has been blown out of proportion.
I don't have a highlift, winch, bumpers, spare birfs and axles, tire chains, sat phone, gps, ham radio etc. Should I not venture off pavement either?
What's so wrong with getting some dirt on the tires without spending thousands of dollars on accessories for my truck.
People venture out in stock cars and trucks all the time without more forethought than some gas and a credit card.
Joey was obviously well prepared for the type of trail he was going on, and when he managed to get himself into a situation that required some work to get out of, he did a good job with what he had on hand (since he was prepared). There is always room for improvement and this forum is one good source of tips & tricks, so lets try and provide more pointers and less trash talk.
...driving past a road closure sign on an unmaintained road doesn't register very high on the scale of 4wheeler atrocities.
As far as the road closure, I personally wouldn't have driven past the sign, but it appears (afterwards) that it was legal to do so. I agree that the image of off-roaders needs to improve, but driving past a road closure sign on an unmaintained road doesn't register very high on the scale of 4wheeler atrocities.
Joey, I'd still going wheeling with you (if I ever ended up in Cali)
ITEMS I ORDERED LAST NIGHT-
• ARB E-Z Tire Deflator ($39.00 Expedition Exchange)
• Benchmade Carry Clip ($15.00 Expedition Exchange)
• Mini Quick Fist ($8.00 set of 4, Expedition Exchange)
• Quick Fist medium ($10.00 Expedition Exchange)
• Quick Fist Super ($10.00 Expedition Exchange)
• Land Rover Steel Wheel Chocks ($10.00 each Expedition Exchange)
• Super Siphon ($9.00 Expedition Exchange)
• Swiss Spice Shaker ($14.00 Expedition Exchange)
• Collapsible Shovel ($49.00 Black Diamond)
Legal if you ask nicely