LX570 Cabin Air Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thinking it was time to change my cabin filter?

View attachment 1098615

Odd how much crap was stuck in there. The Cruiser is otherwise super clean, interior was well-kept and it's spent zero time offroad. It looks like a pillow got shredded in the cab and sucked into the filter? Doesn't look like rodent chew and no bad odor? Crazy eh?

That is crazy!! I've changed them at 30k mile intervals and they look new. We're talkin mid-west, Nevada, and Texas. I think your right must of run over a sheep or had a sheep in the vehicle??

That is crazy!! I've changed them at 30k mile intervals and they look new. We're talkin mid-west, Nevada, and Texas. I think your right must of run over a sheep or had a sheep in the vehicle??

Seriously. The material all looks uniform. I'm thinking a pillow ripped open under the dash?

Swapped the filter and it's blowing stronger than ever.

LOL..................

aa.JPG

Hmmm... Maybe I should check mine... haven't done that yet...

When I bought the rig 2 months ago this is what the filter looked like. I also have dropping all over the engine bay as well as a few wires that have been chewed on.

image.jpeg

The critters tend to do this more in the winter. I found moth balls to be a great repellant: placing one every few weeks stopped the chewing on my knock sensor and fuel injector wires.

The critters tend to do this more in the winter. I found moth balls to be a great repellant: placing one every few weeks stopped the chewing on my knock sensor and fuel injector wires.

I have traps and sticky pads and keep the garage trash free. Also use stainless steel scrubbers to block garage door gaps.

I have traps and sticky pads and keep the garage trash free. Also use stainless steel scrubbers to block garage door gaps.
scrubbers? ... Please elaborate

Like stainless steel pot scrubbers got them at Home Depot. Son runs a large food warehouse and said that's what they used at the bottom corners of their overhead doors.
Very good for keeping elfin' yellow jackets from making nests inside fencing, hiding places in the hay baler, etc.

A few cats, including the avatar, like fresh hot 4-legged food to go, and they do get them some.

Steve

Yes, open the door stated above. If you don't see the filter, press the circulation button and the filter will appear.

Yep I know. Old thread. But just have to say this thread saved me a bunch of hassle when scratching my head wondering how the heck I was going to get the accordion out of the way. Proved pretty darn easy with a little search magic!

Love the vast amount of info on Mud!

AND.. by doing it correctly yourself you won’t end up with a broken recirc/fresh air door like so many of us.

Mostly dealer techs breaking them by the way.

Make sure to use the recirculation button to raise the accordion part so you don’t break it. I replaced mine today and it took me two minutes and another six to replace the engine filter saved $100 for 8 minutes of DIY

AND.. by doing it correctly yourself you won’t end up with a broken recirc/fresh air door like so many of us.

Mostly dealer techs breaking them by the way.
Looks like mine is broken. What are my options? TIA

Looks like mine is broken. What are my options? TIA
Search in this section. They break a few different ways and repair methods depend largely on that. I posted one method but better stuff has gone up since, including notching the filter tray so you can remove the door entirely and have way more access to it for a proper fix.
Changing the whole box is another option but that requires dash removal and AC system evacuation/recharge. The benefits don’t seem to justify the effort & cost.

Is the filter tray required? New to me 200 and it did not have the tray, just a filter in there. I assume I can buy a tray if needed.

here is the link to a potential fix for the recirculation flap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom