Air filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How do you clean/replace this filter? It seems to be riveted on?
image.jpg

How do you clean/replace this filter? It seems to be riveted on?View attachment 3410302

It's a vapor filter designed to stop fuel vapors exiting the engine through the air filter when the engine is off.

There is no maintenance required. It cannot be removed, and it does not restrict air flow into the engine when the engine is running.

HTH

Right or wrong I sprayed mine with brake cleaner and the hit with an air hose.

It's a vapor filter designed to stop fuel vapors exiting the engine through the air filter when the engine is off.

There is no maintenance required. It cannot be removed, and it does not restrict air flow into the engine when the engine is running.

HTH
Yes it can. Cut the clips out. I did on all my trucks.

These engines make 381-383hp with that vapor trap in place. No point removing, and it doesn’t need cleaning unless you didn’t run an air filter for any length of time.

Drive on.

N

Not needed. Some EPA req’d feel good thing.
That is an assumption. We have no idea whether toyota also intended it to serve some other plausible function like smooth the airflow before the MAF.

And even if that was correct, is that really a good reason to remove something that clearly doesn't restrict the power production? It may even help if someone has a problem with an air filter or the box opens somehow.. (That's when I would find a way to clean it, personally)

N

Not needed. Some EPA req’d feel good thing.
Neither are catalytic converters but the EPA requires them. This appears to be some sort of emissions control device.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom