LX570 AHC Globe/Accumulator Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are your shocks and springs original on all 4 corners? Thanks!
Lexus records says the shocks were replaced whether four or two it isn’t clear. Probably original springs

Did they indicate mileage?
Front and Rear shocks 176K

Been a couple years since I looked at service history. It's got 2 front bumpers and 3 rear bumpers. I'm going to go with accident damage of some sort. Nothing big enough to be carfaxed . . . lots of soccer mom time.

Front and Rear shocks 176K

Been a couple years since I looked at service history. It's got 2 front bumpers and 3 rear bumpers. I'm going to go with accident damage of some sort. Nothing big enough to be carfaxed . . . lots of soccer mom time.

😁

I’m on windshield #4

1584652885604.png

The 2.5L above may not be available, but the 1L - 08886-81221 - should be.

Last edited:
Tools -
12 mm socket on a 2" extension to remove all the skid bars. As I didn't pull the brackets I didn't need any weeble wobbles. I already had removed side steps a couple years ago.
The globes use 21mm socket. I used a 12 point mainly, but I did round one trying to get it off and had to resort to a 21mm 6 sided impact socket for that one.
For three of the four globes I needed an 18" breaker bar + 18" pipe. I used about 12" of the pipe, so around 24" of lever.
The plastic pry tool to mess about with the washers.
A qt size manual transfer pump.
3/16" id x 5/16" od pvc tubing
10mm open end for the bleed valves
1 gallon water bottle for waste fluid
Oil drain pan for sphere fluid (only got maybe four oz out of the spheres)
Torque is 111 ft lbs on the spheres
49156-60030 is the backup washer part. one per accumulator is required.

Am I reading it right, is that 111 ft/lb and not NM torque for the accumulator globes?

Am I reading it right, is that 111 ft/lb and not NM torque for the accumulator globes?
Torque: 150 N·m {1530 kgf·cm, 111ft·lbf}

Saw this while I was scrolling thru. Similar to the marks count that can be done on the 100 series.

AHC Marks count.png

That's from a LX570 2009 manual, so I guess maybe? My reservoir is too dirty to see those marks. First time I've seen that section in the manual.

Just did a full flush and no marks on my reservoir. I did clean it up with some simple green and snapped a photo for reference [emptied]. Interesting though, does that photo show the backside of the reservoir as the neck is on the right?

IMG_20200730_141232.jpg

Yeah, I think it's the back side of the reservoir. Earlier step was 'remove fuel filler pipe protector' . . . we just need to know how far apart five marks are . . .

Here:

473909DC-2218-4C90-A31B-F7B3A127C0E3.jpeg

On my 2011 LX570 I feel every little bump on the road. The comfort and stability is not how it is supposed to be. The ride feels floaty bumpy and squirly. For comparison I took a test drive in a 2017 LX570 and felt a night and day difference. After all the research I did the following:
  1. I visually inspected the shocks and AHC lines but found no leak.
  2. I took the rear bumper cover off and that made it easy to see the graduation markings on the fluid reservoir. I then tested the graduation markings test from L to H and got a reading of a little over 8.
  3. I flushed the fluid with new 5 liters of AHC fluid. The old fluid was dark.
  4. While I was flushing the fluid I took each accumulator globe off and checked if they were blown following the method in this video (even though this video is for mercedes but I assumed the basic structure maybe the same) but none of the globes seem to be bad.
  5. After the flush I went for a test ride but felt no change in ride quality at all.
So now I am at a point where I don't know what should I do next. Should I go ahead and replace the accumulator globes even though I found them to be ok? I have contemplated taking it to the dealer but not sure if their diagnosis would be more informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom