LX570 Cabin Air Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to change my LX 570's cabin air filter but refuse to pay the dealer $60 for a $7 part and a little time. Anyone know the process? Can you post the instructions?

Open the glove box, and pull out the shelf. Behind the shelf is a plastic panel. Remove the panel. You will then find the cabin filter cover (looks like an accordian). Pull up and forward and you now can replace the filter.

Thats how it works on my LC at least.

I thought that there was a requirement to put the system into a particular state prior to the exchange. Recirculate? I have not done it myself as yet so I cannot really say.

I thought that there was a requirement to put the system into a particular state prior to the exchange. Recirculate? I have not done it myself as yet so I cannot really say.

Yes, open the door stated above. If you don't see the filter, press the circulation button and the filter will appear.

I get my filters from Amazon but I've seen some on eBay too.

I need to change my LX 570's cabin air filter but refuse to pay the dealer $60 for a $7 part and a little time. Anyone know the process? Can you post the instructions?
you one of those type , who have money to get $80K car and do not know a simple maintenance process, but yet stingy to pay for one.

you one of those type , who have money to get $80K car and do not know a simple maintenance process, but yet stingy to pay for one.
Hah ha. I can afford not only my LX but my Bentley Flying Spur. I still change my own air filters. That's one of the reasons why I can afford to buy anything I want.

Last edited:
Ouch

Cut it out you guys

purse-fight-o.gif

There is nothing wrong with asking questions; that is what this site is here for. Lets make it a friendly place where people can ask for help without being ridiculed.

Edit:

I will also add: I too am "one of the guys" that buys a car and is too cheap to let someone else do the work for me. I am a cheapskate for sure. My wife thinks I am crazy. I tell her "You don't get rich by being wasteful." :p

Last edited:
Hah ha. I can afford not only my LX but my Bentley Flying Spur. I still change my own air filters. That's one of the reasons why I can afford to buy anything I want.
can you adopt me , I can teach ya hot to mess with an air filter in your LX.

My cars only go to the dealer if it's free or warranty work. I do everything in the garage or driveway.
My wife nearly collapsed when I had her new GL up on jack stands rotating tires and changing oil.

does anyone see a difference in using an OEM cabin air filter vs. an aftermarket? seems like a big price difference.

I much prefer to do basic maintenance or repairs on my own to paying exorbitant dealer shop costs. Sure, if something beyond my capability is required I will pull out my wallet, but why waste money on simple stuff? The other benefit I see of doing certain things myself is that after I've done it, I know a bit more about what makes the vehicle tick. Makes the whole thing much less mysterious and intimidating for me.

Regarding OEM vs aftermarket filters, is filtration information available for each so you can really compare? If so, and if the aftermarket one fits well, seems well constructed and filters down to the same particulate level, aftermarket could be the way to go.

I have always used Fram activated charcoal filters in my 100 and my RX400h. They seem to work well and are only $7 on Amazon. I plan to use the same in my LX.

Last edited:
does anyone see a difference in using an OEM cabin air filter vs. an aftermarket? seems like a big price difference.
I installed carbon filter - huge difference one time I was going through smoke from burning forest , not a smell in the cabin till I rolled window down, so carbon filter doing amazing job.

Reactions: HGB
I've found that these cabin air filters are good for double the mileage recommended. . At recommended mileage they still look new. Plus the dirtier a filter gets the more dirt it filters. But never had one get that dirty even in dusty Vegas.

I know that 09 Corolla, 07 tundra and 13 land cruiser have same cabin filter part number as per auto zone. Not sure if Toyota part numbers are same though. And I wrench on all my cars except for tranny fluid flush and alignment.

I changed mine myself. Took about 3 minutes. Bought the OEM filter from CDan. OEM = cool. :)

GIF of old ladies with purses is FUNNY!!

Thinking it was time to change my cabin filter?

cabin_air_filter (Small).jpg

Odd how much crap was stuck in there. The Cruiser is otherwise super clean, interior was well-kept and it's spent zero time offroad. It looks like a pillow got shredded in the cab and sucked into the filter? Doesn't look like rodent chew and no bad odor? Crazy eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom