LX470 Cabin Air Filter Replacement DIY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

also, this cover is NOT the easiest to remove. Mine is a very tight fit behind the small plastic trim piece. Having to wedge it/shimmy in/out and up/down

View attachment 3317898
I agree, I thought for sure I was going to break something. It's possible to get it out to the right just take your time. Remember there are a few sneaky screws off to the left that may still be secure.

also, this cover is NOT the easiest to remove. Mine is a very tight fit behind the small plastic trim piece. Having to wedge it/shimmy in/out and up/down

View attachment 3317898
for me, it was not the plastic piece causing the tight fit, but that metal tap just visible on the left side of the picture.

eneded up looping a thin strap around it and using a winch attached through the inside of the vehicle, through the open hatch to the rear pumper. winched it ever so slightly until I had enough room to pull the door out.

then used my bottle jack to push the problem area back in place.

rube goldberg contraption for the win:cheers:

quite the cluster.

for me, it was not the plastic piece causing the tight fit, but that metal tap just visible on the left side of the picture.

eneded up looping a thin strap around it and using a winch attached through the inside of the vehicle, through the open hatch to the rear pumper. winched it ever so slightly until I had enough room to pull the door out.

quite the cluster.
=] That's wild.
I just shoved a pry bar in there and bent everything out of the way and prayed nothing would break. Suppose there's more than one way to skin a cat.

quite the cluster.
here are the gory pictures:

TimePhoto_20220610_161823.jpg

TimePhoto_20220613_171226.jpg

TimePhoto_20220613_171243.jpg

TimePhoto_20220613_171250.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LCT
Recommend googling the PN and pick the best price and availability. The online parts places always beat the dealer price. When installing the little gasket, recommend using something like silicon sealer used in pool components to help it stay in place while you are reassembling. Thanks to all the contributors on this 17 year old thread that is still helping new Cruiserheads make things better.
Yes! Glad this thread is still active. Question: anyone know why the post 02s didn’t have the cabin air filter door? Why would it be left out? I change my Tundra’s cabin air filters once a year and they are pretty grimy at that point 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom