LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just a thought, would it be easier to put a spring compressor on the front spring and cut through the spacer and gently spread it and slife in between the coil and top hat wather then undo the hydraulic line

also once i have my rear bar, roof rack, dual batteries sliders and whinch on i will be looking at fitting superior engineering 35mm comfort coils, these are stiffer then standard but they are not designed to hold any accessories appart from alloy bar. i think they would be perfect for a kitted out lx when paired with ahc

30mm should bring neutral pressures to be about perfect for the rear. Wonder if it'll limit compression? If any, it would be minor really.

The front being IFS (vs SA rear), wouldn't need as big of a spacer. I believe it's about a 2:1 ratio. Checkout the OE LC 10mm spacer to see how much lift it give them. I think it's ~1" lift.
Based on that 10mm might be perfect for the front then.

also once i have my rear bar, roof rack, dual batteries sliders and whinch on i will be looking at fitting superior engineering 35mm comfort coils, these are stiffer then standard but they are not designed to hold any accessories appart from alloy bar. i think they would be perfect for a kitted out lx when paired with ahc
More details on these springs? Do you know the spring rate? Front or rear?

these springs are designed to carry a standard lc200 with no more than an alloy bar, once you add steel bar and whinch, dual batteries, sliders, roof racj, rear bar all the loghts,awning etc they wont hold the weight on their own

I think you'd be better off trying stock LC springs first before trying something with more spring rate plus lift.

I get that. But those accessories, as heavy as they are, still won't have these spring in the right ballpark of spring rate. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

The Superior Coil spring are both a lifting spring AND incrementally more rate than a standard OE LC spring. You'd likely have better luck trying a standard 200-series LC spring than this aftermarket spring. Though I still believe that to be too stiff.

In the 100-series world, some people have had success using an 80-series spring as an AHC replacement spring. This potentially could also work for the 200-series but is unproven. Or try a 100-series spring in our heavier 200-series. Not even sure if the major dimensions of the spring would be compatible. That said, I do have 100-series spacers in the rear of my 200-series so maybe this could work.

Based on that 10mm might be perfect for the front then.

I'd probably try a 15mm spacer. A bit extra to compensate for added accessory weight.

the problem i have with the standard spring is i dont know if they would have enough expansion in them to stay captive in the seats until with the system in hi mode and at full wheel travel

Yes it will. The LC spring is designed for the same functional stroke. Exact same spindles and arms, so the geometry is the same. Unless you've modified something that allows for additional droop, it's highly unlikely they will become unseated. No reports of such even in modified LC's. Same story with the rear.

Unless you've found some extended length AHC hydraulic rams that is. Then you must let us know! :)

i will keep that in mind, im fitting preload spacers to the rear soon and happen to have some 2012 sahara coils at home.

just watch my intro thread, i have some tricks that if they work you guys will be wanting to know every little detail on ;)

Yes it will. The LC spring is designed for the same functional stroke. Exact same spindles and arms, so the geometry is the same. Unless you've modified something that allows for additional droop, it's highly unlikely they will become unseated. No reports of such even in modified LC's. Same story with the rear.

Unless you've found some extended length AHC hydraulic rams that is. Then you must let us know! :)
the other reason i was looking at those springs is. i dont really need low mode, the reason i chose raised hoegjt also was to elimenate the need for preload spacers. you would still be able to raise it and lower it to N but unless theres is a lot of extra weight no L mode

can someone on here who hasnt done the sensor lift post up the measurements for each corner for center of the hub to edge of the wheel arch please

Adding this in case it helps others. I just wanted to level my LX a bit. I followed @DeckerT4R's instructions pretty much but only adjusted the front.

1. Park somewhere level
  2. Double check that all your tire pressures are the same
  3. Measure each corner—some folks do tire to wheel well—I did ground to wheel well. My LX had about 2" of rake front to back.
  4. Raise up to high
  5. Turn AHC off
  6. Turn your wheel to one side and turn off your car
  7. Loosen the front AHC sensor nut with a 10mm wrench and slide all the way down
  8. As you are tightening, make sure it stays down (I had to redo one side because it moved very slightly)
  9. Turn wheel opposite direction and do other side
  10. Get back in—start your LX
  11. Turn AHC back on—I cycled through all the settings
  12. Reset back to the setting you originally measured in step #3
  13. Re-measure
  14. Go get an alignment soon
In neutral height I ended up damn near level.

Front driver: 36" (from floor)
Front passenger: 36"
Rear driver: 36 1/2"
Rear passenger 36 3/4" (assume it's because I was almost empty!)

It's hard to capture in photos, but difference is immediately noticeable—not in a bad way—I just wasn't expecting to notice.

Did my best trying to get a pic—my driveway is graded:

C7oHBFH.jpg

2cuIWWb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom