LX 450 door handles part of hack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$59 plus shipping in white

Don't know your year but that's for a 1997 80.
thanks man. yeah i ordered green and they got back to me and said NLA. so i guess i just keep trying colors and i have to have it painted?
was there an advantage to buying these with paint versus getting the chrome? i never quite figured that out.
dealer has green but they want $130 so i am trying to sort it out. i suppose i could roll with the green for awhile, buy one to paint it and sell the green one now that i think about it...?

thanks man. yeah i ordered green and they got back to me and said NLA. so i guess i just keep trying colors and i have to have it painted?
was there an advantage to buying these with paint versus getting the chrome? i never quite figured that out.

Dude you can ask some questions. :D

Just get whatever you can get and go from there. You can successfully paint over chrome or paint.

dealer has green but they want $130 so i am trying to sort it out. i suppose i could roll with the green for awhile, buy one to paint it and sell the green one now that i think about it...?
Chrome was just an option on some of the years. Think it was the later yrs in black/chrome package. Not as common as the painted colors is my guess they are still avail. VS the color matched ones.

Chrome was just an option on some of the years. Think it was the later yrs in black/chrome package. Not as common as the painted colors is my guess they are still avail. VS the color matched ones.
thanks man. i was going to grab a green one and roll with it next to the black. figured it wouldn’t be too bad for a temp solution. better than the black duct tape.
i’m thinking i buy the green one stop the dealer for $130 and bite the bullet. none available at partsouq.
then when i have the time i try to figure out if the chrome will take the paint as well as the painted ones and buy four and paint them all and replace them all or something.
sound like a plan?
i hate to pay to paint one handle and riding around with a chrome handle seems kind of dumb. just having a hard time wrapping my head around a strategy for this issue i guess...

thanks man. i was going to grab a green one and roll with it next to the black. figured it wouldn’t be too bad for a temp solution. better than the black duct tape.
i’m thinking i buy the green one stop the dealer for $130 and bite the bullet. none available at partsouq.
then when i have the time i try to figure out if the chrome will take the paint as well as the painted ones and buy four and paint them all and replace them all or something.
sound like a plan?
i hate to pay to paint one handle and riding around with a chrome handle seems kind of dumb. just having a hard time wrapping my head around a strategy for this issue i guess...
Chrome or paint, you will want to prep whatever you get for it properly stick if you decide to match it.

i see. thanks. you mean like an automotive rattle can gloss?

More questions. Yes. :cheers:

Eastwood makes a nice trim paint. Just one suggestion of a myriad of things that would work.

More questions. Yes. :cheers:

Eastwood makes a nice trim paint. Just one suggestion of a myriad of things that would work.

thanks man. i kept holding out hope i could find black i guess. i need to get on the paint. i’ll look into the eastwood. i also need to find a touch up brush thing if anyone makes it.

so one of my online $60 plus shipping handles came in and fortunately it was the drivers side. big thanks to dan for the heads up on the link to the colors and intel on the parts numbers. some of those left right and chrome part numbers get confusing in there.
it appears green is a very very close match for black. this is the best imagery i could get but only in bright light really can you see the green sparkle.
seems like i could also swap out a used handle (or the new green handle even...) and fit it into my black surround. look like you would need to dremel off the flattened area and find some way to secure it again.
anyway i may try to model this handle. and also the white clip if they are both not a sold alone as individual parts. i suppose if i can find a way to print it there could be a billet version and a printed or even paint read injection molded version (or something).

8615DCAF-6BCC-4D42-90B7-C8ADB7899DCC.jpeg

00ADE65C-8BD8-4B5E-BD9E-BB3339B47F31.jpeg

EE525C2C-F776-44D3-B27A-8B6F6BA8EE52.jpeg

F35E4561-4D8A-4CE7-AE19-683C7970A166.jpeg

23193C63-F95F-4189-BE1C-691F17178353.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom