LX 450 door handles part of hack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looks like the DS door handle in the black LX is out of stock. i’ll post the part number when i get home. but while i am thinking about it is there a way to buy another part and hack a new one? is the Dorman aftermarket part any good? other suggestions? my handle cracked.
THANKS
pics show cracked DS and working OS handle. the rear handles seem longer.

BE013D8C-600B-42BF-BFB8-C6F21E04CECE.jpeg

6FA6C080-AC92-427B-9E5E-1145EB2AEAF2.jpeg

69220-60020-C0 is discontinued from Toyota.

Used or aftermarket or 69220-60010 which is chrome.

thanks a lot onur.

anyone have any experience with the dorman handle? anyone done a good hack?

anyone gone with four chrome handles and got pics?

anyone blacked out the chrome somehow?

Looks like Edward Scissor hands was the previous owner.
not quite following but i guess because it looks cut up.
basically i gave it a tug one day and it busted into 1/3rds 2/3rds. my local toyota desk guy gave me a dorman part # but i didn’t want to go that route.
so this is a very very neat mcgyver duct tape job but like two or three months later...

Looks like Edward Scissor hands was the previous owner.

lol. oh the scratches! yeah i was just looking at that. i think that has to be my keys on my eychain or something doing the one hand full of stuff routine or the black needs to be buffed...

Last edited:
Haha, or somebody with 40 grit fingers?.

BTW I'm a huge fan of alternatives but dorman brand s*** is total garb. I'd sooner be fashioning a bathroom door knob to my truck before dorman.

Irony is that the brand name is dorman...

thanks. kinda bummed to have found that part NLA. hoping to come up with something.

I've had great luck asking for things in classifieds. Not everyone lists for sale the s*** they have, but if you ask, people will pull stuff off their shelves and ask a bit of money for it. 🤷

I was able to get a new green door handle from my dealer awhile back. I don't know if I got lucky or if their are a few dealers that have them in stock? Might be worth a call and see if they can check other dealers stock as well.

I've had great luck asking for things in classifieds. Not everyone lists for sale the s*** they have, but if you ask, people will pull stuff off their shelves and ask a bit of money for it. 🤷
THANKS. took me ages to find that section and then i keep forgetting it is there. appreciate The Good Word.

The chrome will need to be prepped before paint but the paint should stick fine. They are about $80-90ea.

You can just plug the part number that Onur so graciously provides into google and get dealers that are selling it.

is chrome the same as getting the paint? meaning is the paint just as good on top of chrome as it would be on the paint?
also, what did four chrome ones run you?

The chrome will need to be prepped before paint but the paint should stick fine. They are about $80-90ea.

You can just plug the part number that Onur so graciously provides into google and get dealers that are selling it.

THANKS. my local dealership wants $130 for green painted one so i am trying to figure out where i am at.

green paint might be passable on black which means i wouldn’t have to print it immediately i suppose.

but you are saying chrome is as good as paint for accepting point?

also, my local LC shop says they sell those unpainted. interesting gs to it fake news...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom