LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello those of you who did the sensor lift, Have you yet noticed any change in the ability of AHC to remain in "N" with a heavy payload? When my OEM tires are done for, I am planning on replacing them with larger tires on the stock wheels and doing the sensor lift. I tow a heavy boat often with four people and gear and want to ensure the truck will stay at "N". Thanks!

I don't tow often and when I do it's a jet ski or a utility trailer so I can't say for sure but I don't imagine it being a problem. I had 34's on mine before the AHC adjustment. Worst case, You can still run a tire that size without the lift. Just a little trimming to do.

Hello those of you who did the sensor lift, Have you yet noticed any change in the ability of AHC to remain in "N" with a heavy payload? When my OEM tires are done for, I am planning on replacing them with larger tires on the stock wheels and doing the sensor lift. I tow a heavy boat often with four people and gear and want to ensure the truck will stay at "N". Thanks!
if your worried about that mate, remove the 3rd row seats there is a good 50 od kg of weight there, to be removed. easy job. 4 bolts and some plugs to disconnect

if your worried about that mate, remove the 3rd row seats there is a good 50 od kg of weight there, to be removed. easy job. 4 bolts and some plugs to disconnect

Done last year. Thanks. Boat & trailer weigh 6600 lb. Not sure of the tongue weight, but add four adults, big dog, cooler, etc...adds up. Replies seem to indicate I may be good to go. If it doesn't work, I'll just re-place the sensors. Thanks again.

Adjusted the ahc sensor on the front arms over the weekend for 1" of lift on both front wheels at all positions. All heights cycle fine, Easy Access Mode still functions as it was before. No noticeable changes in ride quality yet, will be going for an alignment this week.

I only wanted to address the rake of the vehicle so I didn't mess with the rear sensors.

Put the truck in 4Lo and still got the 3/4" additional height in "Hi mode" though the truck definitely felt a bit more "squirrely". I suspect it's because of the pretty signicant camber change of roughly 3.5" over the original "N mode"??

Plan is to fit 275/65/20 KO2s on the factory 20s with 3/4"-1" spacer after the alignment.

Thanks @DeckerT4R and others for y'alls input before!

i found mine had reverse rake after just doing the front, made some spacers and used longer bolts to lower the opposite end on the rear sensors, worked a treat

out of curiosity, appart from when jacki ng upthe var has anyone found a use for the ahc off button. i wouldn have thought that it was for offroad use to stoptje pump activating and trying to level the car out over rough terrain but after an hour drive on the beach on sunday when we pulled up i noticed the back was lowered right down and front way up in the air so struggling to make dense of how it works

the manual says its to lock it in a certain hieght but the speed limits for each hieght still over ride the button

Any news on any of this? I want to do the sensor lift and add spacers to the springs to get the hydraulic pressure back into spec.

Either that or do the spring spacers and reset the neutral height using techsteam.

I first need to sort out the spacers for the front and back.

I'm also interested in the sliders but haven't heard any further news on those. Those will be a priority since I consider the running boards to be the weakest link and what I actually hit this past weekend wheeling

Any news on any of this? I want to do the sensor lift and add spacers to the springs to get the hydraulic pressure back into spec.

Either that or do the spring spacers and reset the neutral height using techsteam.

I first need to sort out the spacers for the front and back.

I'm also interested in the sliders but haven't heard any further news on those. Those will be a priority since I consider the running boards to be the weakest link and what I actually hit this past weekend wheeling

Call Slee (@sleeoffroad ) about the sliders. They made some for their own LX570.

Do these front coil spring spacers below look like they would return AHC pressures to "normal"? I've done the sensor lift up front with ARB bumper, winch, and slee sliders. Just trying to keep the system in optimum condition.

Would this be preferable over the OEM spacer which goes on top of the strut mount?

Does anyone know the spring rate of the LX570 front springs vs the LC?

SuperPro Bushing Kit for LEXUS LX LX570 (J200) - 2007-on

Do these front coil spring spacers below look like they would return AHC pressures to "normal"? I've done the sensor lift up front with ARB bumper, winch, and slee sliders. Just trying to keep the system in optimum condition.

Would this be preferable over the OEM spacer which goes on top of the strut mount?

I've been debating this as well lately.

Website Says they're only 10mm. I measured about 1.25" inches of lift on mine which I believe is more like 30mm. I just ordered 30mm rear spring spacers from trail tailor @reevesci to try to lower the AHC load. I'm thinking the front should be around the same. 20-30mm

Also slider pics please!!!

@DeckerT4R They also have a 20mm spacer, I just don't know how much which would be needed. Do we need to compensate for total amount of sensor lift, or just enough to reduce pressures?

As far as disconnecting the front AHC lines, as long as I bleed the front accumulator to release the pressure before cracking them open, I should be good right? I've flushed/replaced the fluid from the bleeder valves before so I'm hoping it just that straight forward.

@DeckerT4R They also have a 20mm spacer, I just don't know how much which would be needed. Do we need to compensate for total amount of sensor lift, or just enough to reduce pressures?

As far as disconnecting the front AHC lines, as long as I bleed the front accumulator to release the pressure before cracking them open, I should be good right? I've flushed/replaced the fluid from the bleeder valves before so I'm hoping it just that straight forward.
i have no idea on bleeding the lines

Also slider pics please!!!

Here are some pics from the 200s event in Breck, not particularly of the sliders though. I'll grab some underneath shots tomorrow.

DSC_0335.JPG

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0470.JPG

DSC_0806.JPG

more sliders

they have led lights that plug into existing power from the oe steps and shine a nice swath of light about a foot away from the sides.

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0815.JPG

I've been debating this as well lately.

Website Says they're only 10mm. I measured about 1.25" inches of lift on mine which I believe is more like 30mm. I just ordered 30mm rear spring spacers from trail tailor @reevesci to try to lower the AHC load. I'm thinking the front should be around the same. 20-30mm

30mm should bring neutral pressures to be about perfect for the rear. Wonder if it'll limit compression? If any, it would be minor really.

The front being IFS (vs SA rear), wouldn't need as big of a spacer. I believe it's about a 2:1 ratio. Checkout the OE LC 10mm spacer to see how much lift it give them. I think it's ~1" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom