Original Charcoal Cabin Air Filter and Low Airflow (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just want to share with the community. Didn’t find any threads here on this topic.

Recently I replaced my cabin air filter with Toyota charcoal filter (from the dealer). Right after the replacement I noticed that the airflow out the vents become super weak. Bought a regular el-cheapo paper filter off amazon. The issue is fixed. Am I missing something? Did somebody have positive experience with Toyota charcoal cabin air filter?

If somebody is interested here are the part numbers:
87139-50100 - Charcoal Filter
87139-76010 – Pollen Deodorizer filter
87139-07020 – Regular paper filter

Photo of the offender below.
image0 (4).jpeg

I’ve used non OEM charcoal filters without issue.

Also, maybe you know, but it’s extremely brave to let the dealer replace your filter. Many a recirculate flap has been broken by dealer techs that don’t know to hit the button on the dash to move the flap rather than just jamming it open to change the filter.

lx200inAR Yeap, I am aware of recirculation door thing and locked my glovebox both time I left it at the dealer. I ordered the filter online at toyota.parts and picked up from the dealer. Wonder what brand of filter did you use?

I’ve been using the Fram filters off of Amazon.
It’s nice that you can set up a subscription to have them delivered every 6 months. The filter showing up is my reminder to change it in the LC.

The Fram filters have worked well until the last two deliveries.
6 months ago, the box was correct but the filter inside the box was the wrong size.
Interestingly, Amazon just told me to throw away the bad one and they had the correct one delivered the next day.

This time the filter was damaged. Again Amazon told me to throw it away and they had the replacement at my door the next day.
It too was ripped.
So I cancelled the subscription. It was nice while it lasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom