LS swap positioning question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I've been working on an LS/NV4500 swap on my 86 fj60 for a few years now and I'm wondering if anyone could help me figure out my T-case positioning/alignment. I was driving it for a while before I decided to replace the original motor mounts, bell housing, and now exhaust. In pulling everything apart, I noticed that there was some slop in my pinon bearing and I'm wondering if I don't have driveline angles just right or something else. I never noticed excessive vibration or anything.

If someone could provide measurements from frame rail to T-case or 4wd indicator switch and maybe ground to the center of the rear T-case output, that'd be great. I'm working on verifying angles jive with the Dana app currently.

Hey all, I've been working on an LS/NV4500 swap on my 86 fj60 for a few years now and I'm wondering if anyone could help me figure out my T-case positioning/alignment. I was driving it for a while before I decided to replace the original motor mounts, bell housing, and now exhaust. In pulling everything apart, I noticed that there was some slop in my pinon bearing and I'm wondering if I don't have driveline angles just right or something else. I never noticed excessive vibration or anything.

If someone could provide measurements from frame rail to T-case or 4wd indicator switch and maybe ground to the center of the rear T-case output, that'd be great. I'm working on verifying angles jive with the Dana app currently.
The engine and drivetrain needs to be exactly parallel to the frame rail from a birds eye view. You do not want any angle. From the side view you can have some angle based on rear pinion angle vs tcase output angle and can change that by adjusting the angle of either the entire motor and drivetrain or adjusting the rear pinion angle with leaf spring shims to get ideal U-joint angles. If you have no vibrations I would leave it all alone. Rebuilding your differential is a seperate matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom